Extreme Discipline?!?!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I'm almost ready to retire. If you can't hold your ground against management without compromising your personal standards you, and others like you, are the one's who still haven't figured "it" out. Why would one sacrifice something that they like about themselves to get back at this company? How utterly stupid is that? I'll get back at management and keep my integrity in tact. If you're not capable of doing this, and feel like you have to degrade yourself like a whore to get back at management, fine, but know that there are better ways.
Absolutely not about “getting back” at management. It’s about protecting yourself, your body and your job

DeCurtis

Ok.
You’re either management or 5 foot 6.
Which is it?
5 foot 6? Is that how short you have to be to crawl to the 4900 shelf at the start of your day? Doesn't anybody ever ask why your starting the day from the middle of your truck? I could imagine some wife seeing you and telling her husband, but he doesn't believe her because he doesn't think anybody would be that dumb.

5 foot 6? Is that how short you have to be to crawl to the 4900 shelf at the start of your day? Doesn't anybody ever ask why your starting the day from the middle of your truck? I could imagine some wife seeing you and telling her husband, but he doesn't believe her because he doesn't think anybody would be that dumb.
41CF8768-194C-40DA-B939-881AF1C17F46.gif

Big Rigger

Also drive 5mph under the speed limit..not a method. Everything else you posted is correct..its called a smooth car routine.

so much for knowing the methods..
If it's raining a ten percent decrease in speed limit driving is appropriate and taught in drivers education. And if kids are present I dropped my speed to a crawl in town.

Overpaid Union Thug

I came on the radar because this new female supervisor just got hired 2 weeks ago and is very close with the manager. She goes through telematics and flagged me for the lunch/orion issue and it just snowballed into something huge after they observed me on road putting up their numbers. I was consistently 3+ hours underallowed but she claimed i could punch out at 5:00 instead of 6 and not need overtime. Even with a 5:30 letterbox, lol.
In addition to what I said earlier…..you need to have the attitude that you simply don’t care anymore. Only focus on driving to your next stop and delivering it without hitting anything or anyone and without injuring yourself. The rest is basically scripted. It goes like this…

Know your first two stops.

When you arrive at the first visually verify that the next is in the truck before delivering the current stop.

Deliver current stop.

Verify next two stops in the DIAD while walking back to the truck.

Place DIAD in cradle.

Go where it tells you.

Rinse/Repeat

Est.1998

This is why when management wants to bring up methods, i bring up why is my first stop in the middle of a bricked out truck, ground no less.
I have about 20 NDA and it wants me to deliver one ground pkg from the middle of the truck in a neighborhood I'll be in later with at least 10 more stops.

ManInBrown

This is why when management wants to bring up methods, i bring up why is my first stop in the middle of a bricked out truck, ground no less.
I have about 20 NDA and it wants me to deliver one ground pkg from the middle of the truck in a neighborhood I'll be in later with at least 10 more stops.
About a year before I left package I got a 3 day OJS ride with my center manager. Monday morning first stop 7000s nowhere near my airs. Not on the way out to area. No rhyme or reason. So we head out and he’s questioning why I’m going the way I was. Because I’m following Orion. Says nope we’re not doing that. So I ask why it comes up with the most random no sense stops to be done first. He says because Orion sees every single package as an envelope. Boxes and package sizes couldn’t be equated into the system when it was originated. It doesn’t take into account that it might be buried somewhere. Doesn’t have the ability to.

About a year before I left package I got a 3 day OJS ride with my center manager. Monday morning first stop 7000s nowhere near my airs. Not on the way out to area. No rhyme or reason. So we head out and he’s questioning why I’m going the way I was. Because I’m following Orion. Says nope we’re not doing that. So I ask why it comes up with the most random no sense stops to be done first. He says because Orion sees every single package as an envelope. Boxes and package sizes couldn’t be equated into the system when it was originated. It doesn’t take into account that it might be buried somewhere. Doesn’t have the ability to.
I wonder why nobody in management fights against Orion? Like, straight up, don’t be scared; tell those guys in Atlanta THIS DOESNT WORK AND YOU HAVE MADE THE COMPANY WORSE
If they do fight against it, why tf doesn’t Atlanta listen?
@Dragon it’s an honest question

DVIR

In addition to what I said earlier…..you need to have the attitude that you simply don’t care anymore. Only focus on driving to your next stop and delivering it without hitting anything or anyone and without injuring yourself. The rest is basically scripted. It goes like this…

Know your first two stops.

When you arrive at the first visually verify that the next is in the truck before delivering the current stop.

Deliver current stop.

Verify next two stops in the DIAD while walking back to the truck.

Place DIAD in cradle.

Go where it tells you.

Rinse/Repeat
I appreciate your extremely valuable information. I will begin filing grievances tomorrow and just work safe and not care about speed whatsoever. It’s just a shame that i tried to work hard for them and they got upset over that. Oh well their loss and my gain. Once again thank you for all the info, I will for sure use it tomorrow.

ManInBrown

I wonder why nobody in management fights against Orion? Like, straight up, don’t be scared; tell those guys in Atlanta THIS DOESNT WORK AND YOU HAVE MADE THE COMPANY WORSE
Because center manager’s are nobody’s. They’re glorified PT sups.

DeCurtis

ORION is in complete contradiction to so many of our methods it's insane UPS ever fell for this crap.
Remember, no reaching or awkward movements, and stay within your power-zone.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Because when everything is set up properly, it does work

ORION isn't a AI, it's just a calculator; if you put the right numbers in you get the right result

How do you blame corp for your own calculations being jacked up?

DeCurtis

ORION isn't a AI, it's just a calculator; if you put the right numbers in you get the right result

Grab a package from the 4900 spot of a bricked out truck. ORION calculates everything whereas a human knows what to calculate and what to disregard.

Blame? I don’t know, nor care who’s to blame; the object is to have functioning dispatch technology, preferably BETTER THAN or EQUAL TO RDO. You would think that corporate has a vested interest in that, considering the amount of money that was spent on the tech.
If it works so great, then why is it universally panned by everybody in brown? Except for you.
It’s obviously not realistic to expect dispatchers to “put the right numbers in,” without some further training

iowa boy

Then why doesn't the company want it to work properly? If the company wanted it to work properly, they would invest the time and effort to fix the inherent problems with the program. From a dumb truck driver's perspective, UPS isn't interested in fixing the problems, its seems easier to blame the drivers for a jacked up company program that UPS has invested all this technology in. I just don't get it...