Extra contract agreements

Inthegame

It has been my experience that most of what we sign is insignificant to our jobs UNTIL there is some trouble. At panel hearings copies of material signed twenty-thirty years prior will be produced by some arrogant stuff shirted pontificating company co-chair who just can't understand why our member would dare to violate some clear cut directive even a child would understand. (Usually said exactly that way). I always sign legal required documents and depending on my mood policy directives, but I've seen too many dragged out statements that are used for no other reason but to drive one more nail in the coffin for me to believe they had any other purpose.

Some people go into every situation looking for a fight and wonder why they spend life with a black eye.
With the way ups corporate has treated management and hourly in the last 5 years I can't imagine why human beings are going into situations at ups looking for a fight. I mean they are treating us very fairly and with dignity and respect. Everyone is happy to just have a job so we should just take everything we are given. Ok

whiskers

With the way ups corporate has treated management and hourly in the last 5 years I can't imagine why human beings are going into situations at ups looking for a fight. I mean they are treating us very fairly and with dignity and respect. Everyone is happy to just have a job so we should just take everything we are given. Ok

I agree with this sarcasm.

It's not that i'm going into this situation LOOKING for a fight, But I want to be prepared just in case this turns into a fight. It's never good to be the last one to know you're in a fight.

JonFrum

Since this thread is about Article 6 Section 1, Extra Contract Agreements, be advised that the last sentence is:

"In addition, an employee's refusal to sign a Company form relating to the principle of a fair day's work shall not be used for disciplinary purposes unless the signing is required by law or this agreement."

It's missing from your copy of the Contract, isn't it? Anyone know what happened to this important sentence?

whiskers

Since this thread is about Article 6 Section 1, Extra Contract Agreements, be advised that the last sentence is:

"In addition, an employee's refusal to sign a Company form relating to the principle of a fair day's work shall not be used for disciplinary purposes unless the signing is required by law or this agreement."

It's missing from your copy of the Contract, isn't it? Anyone know what happened to this important sentence?

Yes it is missing, and yes i'd like to know what happened to it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I agree with this sarcasm.

It's not that i'm going into this situation LOOKING for a fight, But I want to be prepared just in case this turns into a fight. It's never good to be the last one to know you're in a fight.
It must suck walking around with a black eye all the time. I wouldn't know. I find it very funny Nancy and browncow never make these comments about black eyes to men. I knew Nancy was a bigot, but I was hoping the browncow wasn't. I fear I am wrong.

Considering how my management team treats me two years after being out of work, I would love to hear what they think. Oh, that's right. I have. From them. From my customers. From my co-workers. From Nancy's co-workers. From their own family members as I am often a holiday dinner table discussion.

Considering how much Liberty/UPS has approved to spend above and beyond what would be considered enough, I find it amazing the DM would approve an expense for such a pain in the ass. I can't imagine my Level III Case Manager from Liberty would approve all these additional costs without a certain Managing Nurse in Albany UPS approving them first. Having spoke with her(in Albany with the same fist name as me), and been dumbfounded at the comments she has received from my local management team and from the division management, I would bet Nancy's last years income that they don't agree with him.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why don't you ask your center manager why 11 of the 22 drop boxes in your center were picked up early and 1 was missed entirely in your center last week?
Why the friend$$$ do I care? I don't spend my day talking to my center manager about you. Hell, I bet he doesn't even know you exist. Why do I think your center manager knows my name? How often do you talk about me, Nancy? Should I talk to the nurse about your tendencies? Eewwwwwww. Eeeewwwwwwww. Man, I just grossed myself out. That's not fun. Eewwwwww

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It has been my experience that most of what we sign is insignificant to our jobs UNTIL there is some trouble. At panel hearings copies of material signed twenty-thirty years prior will be produced by some arrogant stuff shirted pontificating company co-chair who just can't understand why our member would dare to violate some clear cut directive even a child would understand. (Usually said exactly that way). I always sign legal required documents and depending on my mood policy directives, but I've seen too many dragged out statements that are used for no other reason but to drive one more nail in the coffin for me to believe they had any other purpose.

Don't forget the stuffed shirt arbatrator who is listening to your answers...my all time favorite at the panel is......my BA told me not cooperate...

whiskers

Don't forget the stuffed shirt arbatrator who is listening to your answers...my all time favorite at the panel is......my BA told me not cooperate...

So what if you were at a panel hearing and you had refused to sign those documents, that would help you with arbitration?

DS

Fenderbender
Why don't you ask your center manager why 11 of the 22 drop boxes in your center were picked up early and 1 was missed entirely in your center last week?
How could you possibly know this? This is classified ups information.
It sure seems like a pissing match to me.
Too proud to shut up?
Mr 2 hours under is starting to irritate me.

menotyou

bella amicizia
How could you possibly know this? This is classified ups information.
It sure seems like a pissing match to me.
Too proud to shut up?
Mr 2 hours under is starting to irritate me.
Thank you, DS.

As I said, Why on earth would I care? I just had major spine surgery 2 weeks ago. I am lucky to be able to walk.
What happens at the center, as far as a drop box miss, is of no consequence to me as I was not the driver who missed. No matter what occurred, it is the managers problem, not mine.
As far as Nancy taking time out of his day to search the board and review my center's info, retrieve and file the info for layer use. Then, come home, log onto brown cafe, and regurgitate. Wow. Someone has a fascination.
One that is not reciprocated or appreciated as it is starting to become weird.

klein

Für Meno :)
The employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agreement or contract with its employees... or to require or attempt to require employees to sign any document..

Would being instructed to write your initials on a document be considered "signing"? I've done a small amount of searching and can't find a clear answer to this.

I watch these silly Judge shows during the day (Judge Judy, Brown, Mathis).
Even an "X" is your signature if it was witnessed you signing it with an X.