Extra work/being forced to help? On Topic

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
This will piss my center manager off who is actually a very fair guy, I am just looking to stop one certain sup from messing with me. But this will have to be my next course of action I guess. At least it'll get my center managers attention.

You don't have to do a "good" job. You might forget where they are. It is up to you if you want the extra work. You are fatigued and afraid to go out and put yourself in danger. You got your fair days work. You don't have to do it. If you want OT. UP TO YOU!

Do you see the occurring word in each sentence?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
One of our supervisors has really been making me mad lately because they always pick me to help someone and most of the time I'm not even finished with my own work yet.

4 out of 5 days of the week I am told via diad to go help someone when there are many drivers who are done for the day that get to go home. Some have more seniority than me but some also have less seniority than me. The only reason this supervisor asks me to help is because I know most of the routes and they don't want to send others out to help that don't know the area. That itself is bull:censored2: because I am being singled out and punished for simply knowing routes. One day I messaged back to send a lower seniority driver to help a certain driver instead and was responded with "no way, they don't know that area."

The most recent time, I worked over an 11 hour day and I was told there were stops for me at the center when I got back to deliver. So I get back to find another 2 and a half hours of work I had to do, but there were drivers who left already. I know I have to WAD, but I need some suggestions on how to make this blatant singling out stop. I plan on filing an article 37 grievance on Monday for harassment since that is exactly what's happening. Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this situation?

P.s. I am a swing driver not on the 9.5 list so I can't use that as a defense...yet
Your here to make $. Follow all the methods and take in the $.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You don't have to do a "good" job. You might forget where they are. It is up to you if you want the extra work. You are fatigued and afraid to go out and put yourself in danger. You got your fair days work. You don't have to do it. If you want OT. UP TO YOU!

Do you see the occurring word in each sentence?
We have to work as directed correct? I can't simply refuse to help without facing possible termination?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have to work as directed correct? I can't simply refuse to help without facing possible termination?

Safety is first. If you are fatigued. You don't have to. Me. I would take 3 to 4 hrs. Just to make them think. I'm here for the OT. That's it for me. But, I have made it clear. Don't always assume I can do it. Cause the one day they need me to. I'm headed home. They do ask me first. But, I have earned it

tourists24

Yes, along with lower seniority drivers who aren't forced to help. Most the time, more than half of the drivers in our center are in and off the clock before I'm even done with my route and then I'm still sent out to help others.
All of these things need to go in a harassment grievance, along with specifically mentioning said supervisor.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
One of our supervisors has really been making me mad lately because they always pick me to help someone and most of the time I'm not even finished with my own work yet.

4 out of 5 days of the week I am told via diad to go help someone when there are many drivers who are done for the day that get to go home. Some have more seniority than me but some also have less seniority than me. The only reason this supervisor asks me to help is because I know most of the routes and they don't want to send others out to help that don't know the area. That itself is bull:censored2: because I am being singled out and punished for simply knowing routes. One day I messaged back to send a lower seniority driver to help a certain driver instead and was responded with "no way, they don't know that area."

The most recent time, I worked over an 11 hour day and I was told there were stops for me at the center when I got back to deliver. So I get back to find another 2 and a half hours of work I had to do, but there were drivers who left already. I know I have to WAD, but I need some suggestions on how to make this blatant singling out stop. I plan on filing an article 37 grievance on Monday for harassment since that is exactly what's happening. Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this situation?

P.s. I am a swing driver not on the 9.5 list so I can't use that as a defense...yet
Meet the guy after he’s finished. Think about what I just said carefully.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Meet the guy after he’s finished. Think about what I just said carefully.
Hard to do when they leave his stops at the center for me. But they have sent me to help someone and I refused to use my cellphone so I drove around looking for them for over an hour and then drove to the center.

F

Frankie's Friend

I forgot to mention that the center manager is often gone for the day before 17:00 so he is never there when said supervisor is doing all this.
Call him.

Sometimes we get sick or diarrhea when we rtb for more work.
Sometimes some people put their diad boards in the rear of the truck when they make their last stop and don't see the green light on it until you are on the lot, "will contact asap" ; "do you want to punch out?" -YES. Punched out. "What did you need? Oh sorry, you didn't explain that before I punched out. Have a great evening". Make sure you got pics of the message(s).

Rack em

Made the Podium
Are you in the Central Region by any chance?
Western
Call him.

Sometimes we get sick or diarrhea when we rtb for more work.
Sometimes some people put their diad boards in the rear of the truck when they make their last stop and don't see the green light on it until you are on the lot, "will contact asap" ; "do you want to punch out?" -YES. Punched out. "What did you need? Oh sorry, you didn't explain that before I punched out. Have a great evening". Make sure you got pics of the message(s).
They always send me the message when I have stops left so I have to respond before finishing my stops.

HereWeGoAgain

My supervisors NEVER tell me to go help someone. They always ask, ive got one hell of a reputation of a very very bad temper. I think they would perfer to ask someone else than deal with me.

MrBates

Make them pay. Work "safer". Its going to hurt and suck at first but after a few RTB's at 22:55, they will get the message and they will stop picking you and they will move on to their next runner gunner option.

- "The game is chess not checkers"

barnyard

KTM rider
I'd rather hit em with grievances so there is a paper trail

Get on the 9/5 list. If you are asked to help tomorrow, reply, "Am I being forced?" If they are forcing you, stay out past 9/5, you will be on the list by the end of the week. Once you are on the list, every time the ask you to help, reply, "am I being forced." You should go over 9/5 quickly and be able to file for 9/5 penalty pay.

Doing that was exactly how I was able to get them to change who they asked. I am very rarely asked to help anyone anymore. Just like I like.