Favoritism?

Should I give a damn or let this lame sheit go?

• Yay

• Nay

• wait and see if it happend again>?

• Not enough people use this website to use Polls

Results are only viewable after voting.
so usually I don't really care about this sort of thing because people leave early all the time to go to another job ect... but recently my very small center has been cracking down on this issue and making sure if the sort runs past 9:00 (our driver start time) that our loaders stay till 9:15 (our center manager says its actually 9:20 but I think its supposed to be 9:15) Isn't an issue for me because I'm not an idiot and I don't let my side gigs and other jobs don't interfere with my part time ups job

but today, maybe yesterday maybe a week ago maybe a month ago, but most likely today. I watched a Preloader scoot on out the damn door at 9.00 who I know damn well is headed out to catch their amazon flex shift that for which he has to be present at 9.05

I confronted our full time supervisor about it and they covered for the guy saying he told them he had an appointment before the sort started (an absolute mouthful of horse dookie btw) because the sort never runs past 9:00am and ik where he had to be at 9:05.

also not even 2 weeks ago I watched these supervisors tell someone they could not leave at 9:00 am when they had told management about their appointment prior to the sort starting...

and none of these appointment goers are being asked to bring in doctors notes so what gives...

TLDR: Homie got to leave the sort early, I'm a little heated about it.
MYOFB

None of your business where someone goes when they leave the center.

well I lost my 77$ block today and this guy gets to leave the building and provide for his family? feel free to buy my grocery's for the week :P

Don't know what your "77$ block" is, and really don't care, but the dollar sign goes in front, big guy. ($77)

Helping in the spirit of @trickpony1

Last edited:

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I agree and Ill have time to think about it.

Blatant disrespect from management is what has me peeved my center has been cutting corners left and right during the last few months and its getting to the point where it might actually be worth it to file some grievances and see what happens

there is nay a single Preloader that file's.
There’s your problem. You want to be cool with management and they get comfortable :censored2:ing you and the other members over. May as well pop your cherry, grow a spine and let them know you won’t get :censored2:ed with. :censored2: management.

shaco

The Demon Jester
MYOFB

None of your business where someone goes when they leave the center.

Don't know what your "77$ block" is, and really don't care, but the dollar sign goes in front, big guy. ($77)

Helping in the spirit of @trickpony1
Sure as :censored2: is my business when they start picking and choosing if everyone was being treated fairly don't think I would need to be here.

Get ur dollar sign moving arse hole back to reddit 🤣

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Sure as :censored2: is my business when they start picking and choosing if everyone was being treated fairly don't think I would need to be here.

Get ur dollar sign moving arse hole back to reddit 🤣
Seniority gives you the right to work.
Not the right to not work.*

*Local supplements may vary. Read your contracts, people.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So then someone is gonna need to explain to me why it's OK for some members to leave and some have to stay 🤔
They really don't.

You are assuming that something is unfair here, but don't have firsthand knowledge of the situation.

Head down. Mind your own business.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
So then someone is gonna need to explain to me why it's OK for some members to leave and some have to stay 🤔
He literally said to read your contract. Christ, man. Download the UPS Teamsters app and put in your local number and you have a contract in your pocket. Also talk to your steward, get the BA’s number and start attending meetings.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
He literally said to read your contract. Christ, man. Download the UPS Teamsters app and put in your local number and you have a contract in your pocket. Also talk to your steward, get the BA’s number and start attending meetings.
Yep. If you're lucky enough to be in a supplement with one of those "catch all" seniority clauses, he may be able to do something about this.

Otherwise.
Go to work. Do your work. Cash paycheck.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
You right
Right now is not the time to give them a pass. Ever actually. I’ve heard every excuse in the book “oh they’re nice, they’re a good person.” Until they start writing you up, shaving your time cards, not granting your entitlements, withholding your check. If this was anywhere else they would have gotten their ass whooped or worse. Why give them a pass because they have a clipboard, a polo and a walkie talkie. Bury them in paperwork and stick up for your Self.

shaco

The Demon Jester
Just because I don't file often does not mean I do not know what local I am in and the whereabouts to find the contracts/supplements

All I'm saying is the situation stinks to high hell I have the same second job as this guy therefore why tf does he get to go to his job before I do

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Isn't an issue for me because I'm not an idiot and I don't let my side gigs and other jobs don't interfere with my part time ups job
You lied to us in your first post.
Just because I don't file often does not mean I do not know what local I am in and the whereabouts to find the contracts/supplements

All I'm saying is the situation stinks to high hell I have the same second job as this guy therefore why tf does he get to go to his job before I do
You said you have the same second job as him.

You want the union to help you get out of work in order to go work a non union job that is trying to crush us.

Have I got that right?

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd

IMG_1505.jpeg

And that’s why I stated to read it and attend because you will find your answers either in it or at them. Christ, man.

nWo

How can be be at Amazon at 905 if he leaves UPS at 9?

Just start Amazon at 1005 instead. Give yourself a few minutes to relax after UPS.

shaco

The Demon Jester
You lied to us in your first post.

You said you have the same second job as him.

You want the union to help you get out of work in order to go work a non union job that is trying to crush us.

Have I got that right?
Did not lie I canceled my block once I saw the sort was gonna run long

And no I want the union to keep the workers at work till they finished loading their boxes

542thruNthru

For preload here, we're required to work til 9am, if needed. After 9, they cannot force us to stay. I've been stopped on my way out the door at 9:05 with a full time telling me I was required to stay. I said get a steward to back that up as I walked right past the guy. Never heard another word from the guy after that.
Enjoy that while it lasts. I don't know of any contract language in the southern that supports that.

shaco

The Demon Jester
They really don't.

You are assuming that something is unfair here, but don't have firsthand knowledge of the situation.

Head down. Mind your own business.
if the general consensus is to not give a damn and let management do whatever they want then not giving a damn is what I'm gonna do the whole point of the post is not that I'm mad this guy gets to leave early its that only this guy and maybe a handful of other brown nose's land on the get out of jail free space.