Favoritism amongst workers

PTPunchingBag

Hey everyone, I’m a preloader and recently I’ve noticed in my building, the loaders are told to go through their trucks during downtime and to check boxes and tracking (which I don’t have a problem doing) while the unloaders are permitted to stand around and wait for work. Also, my building is very segregated up until peak, where most of the black workers are put in the unload and everyone else is made to load trucks. It’s so blatant that even new hires are calling it out. Is there anything in the contact about favoritism? Thanks

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Hey everyone, I’m a preloader and recently I’ve noticed in my building, the loaders are told to go through their trucks during downtime and to check boxes and tracking (which I don’t have a problem doing) while the unloaders are permitted to stand around and wait for work. Also, my building is very segregated up until peak, where most of the black workers are put in the unload and everyone else is made to load trucks. It’s so blatant that even new hires are calling it out. Is there anything in the contact about favoritism? Thanks
File on seniority violations?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I much preferred to be in unload than loading. Wouldn’t be complaining about that. Ridiculous statement about it being segregation. Either job you’re in a trailer moving boxes. I wouldn’t consider it sexist either that the overwhelming majority of people in small sort are women or the overwhelming majority of drivers are men.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
MYOB.
WAD.

That is all.

Yolo

We have 1 belt that's all black loaders. The rest of the belts mostly white with a few Asians and Mexicans mixed in.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Hey everyone, I’m a preloader and recently I’ve noticed in my building, the loaders are told to go through their trucks during downtime and to check boxes and tracking (which I don’t have a problem doing)
You obviously have a problem doing it or you wouldn’t have mentioned it.

It’s so blatant that even new hires are calling it out.

Of course the new hires are calling it out. Everything now, whether racist or not, is now racist.