Extra contract agreements

Dragon

Package Center Manager
So what if you were at a panel hearing and you had refused to sign those documents, that would help you with arbitration?

No its going to hurt you at the panel. You can explain to the panel why you refused to sign but it would not end well for you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No its going to hurt you at the panel. You can explain to the panel why you refused to sign but it would not end well for you.

Been to many panel hearings on many subjects and have yet to see the issue of "why didn't you sign" arise.
The last time i was pressured to sign some safety drivel document I asked the supe, "why do you want me to sign"?
He answered, "to document that I reviewed it with you".
My reply to him was, "you sign it then".

whiskers

There is language saying "Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee's file or used by the employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding..."

I would think "the panel" would be a disciplinary proceeding.

Set me straight here.

The employer agreed to not enter into, or even attempt to enter into an agreement with me.
Then the employer does in fact attempt to enter into an agreement with me, which I refuse. So now I'm in the wrong? It's not going to end well for me? What am I not getting here?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Been to many panel hearings on many subjects and have yet to see the issue of "why didn't you sign" arise.
The last time i was pressured to sign some safety drivel document I asked the supe, "why do you want me to sign"?

That doesn't mean the question will not come up. Still not sure why you fight everything....

bigblu 2 you

just last week a pre loader was given a warning for missed stop counts.he said he did not miss and the supe said he did.he had a stop count sheet but the supe said it was not the one she looked at.i asked the supe to sign the sheet after looking at it,she said they were told by their bosses not to sign anything????hmmm.

JonFrum

. . . Today I signed "The Eight Yard Control Safety Rules Assessment" and the "Awareness of Damages and Overgoods Prevention Training" (affectionately known as ADOPT). Like so many of these things, a complete waste of time. . . .
Later in the week I signed the "Annual Stormwater Pollution Prevention Training Form" that takes 25 minutes to read to yourself. I learned that when fueling a vehicle we must prevent spills, leaks and dribbles. And that trash in an uncovered dumpster isn't just blown away by the wind, it is mobilized by the wind.

Now I'm handed a form to be signed next week: "The Safety Ride Form For Package Car Vehicle Shifters And Car Washers." This is new!!! I've had periodic observations and quizes on tractor-trailer yard shifting, and forklift (pardon me, I ment Powered Industrial Truck) operation, and Safe Work Methods observations while I carwashed and lined-up the cars, but in the past, we never had an actual Safety Ride. Oh Joy.

menotyou

bella amicizia
A dull pen is greater than the sharpest memory.

Always keep a log of what occurs during your day. You can use those diaries at panel.

whiskers

There is language saying "Any such agreement or document may not be placed in an employee's file or used by the employer as a basis for discipline or used in connection with any disciplinary proceeding..."

I would think "the panel" would be a disciplinary proceeding.

Set me straight here.

The employer agreed to not enter into, or even attempt to enter into an agreement with me.
Then the employer does in fact attempt to enter into an agreement with me, which I refuse. So now I'm in the wrong? It's not going to end well for me? What am I not getting here?

So I'm guessing you don't want to answer this?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I always ask if it is a condition of my employment to sign? If they say yes I sign the document with the words "Under Threat Of Termination"

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That doesn't mean the question will not come up. Still not sure why you fight everything....

Who is fighting what?
What I am saying is backed by contractual language.
Why does management continually try to rewrite an agreement they claim to have negotiated in good faith???

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In what way are you contributing to this thread?

Why would someone as anti-union as you are spend so much time in the "union issues" section of this forum?

I am trying to bring a sense of reality to this thread. Many of you have a sense of entitlement that simply does not exist. Some of you make a battle out of the slightest things. If you are asked to sign a form which deals with your job you should sign it without argument or discussion. Signing it or not signing it does nothing to change the fact that you will be expected to comply with the directives contained therein.

I do my job, keep my mouth shut and go home. Most of my co-workers do the same. Perhaps some of you should do the same. Dave.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I am trying to bring a sense of reality to this thread. Many of you have a sense of entitlement that simply does not exist. Some of you make a battle out of the slightest things. If you are asked to sign a form which deals with your job you should sign it without argument or discussion. Signing it or not signing it does nothing to change the fact that you will be expected to comply with the directives contained therein.

I do my job, keep my mouth shut and go home. Most of my co-workers do the same. Perhaps some of you should do the same. Dave.
Why can't you follow that philosophy here?