Extra work/being forced to help? On Topic

Indecisi0n

I always take my 15min paid break somewhere around 10:30am and normally I take the minimum 30min lunch, but starting this week I began taking a full hour.

If you read the OP you would see that I was sent back out with another 2½ hours of work AFTER I had already worked an 11 hour day. I don't consider 11 hours an early day.
Well apparently by your management team it is.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have a wife who hasn’t left me like his did who makes more money than I do. I live in a 4 bedroom home and live a lifestyle he only dreams of.
If you work 14 hours a day, how do you expect to enjoy that dream home and lifestyle? Working 11 hours a day is more than a fair days work and will provide me with enough money to live a very comfortable lifestyle.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If you work 14 hours a day, how do you expect to enjoy that dream home and lifestyle? Working 11 hours a day is more than a fair days work and will provide me with enough money to live a very comfortable lifestyle.
Rule #1. Stop complaining so damn much. Go out and do it. Be a man not a b*.

barnyard

KTM rider
Once you are on the list, every time the ask you to help, reply, "am I being forced." You should go over 9/5 quickly and be able to file for 9/5 penalty pay.

I was just asked to help someone last week on Wednesday. "This will be my 3rd day over 9/5. Up to you."
The reply back was, "We will find someone else."

late_air

Name? Can't. If I knew it Id just type it. I can't
I'm not a 95er (yet) but today I finally had a decent dispatch and could walk through my truck at the start of the day for once. I was looking at getting done about 6 (a rare early finish on my route). Of course the green light of death comes on when I have 30 left saying "You need to help and make sure this guy gets his 8hour" (he tried to get stops cut this morning and told our dispatcher there is no way this is an 8hour. The dispatcher made zero cuts). To top it off after I took 30 off him I got a message (I'm assuming mass message) saying "Need volunteers for help no 95ers reply yes or no". I wanted so bad to send back "OK this will by my 2nd this week" but I really don't want to be on the 95 at this point I just don't want them to :censored2: me everyday. It's just irritating to get extra work in an area you don't know when your almost done and ready to call it a day. They usually give extra work to volunteers and if their aren't any they go bottom up (aside from 95ers) on seniority but I guess they skipped that step for me on their first demand. I think my dispatcher was trying to give me an easier day because I got dicked on the day before and of course he's long gone by the time the PM guy comes in who gives no :censored2:s. I just worked safe and used every method. Ju$t the way they want me to.

Last edited: