Extreme Cold

iruhnman630

Many of my customers closed early today, and are staying closed tomorrow.

As treacherous as our highways were today (because people just refuse to keep it to 30mph) I now see a distinct possibility we wont go out tomorrow. It wouldn't be worth it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

As treacherous as our highways were today (because people just refuse to keep it to 30mph) I now see a distinct possibility we wont go out tomorrow. It wouldn't be worth it.
I once had a sup come pick me up in 22 inches of snow and break a cv axle on his truck. Just so I could go deliver 4 stops in a town 25 miles away.

They don’t care if it’s worth it.

Gaintain

Yup....since we got this new contract last Saturday in 705...just exercised one of those new “discretionary option days” to use tomorrow. Told my on-car as soon as I got back to the building tonight, that I’m wanna use one. Gonna be -50 out here in Chicago.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Late start today not till 11am or even closed for the day. Its -29 and windchill -51 I cant believe UPS actually caved.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
BBE8B9D9-93BD-4704-89FD-F79F3836BEB8.jpeg

Guys walking to the center this morning ..

Indecisi0n

They sent us out one year in about 6-7 inches of snow. I drove around all morning just sheeting businesses EC .It was fun as I didn't even have to get out of the truck . They don't give a friend and neither should you .

UPSjedi41

Yup....since we got this new contract last Saturday in 705...just exercised one of those new “discretionary option days” to use tomorrow. Told my on-car as soon as I got back to the building tonight, that I’m wanna use one. Gonna be -50 out here in Chicago.
When I called in this morning I said the same thing. Use a discretionary day if you can. Not coming in. In our center, I have heard of only one driver so far who went in.