Sap program question

reginald95

Let this be your wake up call and can start a clean new life. Alcohol/substance is a lifelong affliction that needs to be dealt with your whole life.

This time it may have cost you your job, be glad that’s all it is. Make a real effort and deal with your issues.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I sure got burnt brother! Just one of those he said she said things I feel and when it’s me vs one of the biggest companies in the world I suppose it’s all hearsay. Kind of like my accusation. 🙁

Brah you’ve obviously got a drinking problem it’s best for everybody you aren’t operating a commercial vehicle

Let this be your wake up call and can start a clean new life. Alcohol/substance is a lifelong affliction that needs to be dealt with your whole life.

This time it may have cost you your job, be glad that’s all it is. Make a real effort and deal with your issues.
Respect that! Really do! Thank you!

pkgdriver

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
2512A5B8-EE58-4CCC-92A8-6C3E552781CD.gif
E2C14BE8-75F1-42E2-834A-7E01DC039431.gif

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
So this morning I was pulled into the office and told I had violated the terms of my SAP program and will likely be terminated. (Still waiting for official word) I have been in the random testing since February and since I entered the program have had no incidents and only clean tests. This weekend I drank on Sunday (off the clock obviously) I am also Tuesday through Saturday so wasn’t going to be working until Tuesday knowing drinking on Sunday would not show up on a test if I were to have a random. I made a few phone calls to coworkers who could tell I was drinking and were concerned for me therefore reported it to the center manager. Can they really fire me for drinking well off the clock and it having nothing to do with anything at work whatsoever? Thanks for your input in advance. I also realize I am in the program for a reason and shouldn’t be drinking in the first place however slip ups happen and I ask that you don’t give rude comments please.
I should also state I have contacted my union leadership and they feel it is not probable cause.
All SAP programs that I know about have a "zero tolerance for alcohol and drugs". In other words, you agree not to use any of those during the term of your program. If you have anything in your system while being tested, it is a failure and you are terminated. I have never heard of anyone getting their job back at that point.
Having said that, they would need a positive test or admission of drinking to terminate. IMHO. Did you tell them you had been drinking to anyone you contacted? That would still be a third party unless it is a boss.
You seem to be looking for a way out instead of acknowledging a problem. "Slip ups" do not happen to persons in a program without consequence. If your co workers were worried about your behavior on a phone call, there is probably a bigger issue. I am not being rude but it sounds like you need a more intense program.

Trucker Clock

Did you tell them you had been drinking to anyone you contacted?

He said he told his center manager that he had been drinking.

Now he is saying that he never told his center manager what he was drinking, so he should not be terminated.

It’s pretty obvious he admitted to his center manager that he was drinking alcohol.

To the OP. Get the help you need and good luck to you. My father was an alcoholic and it ended up killing him.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver

Now he is saying that he never told his center manager what he was drinking, so he should not be terminated.

It’s pretty obvious he admitted to his center manager that he was drinking alcohol.

To the OP. Get the help you need and good luck to you. My father was an alcoholic and it ended up killing him.
I didn't read the admission before replying.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

He was being a smart-ass on a last-chance program

Trucker Clock

He was being a smart-ass on a last-chance program

He wasn’t being a smart-ass. He was being honest.

Yes I did admit to drinking as I have learned in the past when dealing with union/grievance issues that lying will likely lead to more trouble. It was actually kind of messed up as I basically was told by my center manager that I could resign and have a chance at returning to ups in the future starting all over or just be fired and never have a shot at coming back.