Failed breathalyzer

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
All they need to do is to be out of QAP compliance by the defined terms and the testing is thrown out.
I'm sure the company would never falsify the documents.

If I was him I'd dig into it. It may be his only chance.

I can't disagree with your line of thinking, but I don't know of any UPS facility's

that own and maintain their own machines. Because it happens so infrequently

they just take them to a hospital or urgent care type facility.

.34 is complete falling over piss your pants drunk. I doubt you were that :censored2: faced.

True alcoholics build up a tolerance.

Just like this guy:

UPS driver charged with DUI after blowing .316 while making deliveries

.316 is almost 4x the legal limit, and this guy was working. The average person would

(probably) be to the point of alcohol poisoning.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Had a pkg driver in one of our centers who would go out partying and come straight in to the bldg. about 3 am. He would go up to the dressing room and sleep it off on the bench, how he never fell off the bench beats me. When the other drivers started coming in, they would wake him up. He never was busted for alcohol. I was the center clerk so seen it happen several times.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Had a pkg driver in one of our centers who would go out partying and come straight in to the bldg. about 3 am. He would go up to the dressing room and sleep it off on the bench, how he never fell off the bench beats me. When the other drivers started coming in, they would wake him up. He never was busted for alcohol. I was the center clerk so seen it happen several times.

Preloaders did the same thing

Only they didn’t sleep it off

Walked in and started chucking boxes

DRporch

I will respond one last time for you. I used mouthwash right before I walked in expecting a urine test. Why would I walk in thanking I am going to take a urine test and expect to pass if I don’t think I will pass a breathalyzer? The reason I use the mouthwash is because my doctor put me on a new medicine that causes dry mouth. If you have to know that medicine is called Concerta.
who uses mouthwash for dry mouth

F

Frankie's Friend

I can't disagree with your line of thinking, but I don't know of any UPS facility's

that own and maintain their own machines. Because it happens so infrequently

they just take them to a hospital or urgent care type facility.
A good attorney knows how to dig into the key elements of a case to discredit or suppress info.
He should talk to one. It's worth the $250 appointment.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A good attorney knows how to dig into the key elements of a case to discredit or suppress info.
He should talk to one. It's worth the $250 appointment.

I'll save him some money.

The case has to be adjudicated through the grievance procedure first.

Then.... and only then.... should he contact an attorney.

F

Frankie's Friend

I'll save him some money.

The case has to be adjudicated through the grievance procedure first.

Then.... and only then.... should he contact an attorney.
Depends on if you trust your local representation.
I'd have all my bases covered personally.
For those who trust their representation I would think differently.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

I slept in the parking lot of Minneapolis Hub so many times it wasn't funny the 1st 10 years of my career.
There was a bar down the road....go there after work for drinks and dinner. Shut the bar down and then drive back to UPS to sleep in the parking lot.
We partied hard back then.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Depends on if you trust your local representation.
I'd have all my bases covered personally.
For those who trust their representation I would think differently.

It doesn't depend on his representation. The courts have ruled that anyone with a contract has to exhaust the grievance procedure before they go to court. If he chooses to terminate any part of the grievance procedure, he will lose in court because he didn't follow through with it first. Courts will throw it out.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Did u have them test the machine before ur test to make sure it was registered at triple 0.

Good question.
The readout on the test result strip usually has the time the machine was zeroed on it. The second test is usually done at about 1/2 hour to verify the original result.

trickpony1

It doesn't depend on his representation. The courts have ruled that anyone with a contract has to exhaust the grievance procedure before they go to court. If he chooses to terminate any part of the grievance procedure, he will lose in court because he didn't follow through with it first. Courts will throw it out.

...and this, boys and girls, is why UPS is, and always will be, a union shop.