LarryBird

Your response consists of a straw man fallacy and insults. And I can't take anything seriously from a person who lives vicariously through something as vapid, trivial, and devoid of real accomplishment as some slack-jawed sports hero.
I didn’t realize a message board handle meant all that much.

Duly noted.

rickyb

Oh. You're one of those guys.

You should get with a poster who goes by @rickyb, you'll get along famously with him. You two can both shine each other's tin foil hats and brush up on old conspiracies, and no doubt with the amazing level of your combined brainpower and mistrust of all things, you'll definitely come up with some fantastic new ones to pollute the world with.

I'm all for conspiracy theories, at least the ones that are plausible, and have some potential merit to them. I find them extremely entertaining, and truly believe some. But to mistrust every institution in the world, or think the actions of a few bad apples are indicative of the whole, is seriously flawed and kind of weird, and a sort of mental illness.

Seek out the correct information and ignore the fake :censored2: and propaganda. Don't let the propaganda corrupt your trust and ruin your search for knowledge. If you can't trust anything you read or anything you watch, it's gonna be a hard road to learn much of anything - we can't witness everything firsthand, and we can't test out every single hypothesis that's presented by someone, or be everywhere. Sometimes you've got to take someone else's word for it, on a whole host of things, brah.

Just make sure their intentions aren't nefarious, and then learn from them, and broaden your own knowledge base. Question the knowledge, sure. But don't mistrust every single thing we've actually come to know - that only :censored2:ing stops progress and literally takes you/us backwards in most instances.

Sure, science and data ARE able to be corrupted, for a little while, that is. Then others test the science or the data, and it is either confirmed or debunked, and we move on to solving the next problem or fixing the corrupted science. Do you even know how science works?
you talk too much

LarryBird

you talk too much
Actually I type too much, but I'm not gonna deny you're bigger point by getting into semantics.

I've never been very good at keeping my posts brief, outside of a one-liner here and there, or a simple :censored2: off when it's called for.

But I've also never really had a problem with self-awareness either.

rickyb

Actually I type too much, but I'm not gonna deny you're bigger point by getting into semantics.

I've never been very good at keeping my posts brief, outside of a one-liner here and there, or a simple :censored2: off when it's called for.

But I've also never really had a problem with self-awareness either.
im all in favor of increasing attentions spans, but sometimes im not gonna read long stuff.///

btw what issues do the left and right agree on in america?

are we experiencing divide and conquer by the ruling class?

what policies do republican and democrat politicians support which their constituents do not?

LarryBird

I see that I made a spelling error in my post that replied to @rickyb.

*you're = your

Auto-correct I'm sure, but it still chaps my :censored2: ass either way - I'm anal about spelling mistakes. Always have been since the days of my youth. As a former Scripps Howard spelling bee winner, this is extremely embarrassing.

LarryBird

im all in favor of increasing attentions spans, but sometimes im not gonna read long stuff.///

btw what issues do the left and right agree on in america?

are we experiencing divide and conquer by the ruling class?

what policies do republican and democrat politicians support which their constituents do not?
Lemme know which days you're not up to reading long posts, please. I'll try to keep them shorter...

Because everything I post is for, or with, you in mind. If there's even a remote chance you won't read it, then I don't even wanna bother, my dude.

BrownArmy

Lemme know which days you're not up to reading long posts, please. I'll try to keep them shorter...

Because everything I post is for, or with, you in mind. If there's even a remote chance you won't read it, then I don't even wanna bother, my dude.

What’s amusing to me is that you both are 60-65% simpatico.

Maybe you both just had a bad start.

rickyb

thats one answer.

LarryBird

What’s amusing to me is that you both are 60-65% simpatico.

Maybe you both just had a bad start.
No, he annoyed the :censored2: out of me in the 9/11 thread I made on Memorial Day when he wouldn't stop posting conspiracy theories and anti-gov't rhetoric in it, despite being asked repeatedly by multiple people to knock it off.

I actually agree with him on quite a few things, including some of his conspiracies.

I do think he's a basic bitch, but still. He's aight otherwise.

LarryBird

I don't find this thread fascinating at all.
You should probably talk about how you're retired and we're not. That seems to be of great enjoyment to you. So maybe that's the missing ingredient to boost this thread up a few notches in your book.

rod

Retired 22 years
You should probably talk about how you're retired and we're not. That seems to be of great enjoyment to you. So maybe that's the missing ingredient to boost this thread up a few notches in your book.
Have I told you lately how tough we had it?