Face Book's Hate Agents List

BrownArmy

I’m just highlighting defamation is a thing and a slippery slope that leads to lawsuits. That’s it.

I don’t care about facebook. I don’t think it should be regulated at all; only monitored. It’s the Europeans who have a hard on about regulating speech.

There’s simply not a defamation situation here.

Facefk is defaming someone?

Who?

Is YouTube ‘defaming’ me if I post a CD quality copy of Led Zeppelin II, after being warned previously, and my account gets deleted?

What is it that you think is wrong here, and what do you think a remedy would look like?

El Correcto

god is dead
There’s simply not a defamation situation here.

Facefk is defaming someone?

Who?

Is YouTube ‘defaming’ me if I post a CD quality copy of Led Zeppelin II, after being warned previously, and my account gets deleted?

What is it that you think is wrong here, and what do you think a remedy would look like?
Im just saying people who get in the business of labeling people racist and monitoring hate speech tend to get sued. How long do you think it’ll be till they cross that line? When someone catches a ban for something that isn’t hate speech or racist just something Facebook doesn’t agree with. When there is money involved they can also declare financial damages.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m just speculating based on the SPLC being sued. I mean how long until trump catches a ban for the media clips of his “good people on both sides” or whatever it was they spun him into being a hate monger.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Im just saying people who get in the business of labeling people racist and monitoring hate speech tend to get sued. How long do you think it’ll be till they cross that line? When someone catches a ban for something that isn’t hate speech or racist just something Facebook doesn’t agree with. When there is money involved they can also declare financial damages.
So you think people should be able to sue browncafe for deleting their posts....

It will be fine

I’m just speculating based on the SPLC being sued. I mean how long until trump catches a ban for the media clips of his “good people on both sides” or whatever it was they spun him into being a hate monger.
That’s one of the hardest problems for the tech companies, too much overlap of language used by Neo Nazis and elected Republicans.

El Correcto

god is dead
That’s one of the hardest problems for the tech companies, too much overlap of language used by Neo Nazis and elected Republicans.
We’ve all seen the full context of that. We know what the man meant. Just because you don’t like him you are willing to slander him as a neo-nazi which is fine, your opinion.
Im just highlighting how dishonest these racist arguments.

They should ban people and keep their mouth shut about why. You don’t want to get in the business of determining what’s racist when you are politically motivated or you’ll end up lik th SPLC

newfie

We’ve all seen the full context of that. We know what the man meant. Just because you don’t like him you are willing to slander him as a neo-nazi which is fine, your opinion.
Im just highlighting how dishonest these racist arguments.

They should ban people and keep their mouth shut about why. You don’t want to get in the business of determining what’s racist when you are politically motivated or you’ll end up lik th SPLC

if I don't like the content produced by an individual on facebook I can block that person or choose to almost never see his /her posts. That is all the censorship I need.

I don't need some bomb shelter snowflake deciding what might offend me. there are no conservative censors on facebook protecting us from liberal hate mongers.

Serf

I had Facebook in College when only users with university emails could have accounts. The idea of having an account now to see what My Aunt is having for dinner. Or that so & so who I haven't seen or spoken to in 15 years is engaged seems silly.
Yet, despite all privacy violations & data harvesting. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

El Correcto

god is dead
if I don't like the content produced by an individual on facebook I can block that person or choose to almost never see his /her posts. That is all the censorship I need.

I don't need some bomb shelter snowflake deciding what might offend me. there are no conservative censors on facebook protecting us from liberal hate mongers.
I agree with that, but I also agree with a companies right to tell someone to :censored2: off. Including title 2 of the civil rights act of 1964 as unconstitutional and a gross expansion of the commerce clause.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I live in a liberal town , in a very liberal state.
Which lying warren never visits but carries the town every time.