Extremely light volume. Anyone concerned?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On those rare occasions when I do have a misload on my car I will send it in through the misload screen. Most of the time they will either ask me to sheet it as "missed" or will ask me to leave it on area so that they can try to make service on it. Every once in a while they will ask me to sheet it using another exception code, such as NSS or NSN. I politely reply that I do not feel comfortable doing that and that if they want it done that way I will bring it back and they can sheet it themselves. The next message is usually to sheet it as "missed".
So if you aren't comfortable sheeting it NSS or NSN, how would it be OK to sheet it with a bogus EC?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So if you aren't comfortable sheeting it NSS or NSN, how would it be OK to sheet it with a bogus EC?

NSS or NSN is a blatant lie, especially considering that I used to have a route in the area that I get most of my misloads.

I would have an issue with EC if the skies were clear and the roads were bare.

I wouldn't have an issue if weather were an issue.

soberups

NSS or NSN is a blatant lie, especially considering that I used to have a route in the area that I get most of my misloads.

I would have an issue with EC if the skies were clear and the roads were bare.

I wouldn't have an issue if weather were an issue.
Then we agree.
Reread Tooner's post. They are carpet bombing her route with an impossible workload and then directing her to record the missed stops as EC in order to hide them.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
On those rare occasions when I do have a misload on my car I will send it in through the misload screen. Most of the time they will either ask me to sheet it as "missed" or will ask me to leave it on area so that they can try to make service on it. Every once in a while they will ask me to sheet it using another exception code, such as NSS or NSN. I politely reply that I do not feel comfortable doing that and that if they want it done that way I will bring it back and they can sheet it themselves. The next message is usually to sheet it as "missed".
I have gotten messages telling me to sheet misloads as closed I send back message stating that is dishonesty and I will do no such thing. They then tell me to sheet as missed before 5. I feel bad for the new guys who don't know better and follow the no name probably deleted after sent ODS messages.

soberups

Shoot, I used to tell them which would be EC'd before I left the building. Then, I took them for a ride.
I have 22 years of area knowledge on my rural route. I know which roads and driveways are possible and which ones aren't. I also know which customers have family members or friends who will accept their packages for them. The person best qualified to decide whether a package should be EC or not is me.

herbigharo32

Very light at DFW Airport. Only getting about 35,000 pieces on sunrise for entire building. Shifts only running 1.5 hours. Very concerned because orders came down that we need to be available until 9:30 AM meaning hours had to be cut from my other job to fix. Really have to pull minimum numbers from UPS now. I could bump one of the newer people off another belt but saving that as measure of absolute last resort because it is a practice I've always avoided.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Almost no volume at my center this past week, we're chalking it up to the storm in the NE. Next week will tell us more.

And yet we are getting another storm tonight into tomorrow. So this week may just be the same. But, Ups will not be closed. Notice the idiot politicians are really quiet now.

Future

Victory Ride
I have gotten messages telling me to sheet misloads as closed I send back message stating that is dishonesty and I will do no such thing. They then tell me to sheet as missed before 5. I feel bad for the new guys who don't know better and follow the no name probably deleted after sent ODS messages.
I have a post office delivery on my route.....has about 15 bags of smalls and 100 or so larger pieces.....what happens is (whoever) makes up to many bags(for the smalls) with a tracking number(HIN HIN Number) those bags are not used at all or on my truck....but still show up in EDD.....I am told on a daily basis to show them as delivered even though they really dont exist!

oldngray

nowhere special
I have a post office delivery on my route.....has about 15 bags of smalls and 100 or so larger pieces.....what happens is (whoever) makes up to many bags(for the smalls) with a tracking number(HIN HIN Number) those bags are not used at all or on my truck....but still show up in EDD.....I am told on a daily basis to show them as delivered even though they really dont exist!

UPS is also bad about leaving old labels on those bags.

box_beeyotch

They do the same thing here. I'll always get the message halfway through the day to sheet such and such bag # as delivered.

sportsjock

Doing the same here on the West Coast. If we report a misload they will ask us to attempt it after finishing your route. If you sheet a package as missed they want you to falsify documents. They collapsed routes all week in my center and RTO'ed (laid off) 5-6 drivers a day. I was suppose to have Friday off, but one young driver had a panic attack because they added 20 stops of the projects on his route, that are his stops. So they asked me to take those stops delivery them and go home. Not!! Soon as I finished the center manager called me and asked could I go take a few from my buddy in my loop and go home. So I called my buddy and told him I was coming to meet him to take a few stops. So since they had all ready messed up my RTO. l told my buddy give me 50 stops. Then I called my on road and told him they were going to code my pay as regular and not code 5 since I've work all day and that RTO is null and void. Ended up helping out three drivers. The union came in on Friday and spoke to us about possible lay offs coming down the pipe.

Realistically I don't see that happening in our center too much work being piled on cars. 9.5ers going over everyday. It's a mess right now in our center. Packages are bouncing from truck to truck, no scans/pending packages are through the roof.

watdaflock?

Kinda funny a driver at our hub was approved for a 8 hour day and then he has darn near 400 pieces on his pc.

I asked how his "8 hour day" was, he replied close-to 10 hours.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That is dishonesty. Do not do that. You can be fired for that. You can not be fired for refusing to do something dishonest or unsafe. Call the 1 800 # next time this occurs

O

OLDMAN3

Sometimes the Smartpost bags are emptied and packages are delivered to individual adds. If all the packages are scanned upon delivery, the Smartpost bag HIN will not show up as an exception if it is not scanned. In this instance it would not be dishonest to sheet the bag as not found. Using E/C for missing Smartpost bags would be dishonest especially if the driver did not have knowledge of the packages being parted out for individual delivery. Future... if they are telling you to sheet as delivered immediately have a meeting with a steward and the center manager to document the center manager's "request".