Extra work/being forced to help? On Topic

Rack em

Made the Podium
One of our supervisors has really been making me mad lately because they always pick me to help someone and most of the time I'm not even finished with my own work yet.

4 out of 5 days of the week I am told via diad to go help someone when there are many drivers who are done for the day that get to go home. Some have more seniority than me but some also have less seniority than me. The only reason this supervisor asks me to help is because I know most of the routes and they don't want to send others out to help that don't know the area. That itself is bull:censored2: because I am being singled out and punished for simply knowing routes. One day I messaged back to send a lower seniority driver to help a certain driver instead and was responded with "no way, they don't know that area."

The most recent time, I worked over an 11 hour day and I was told there were stops for me at the center when I got back to deliver. So I get back to find another 2 and a half hours of work I had to do, but there were drivers who left already. I know I have to WAD, but I need some suggestions on how to make this blatant singling out stop. I plan on filing an article 37 grievance on Monday for harassment since that is exactly what's happening. Anyone else have any ideas on how to fix this situation?

P.s. I am a swing driver not on the 9.5 list so I can't use that as a defense...yet

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Go take stops to help the guy then make sure you run out of hours and have to bring some back. They will eventually get the message.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Go take stops to help the guy then make sure you run out of hours and have to bring some back. They will eventually get the message.
I'd rather hit em with grievances so there is a paper trail so I can make it stop for good. Me and this sup have gotten into arguments over this in the past so I know they are doing it just to mess with me at this point.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Slow down and make them pay when they force you to help. Don't cry or complain just go help and shove it up their ass.
I've been doing that and it doesn't help. Not only do I move way SAFER, but I emergency condition stuff if I think there is even the slightest chance I'll get stuck. Hasn't stopped this certain supervisor from singling me out.

Wilson1397

I've been doing that and it doesn't help. Not only do I move way SAFER, but I emergency condition stuff if I think there is even the slightest chance I'll get stuck. Hasn't stopped this certain supervisor from singling me out.
Emergency condition they don’t care about. You need to start missing stops. Then they will care.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Emergency condition they don’t care about. You need to start missing stops. Then they will care.
This will piss my center manager off who is actually a very fair guy, I am just looking to stop one certain sup from messing with me. But this will have to be my next course of action I guess. At least it'll get my center managers attention.

Wilson1397

Do the guys you have to help get in before you?

Wilson1397

This will piss my center manager off who is actually a very fair guy, I am just looking to stop one certain sup from messing with me. But this will have to be my next course of action I guess. At least it'll get my center managers attention.
Did you say something to your center manager? If he is a fair guy he should take care of it but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Do the guys you have to help get in before you?
Yes, along with lower seniority drivers who aren't forced to help. Most the time, more than half of the drivers in our center are in and off the clock before I'm even done with my route and then I'm still sent out to help others.

So if I get say an extra 30 stops with less than 3 hours til my hours are out, I should walk off 10 and sheet the rest as missed?
Absolutely. They will take advantage if you let them. Nothing wrong with helping someone out. It's another thing when they take advantage

You have enough time in to be on the 9.5 list?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Did you say something to your center manager? If he is a fair guy he should take care of it but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
I forgot to mention that the center manager is often gone for the day before 17:00 so he is never there when said supervisor is doing all this.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Absolutely. They will take advantage if you let them. Nothing wrong with helping someone out. It's another thing when they take advantage

You have enough time in to be on the 9.5 list?
That's exactly my point, they are taking advantage of me and I want it to stop! And nope :( just shy of 3 year FT driving.