Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest. I just wanted to let you know that there will be some service disruptions here over the next few days. We're moving to a new server and then the latest version of xenforo is going to be installed. ~ cheryl

Failed breathalyzer

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by riley45, Jan 7, 2019.

1. 16StbF7VCSw6Y.gif

2. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Marshall

Mr. Marshall Member

Ha. I've always said that if I ever had to go to treatment it would start the day after Thanksgiving.

4. Mr. Marshall

Mr. Marshall Member

So later in the evening I tried again and waited about 20 minutes and blew a .02 so the story is feasible but the fact that he didn't start screaming about the mouthwash immediately before the test or at the very least immediately after the test raises all the white flags in the world. I would have said I just swished some mouthwash so we can we wait 30 minutes. If you showed them the wash I can't imagine there would have been a problem.

5. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

I don't think the OP has responded to my question of, "...why didn't you immediately demand to be taken to the hospital and have blood drawn for testing?".

...unless, of course, there is more to the story.

6. pickup

pickup Most corrupt moderation, EVER!

The fact is that this guy was already at the ledge. He should have educated himself about any substances that could give a false positive.

I knew this about mouthwash a long time ago and I also know that they make alcohol free mouthwashes.

Hell, I even stay away from bagels with poppy seeds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. cachmeifucan

cachmeifucan Well-Known Member

Yeah I saw something a while back about the breathalyzer not being calibrated correctly if he was that messed up I highly doubt you would of went to work. At least I hope not.

8. rickyb

rickyb Well-Known Member

hey i got a better job for you than UPS but its in canada.

9. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You gonna share the basement with him?

He can be your little “comrade”

Lmao

10. rickyb

rickyb Well-Known Member

free healthcare?

NEH...

NEH....

NEHHEHEHEHEHEH!!!

11. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

12. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

13. von kaiser

von kaiser Knock, drop, and roll

Are you sure it didn’t read .034?...sounds a lot more likely given it was several minutes after blowing a .04

14. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Unless, I'm reading the OP's post wrong....

He failed a test during a "return to work" agreement.

15. BrownRecycler

BrownRecycler Member

16. Do those machines need to be calibrated or documented for accuracy periodically? Maybe you have a law enforcement friend that could give you the low down about the machines, their fail rate, and calibration accuracy.
    Sorry if I got to the thread late. I just saw it.

17. Kanovic

Kanovic My job is fun

I didn’t read all the way back but was it explained why you swished mouth wash? Did your breath smell on alcohol?

18. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

The chance the machine was at fault, are doubtful.

"Each Employer or its agent is required to maintain the following records for two (2) years:

1. Records of the inspection and maintenance of each EBT used in employee testing;

2. Documentation of the Employer‘s compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan (QAP)

for each EBT it uses for alcohol testing;

3. Records of the training and proficiency testing of each BAT used in employee testing;

and

4. Any required log books.

The Employer or its agent must maintain for two (2) years records pertaining to the calibration of each EBT used in alcohol testing, including records of the results of external calibration checks."

19. All they need to do is to be out of QAP compliance by the defined terms and the testing is thrown out.
    I'm sure the company would never falsify the documents.

If I was him I'd dig into it. It may be his only chance.

20. Zowert

Zowert Active Member

.34 is complete falling over piss your pants drunk. I doubt you were that :censored2: faced.