Extreme Discipline?!?!

35years

Gravy route
I honestly was just never trained on using missed, in my mind i knew they closed at 5 and i wouldn’t make it there since i had pick ups so i put it as missed. In the past it would have been emergency condition as thats what they drilled into every new drivers head. Some guys even put their clerk work as EC
After 5 p.m. closed is missed not e/c. Every driver in the entire country is trained this way every year through required diad training modules. Dont just blow threw your diad training. I suggest you take pictures of training that contradicts what supervisors tell you.

If they dirrect you to sheet as e/c over the phone confirm by sending a diad text saying "I am sheeting the closed business as emergency conditions as dirrected by my supervisior John Smith". They will likely send you a diad text saying sheet as missed. When sheeting as missed after 5 and or closed before 5 go to the actual add and make a legit attempt.

In the future comunicate only through the diad, not your phone.

We all know management will tell you shortcuts that violate methods training. If you cut corners and dont get caught, they look good. If you get caught you can get fired. Stop trying to make them look good. Instead save your job by doing the right thing.

35years

Gravy route
I honestly was just never trained on using missed, in my mind i knew they closed at 5 and i wouldn’t make it there since i had pick ups so i put it as missed. In the past it would have been emergency condition as thats what they drilled into every new drivers head. Some guys even put their clerk work as EC
They could charge you with falsification of records (dishonesty) for not making a legit attempt at the address.

Consider yourself lucky you are only facing a warning letter.

JustDeliverIt

They gave a warning letter because i sheeted a package as missed when i found it at 4:53 instead of after 5 (i didn’t know as management trained me to only use EC and i figured it was time to do things right). They then accused me of sabatoging the operation and gave me a “notice of discipline up to discharge”. As of now i have nothing in writing but got an email saying i have a warning letter. I had my shop steward every time.

Also, you are a RCPD now. Get on the 9.5 list Monday when you go in. Your steward should have it. In my building, they have a one week grace period and then file for every violation.

As every one else has said, follow all the methods. Take your full lunch and breaks and don't work through them. And after your 3rd 9.5 violation every week file. File for harassment if it happens. You have to stand up for yourself, management is not your friend no matter how much they loved you in the past.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
They are accusing me of sabotage for following what they said to do and issued me a notice of “discipline up to and including discharge.” At this meeting my manager told me I needed to go back to doing my old numbers and i asked him how I can possibly do that when he said i was working unsafe and he was disappointed in how I made deliveries. He and his supervisor called me a liability as well. He said i’m on the path to losing my job and there is a meeting with the division manager.
This is NOTHING but a scare tactic. You dont have to make their "numbers" . This notice of discipline will be laughed out of a local hearing. As has been noted file ,and keep filing. Do the job by the methods,don't be stupid,don't run, and DONT fall for thier mind games

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
This thread should be moved to the union forum and pinned. There is a lot of good, no bs, information for new members in this thread.

quad decade guy

And don't enter that office without a steward.

Understand....If you go back to running and working unsafe they can discipline you. If you decide to work safe and by the book you dont have to lie. You have the truth on your side.

If you run you are at thier mercy.
I can't disagree with anything you've said.....

But, something is missing...

You have a runner and is ultra productive(self-proclaimed).......why was he on their radar?

When I became a target(because I wouldn't run or work off the clock...), I was told by the manager (that was trying to fire me)....that drivers who perform abnormally high(best) and least best are scrutinized as policy. Ergo-there is something wrong when a driver is consistently under allowed by 2 hours....or over 2 hours. The rest of the folks generally get a pass. Unless missed etc. Exceptions get noticed. Mine was late NDA. Which led to a seatbelt violation(nothing ever came of any of it)(they gave up)(when told to put up or shut up)....

Why would they pick on an asset? All of the sudden?

Now, for all the folks that say production can't be used for discipline......by the strict letter....ok. However, as I've always said....it can and will lead to some other form. They'll find 100 other reasons(dishonesty mainly....which takes many paths).....

BTW, all this documentation by the driver could be construed as stealing time......

nWo

There's nothing extreme about a warning letter. Fyi. We've all had them. Just stop scanning packages as missed at 453. If you find a business package and if you believe the business is closed you still have to go knock on their door and attempt to deliver it. Your center manager probably got 10-15 emails about a business being scanned as missed before 5.

DVIR

I can't disagree with anything you've said.....

But, something is missing...

You have a runner and is ultra productive(self-proclaimed).......why was he on their radar?

When I became a target(because I wouldn't run or work off the clock...), I was told by the manager (that was trying to fire me)....that drivers who perform abnormally high(best) and least best are scrutinized as policy. Ergo-there is something wrong when a driver is consistently under allowed by 2 hours....or over 2 hours. The rest of the folks generally get a pass. Unless missed etc. Exceptions get noticed. Mine was late NDA. Which led to a seatbelt violation(nothing ever came of any of it)(they gave up)(when told to put up or shut up)....

Why would they pick on an asset? All of the sudden?

Now, for all the folks that say production can't be used for discipline......by the strict letter....ok. However, as I've always said....it can and will lead to some other form. They'll find 100 other reasons(dishonesty mainly....which takes many paths).....

BTW, all this documentation by the driver could be construed as stealing time......
I came on the radar because this new female supervisor just got hired 2 weeks ago and is very close with the manager. She goes through telematics and flagged me for the lunch/orion issue and it just snowballed into something huge after they observed me on road putting up their numbers. I was consistently 3+ hours underallowed but she claimed i could punch out at 5:00 instead of 6 and not need overtime. Even with a 5:30 letterbox, lol.

Est.1998

I came on the radar because this new female supervisor just got hired 2 weeks ago and is very close with the manager. She goes through telematics and flagged me for the lunch/orion issue and it just snowballed into something huge after they observed me on road putting up their numbers. I was consistently 3+ hours underallowed but she claimed i could punch out at 5:00 instead of 6 and not need overtime. Even with a 5:30 letterbox, lol.
3+ hours under allowed?!!!
With an hour lunch and still off by 6pm?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Harassment grievances. Work like a safe snail. Piss em off. They did the same to me, just your time of the year to get crapped on. They didn’t like how many backs and driveways I went up so the next day I walked off every stop including a mile long driveway. Went from walking 12 miles a day to 18. Missed stops, worked 14 hours had three drivers come help. Then they tried writing me up for “following orders with malicious intent” and tried writing me up for taking an hour lunch, tried to tell me I needed to enter into a written agreement that I was switching from a 30 to a 60 and I was being malicious but taking an hour to purposely screw up dispatch, like they were gonna lighten me up anyways. Bite the bullet and work your 14 hours for a couple weeks until they lighten you up and readjust to your new pace. Slow it down and wait them out. Make sure you don’t go back to being a runner. Grieve everything and tell them not to speak with you under any circumstances without a steward.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
3 hrs underallowed is stupid fast. And she thinks you should be 4 hrs under?! Has she ever been a driver?

Est.1998

3 hrs underallowed is stupid fast. And she thinks you should be 4 hrs under?! Has she ever been a driver?
New time studies need to be done on these routes.
My route went to being 2+ hours over allowed after covid forced me to deliver to individual apts vs dropping them off at the offices and losing a big pick up to the competition.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
New time studies need to be done on these routes.
My route went to being 2+ hours over allowed after covid forced me to deliver to individual apts vs dropping them off at the offices and losing a big pick up to the competition.
We had that happen to several routes here, and utter confusion from management as to why overallowed had blown up.

Est.1998

Yup well it's something my ORS told me personally and to a few other of his drivers. Not something that was announced to the masses in a pcm or message.
This right here is why drivers get into trouble.
I'd still avoid sheeting closed during those times until it's something that's announced to the masses (i doubt it ever will).

21Savage

This right here is why drivers get into trouble.
I'd still avoid sheeting closed during those times until it's something that's announced to the masses (i doubt it ever will).
Yeah you're probably right. I've done it a few times already and never heard anything but it didn't feel right. Feels like dishonesty.

DeCurtis

You need to reframe how you view management and yourself.

Your management team are the one's who need to be afraid. Document everything. Retain an attorney. When they come after you turn the tables on them for harassing you into unsafe practices and scorch the earth until one of them loses their job and has to go work for Walmart. They'll straighten up pretty quick.

The way to win against management is simple:

Strengthen your own position by being as honest and by the book as possible.
Weaken management's position by severely angering them and causing them to break rules by lashing out at you.
Wait to until they have sufficiently endangered their jobs and file an HR report with the help of your attorney.
Watch the heads roll and the tears stream.
Works every time with dirty management that is too stupid and arrogant to sense the danger they put their jobs in.
Let them :censored2: around and find out.