Extreme Discipline?!?!

35years

Gravy route
I guess my question is am I doing anything wrong to lose my job? I love this job but management has forced me into a spot where i have to work completely unsafe according to their standards or miss pieces.
Make sure you inform them via the diad that you will have missed stops ahead of time so they can send help.

Take your breaks before your pickups, and only deliver business (not resi) if you will have any problem getting them all off before 5 p.m.

There are routes that have too much business. If you only deliver business and take ALL your break and do your pickups before 5 and still have business to deliver at 5....missed stops are their problem as long as you notify them asap.

35years

Gravy route
Yup well it's something my ORS told me personally and to a few other of his drivers. Not something that was announced to the masses in a pcm or message.
If you do this they have you by the short hairs anytime they feel like pulling. It makes them more money and gives them leverage over you. It also alows them to load you with more stops. Never violate methods unless they order you to, and document it via diad texts.

quad decade guy

You need to reframe how you view management and yourself.

Your management team are the one's who need to be afraid. Document everything. Retain an attorney. When they come after you turn the tables on them for harassing you into unsafe practices and scorch the earth until one of them loses their job and has to go work for Walmart. They'll straighten up pretty quick.

The way to win against management is simple:

Strengthen your own position by being as honest and by the book as possible.
Weaken management's position by severely angering them and causing them to break rules by lashing out at you.
Wait to until they have sufficiently endangered their jobs and file an HR report with the help of your attorney.
Watch the heads roll and the tears stream.
Works every time with dirty management that is too stupid and arrogant to sense the danger they put their jobs in.
Let them * around and find out.
Really?

What is all this about attorneys and all that?

How did this person get to this place? And then what? And 3 hours under? Really? And they are trying to fire him and looking for more?

None of this makes any sense.

And you think after all this lawyering.....lawsuits and all....it'll all be ok?

Is this part of the Roswell Ga thing?

And the ORS "looking" for telematics and all.....no, it's all listed on a report for deviances in procedures......add the the 3 hours under and the proverbial standing out like a sore thumb makes sense. Reckless behavior will eventually lead to catastrophic consequences..

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Ah classic UPS

Have a driver that's doing okay?
HARASS HIM TO BE UNPRODUCTIVE

It's really not even that :censored2:ing hard, all you have to do is focus on the 5%, maybe 10% in the ghetto, of lazy dip:censored2:s that hold down a center and cut everyone else a pass unless it's something serious

DeCurtis

Really?

How did this person get to this place? And then what? And 3 hours under? Really? And they are trying to fire him and looking for more?

And the ORS "looking" for telematics and all.....no, it's all listed on a report for deviances in procedures......add the the 3 hours under and the proverbial standing out like a sore thumb makes sense. Reckless behavior will eventually lead to catastrophic consequences..
Piss off. The person probably got into "this place" the same way every other new person does, by trying to do their best to make their bosses happy. This company takes all the best aspirations of their new people and uses that to crush them.
Yes, getting help from an attorney in filling an HR report works wonders.
If you come after somebody's job don't be surprised if they come back for yours --better hope you're on solid ground.

MassWineGuy

Don’t know if this could happen. But if you get a message on the Diad specifically telling you to do something unsafe or against a clear rule or procedure, get a photo of it on your phone.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Really?

K boomer

MassWineGuy

At FedEx Express if a manager gives me grief about SPH or says to speed up, I would reply if they want me to drive faster than the speed limit then put it in writing. Thankfully, I’ve mostly had decent managers. But I think there was one who was less than decent. Her mouth closed tight when I asked for a written order.

It’s more common to be told not to worry if I don’t take a break. If it’s in their interest management allows it. But heaven help you if you decide to skip break.

Shift 2

Hey guys i’m sorry if this is a lot.

i’m having one heck of a weird situation at my building. I almost have 3 years seniority and was promoted from 22.4 to rpcd with my own route in a little over a year. I have to admit i was a guy who worked way to hard and took every shortcut to get the job done. Regular high fives and fist pounds from management for crushing my route and being out by 6 no matter how many stops or pickup pieces I had.

A new supervisor brought me into the office with my shop steward and manager over the issue of skipping lunch, not following orion and stealing time. I said i don’t steal time and I was probably sorting or loading pickups during those disputed times.

After this meeting they followed me on road and took pictures. I was accused of being a liability, working unsafe and going up dangerous driveways. I responded by requesting an ojs to determine what is safe to do, walking off every driveway, going at a safe pace and taking my full hour lunch. No supervisor was available but This resulted in massive service failures(40+missed pieces with them taking 40 stops off) which I called into the building asking for help.

They are accusing me of sabotage for following what they said to do and issued me a notice of “discipline up to and including discharge.” At this meeting my manager told me I needed to go back to doing my old numbers and i asked him how I can possibly do that when he said i was working unsafe and he was disappointed in how I made deliveries. He and his supervisor called me a liability as well. He said i’m on the path to losing my job and there is a meeting with the division manager.

After this meeting i reported to my completely blown out truck that my shop steward called completely unsafe and he took pictures. One cover driver took what couldn’t be jammed in and i left 1.5 hours late. After finding 11 stops i punched into lunch and sent a message saying “ truck is a disaster bussiness stops are at risk I need help”. Two more cover drivers came, picked up stops and had their trucks filled by my pickups.

I guess my question is am I doing anything wrong to lose my job? I love this job but management has forced me into a spot where i have to work completely unsafe according to their standards or miss pieces. They gave me a notice of discharge for doing what they asked me to do.

-follow orion
-don’t back driveways
-deliver safely
-don’t run
-take lunch
Ask someone how to properly perform the methods and do it every time you deliver at the slowest pace possible. When you pull up to stop hit the horn, flashes, e brake, pull mirror and use 3 points of contact when exiting the vehicle. Always walk around the back of the vehicle when delivering and park on the right side of street at all times. Also push your selection area up if you have 3ft of space any where on the shelf. If you can do that and also knock on customers door and use rain bags when there’s bad weather you’ll never get fired. Also drive 5mph under the speed limit and follow 100 percent Orion no matter how much longer it takes you to do the route.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Ask someone how to properly perform the methods and do it every time you deliver at the slowest pace possible. When you pull up to stop hit the horn, flashes, e brake, pull mirror and use 3 points of contact when exiting the vehicle. Always walk around the back of the vehicle when delivering and park on the right side of street at all times. Also push your selection area up if you have 3ft of space any where on the shelf. If you can do that and also knock on customers door and use rain bags when there’s bad weather you’ll never get fired. Also drive 5mph under the speed limit and follow 100 percent Orion no matter how much longer it takes you to do the route.

Also drive 5mph under the speed limit..not a method. Everything else you posted is correct..its called a smooth car routine.

so much for knowing the methods..

Est.1998

Also drive 5mph under the speed limit..not a method. Everything else you posted is correct..its called a smooth car routine.

Quick question.
Do you provide any of your new drivers a list of the 340 methods to study or possibly reference?

DeCurtis

Gonna be a kissass here and agree. Aside from going slow and following ORION %100 that should be everybody's routine. It's possible to bonus this way, especially if you're pushing up all your pieces up into the batter's box and sorting as you select.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
My customers would think I've been drinking. Besides, it's impossible for me to drive past a stop without delivering it.
Just saying....when all else fails, file grievances and follow Orion. Make more money. Worry less about how efficient you are at driving around and dropping some boxes off.

DeCurtis

Just saying....when all else fails, file grievances and follow Orion. Make more money. Worry less about how efficient you are at driving around and dropping some boxes off.
For me it's a matter of taking pride in my work. When management is coming at me, lowering my personal standards isn't how I hit back. YMMV.

For me it's a matter of taking pride in my work. When management is coming at me, lowering my personal standards isn't how I hit back. YMMV.
You’re so cute. We were all just like you. Except for @MECH-lift

Personal standards? Your personal standard at UPS, should be to put in an honest days work, clock out and go home.
You are not a guidance counselor. Or a teacher. Or a Priest.
There are NO production standards in the contract, and for some damn good reasons. I guess you’ll just have to figure it all out for yourself, many of us do.

Roller252

Aside from going slow and following ORION %100 that should be everybody's routine. It's possible to bonus this way, especially if you're pushing up all your pieces up into the batter's box and sorting as you select.
These two things do not go together.
and WTF is a batter's box? I now what a 30" selection area used to be but ORION blew that straight outta here

These two things do not go together.
and WTF is a batter's box? I now what a 30" selection area used to be but ORION blew that straight outta here
Funny you say that, I was literally just telling my on car:

“the days where Orion doesn’t have me do the 1000 shelf first take longer, cause I don’t have room to stage my next few stops”

DeCurtis

You’re so cute. We were all just like you. Except for @MECH-lift

Personal standards? Your personal standard at UPS, should be to put in an honest days work, clock out and go home.
You are not a guidance counselor. Or a teacher. Or a Priest.
There are NO production standards in the contract, and for some damn good reasons. I guess you’ll just have to figure it all out for yourself, many of us do.
I'm almost ready to retire. If you can't hold your ground against management without compromising your personal standards you, and others like you, are the one's who still haven't figured "it" out. Why would one sacrifice something that they like about themselves to get back at this company? How utterly stupid is that? I'll get back at management and keep my integrity in tact. If you're not capable of doing this, and feel like you have to degrade yourself like a whore to get back at management, fine, but know that there are better ways.