Extra Work

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We have 4-5 guys that work the preload pretty much every day. Their routes have to go out lighter, which adds at least 1 more FT driver every day. So there is that.

Also, double shifting is supposed to be offered to PT people before FT is offered the extra work. We had 2 local sorters try it, they hated it and went back to their 3 hours of local sort.
22.4s... here we go.

UPSER1987

That's what I did last summer. I actually got most drivers to agree not to come in and preload because they are literally taking away someone's potential job. Got a few supervisor working grievances paid too, and I hope to continue that this summer again!

You must work in a small center. In a metro center, the drivers would tell you to go friend yourself and take the easy preload hours. No one cares about someone’s potential job around here. Every man for himself, brother or not around here.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
You must work in a small center. In a metro center, the drivers would tell you to go friend yourself and take the easy preload hours. No one cares about someone’s potential job around here. Every man for himself, brother or not around here.
Evidently you supervisors don't care about someone else's job either since you steal their work every day.