Refusing directive consequences

PTPunchingBag

Hey everyone, I’ve been with the company for about 6 years and have been on my set for the past 3. I’m a Tuesday - Saturday Preloader, I have good relationships with all my drivers, but recently I’ve been put on a different set on Saturdays. I understand working as directed, but I’m planning on telling them I can either load my set or I’m going home because every Tuesday I get asked questions from my drivers about this kid’s horrific load quality. I’m just trying to get an idea of the possible consequences. I’m going to talk to a FT supe beforehand because in my building the PT supes handle the staffing locations, and I have a good relationship with the guy so I will most likely not have to resort to refusing a directive, but like I said I’m just trying to see what possible consequences would be.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Who cares what the kid's horrific load quality is !!!
Let the drivers complain enough so they put you back on.
Just work where they tell you to work unless it's grievable.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey everyone, I’ve been with the company for about 6 years and have been on my set for the past 3. I’m a Tuesday - Saturday Preloader, I have good relationships with all my drivers, but recently I’ve been put on a different set on Saturdays. I understand working as directed, but I’m planning on telling them I can either load my set or I’m going home because every Tuesday I get asked questions from my drivers about this kid’s horrific load quality. I’m just trying to get an idea of the possible consequences. I’m going to talk to a FT supe beforehand because in my building the PT supes handle the staffing locations, and I have a good relationship with the guy so I will most likely not have to resort to refusing a directive, but like I said I’m just trying to see what possible consequences would be.
Ignore the drivers, they are a bunch of cryin' woozies! Screw them, they make good money to hunt for those stops.

umWhq2e7itRC.gif

542thruNthru

What would you do?

Punish the insubordinate employee

Or

Bow to the employees threat and have to deal with every other employee that says "I'll only do (name it) or I'm going home."

I know what I'd do.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Tell the drivers to bitch out the PT washrag

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

They are all boxes why does it matter which truck they go in
Quit being a :censored2: and get to loading

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
WAD

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
IDK what to tell you. Had a driver for 4 years who would always gun the same pothole on their way into the indstrial park and all the packages that were on the floor were always my fault in their eyes. You might as well just let things go that are out of your control.

UnionStrong

IDK what to tell you. Had a driver for 4 years who would always gun the same pothole on their way into the indstrial park and all the packages that were on the floor were always my fault in their eyes. You might as well just let things go that are out of your control.
Well if you put them on the shelf correctly, they wouldn’t have fallen off. He was just testing your loading technique. 🤣

Karma...

why not just do the job you are paid to do instead of being chickensht......ever hear of a fair days work for a fair days pay ?.....perhaps the uaw could apply that concept towards its 40 hours pay for 32 hours of work.......if it was up to me pay would be incentive based ...more production means more moolah.....digg ?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
why not just do the job you are paid to do instead of being chickensht......ever hear of a fair days work for a fair days pay ?.....perhaps the uaw could apply that concept towards its 40 hours pay for 32 hours of work.......if it was up to me pay would be incentive based ...more production means more moolah.....digg ?

Yet.... another retired (nobody) management person proffering an option.

UnionStrong

IMG_5042.gif

Nah
Hi Dave.