Favoritism?

Should I give a damn or let this lame sheit go?

• Yay

• Nay

• wait and see if it happend again>?

• Not enough people use this website to use Polls

Results are only viewable after voting.

shaco

The Demon Jester
Well good news, he was late too. No one getting out of the parking lot in under 15 minutes from anywhere in that building.
huh? dude my center small af I can walk across the whole damned thing in less than 2.5 min and I can get to the AZ hub with the other 2.5.. and apparently you can do it while talking your way outa the last 30 minuets or so of the workday.

we got less than 100 drivers and less than 50 loaders...

huh? dude my center small af I can walk across the whole damned thing in less than 2.5 min and I can get to the AZ hub with the other 2.5.. and apparently you can do it while talking your way outa the last 30 minuets or so of the workday.

Ahh, I see, you're a poor communicator. That's probably how you got into this mess. I don't think anyone here knows an Amazon facility as a "hub," but UPS does have a hub in AZ. There are flex distribution centers all over the valley, and state for that matter, never knew them as "hubs," or that there was a supde duper one called a hub, sorry for my ignorance.

How I spend my workday is definitely my business, just another example of you not minding yours. You're good at this.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
if the general consensus is to not give a damn and let management do whatever they want then not giving a damn is what I'm gonna do the whole point of the post is not that I'm mad this guy gets to leave early its that only this guy and maybe a handful of other brown nose's land on the get out of jail free space.

Brah are we talking about 15 minutes? 15 minutes which you are getting paid overtime ? FFS what a pain in the ass

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You don’t appear to have the balls to just walk when it’s time to go
If you did you wouldn’t be whining about it on the BC

shaco

The Demon Jester
Ahh, I see, you're a poor communicator. That's probably how you got into this mess. I don't think anyone here knows an Amazon facility as a "hub," but UPS does have a hub in AZ. There are flex distribution centers all over the valley, and state for that matter, never knew them as "hubs," or that there was a supde duper one called a hub, sorry for my ignorance.

How I spend my workday is definitely my business, just another example of you not minding yours. You're good at this.
potatoe-p-o.jpg

shaco

The Demon Jester
You don’t appear to have the balls to just walk when it’s time to go
If you did you wouldn’t be whining about it on the BC
you are damn right I'm not walking out working as directed is always the best option IMO

I'm just trying to see if management is breaking any rules here while trying to keep this here brown page alive>!

shaco

The Demon Jester
Brah are we talking about 15 minutes? 15 minutes which you are getting paid overtime ? FFS what a pain in the ass
no overtime start time = 0445

management picked this fight first, by not letting all who wanted to leave at 0900 leave.

not much of a fight if I cant/dont do anything bout it tho

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just because I don't file often does not mean I do not know what local I am in and the whereabouts to find the contracts/supplements

All I'm saying is the situation stinks to high hell I have the same second job as this guy therefore why tf does he get to go to his job before I do
Have you ever considered going full-time at UPS,

....instead of trying to juggle two part-time jobs, the second of which is Amazon 🤮.

shaco

The Demon Jester
Have you ever considered going full-time at UPS,

....instead of trying to juggle two part-time jobs, the second of which is Amazon 🤮.
3 jobs actually gig economy is here lady's 2 w2 tax forms and 1 1099 I sure have thought about full time but I like to have other hobby's too and I'm a youngin making more than I would for the first 2 and a half to 3 years of driving anyway rn while yall are out delivering all day I can finish 2 amazon blocks in less than 3 and a half total hours working..

it might be temporary work but its here for now. Maybe come the next contract ill apply for part time cover driver and move my way up.. we also have some air drivers retiring soon and I'm sure ide be up for that if I wanted to stay part time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
3 jobs actually gig economy is here lady's 2 w2 tax forms and 1 1099 I sure have thought about full time but I like to have other hobby's too and I'm a youngin making more than I would for the first 2 and a half to 3 years of driving anyway rn while yall are out delivering all day I can finish 2 amazon blocks in less than 3 and a half total hours working..

it might be temporary work but its here for now. Maybe come the next contract ill apply for part time cover driver and move my way up.. we also have some air drivers retiring soon and I'm sure ide be up for that if I wanted to stay part time.
Can't get finished until you get started,

....but hey, sounds like you have it all figured out.

Good luck shopping for the answers you are looking for.

Brownwind

Hopefully it works out for you.

Some of us older guys don’t fully grasp what the gig economy means. Always good to have a good work ethic and a side hustle.

shaco

The Demon Jester
Hopefully it works out for you.

Some of us older guys don’t fully grasp what the gig economy means. Always good to have a good work ethic and a side hustle.
Its all temporary work. What I do for work is not super important tbh.

As for the gig economy, I'm sure it will leave us just as fast as it came upon us.

I'm sure you older fella's can understand a maxed out IRA (just got bumped up to 6500 this year) proper investing along with a pension from UPS (part time, or full time) a 401k and multiple income streams is the way to go.

I mean really what more can ya do to insure a quality retirement

Brownwind

As for the gig economy, I'm sure it will leave us just as fast as it came upon us.

I'm sure you older fella's can understand a maxed out IRA (just got bumped up to 6500 this year) proper investing along with a pension from UPS (part time, or full time) a 401k and multiple income streams is the way to go.

Nice response. We definitely appreciated keeping the finances in perspective.

Oh yeah. Welcome to the Cafe

None of us do anything super important, but if you're young, now's the time to get your progression started. You don't wanna be at the bottom of the seniority list making $28/hr and out all night when you have a family. Keep padding that retirement and you can get out young with a pension better than you probably make now. Not sure about this gig stuff, prob not worth the wear and mileage on your personal car, but idk. Just do all of us a favor and park on the right side if the :censored2:ing road.

As for your issue, just file on supervisors working and do your job. Take it up with stewart if your worried about the seniority issue, file on that if he thinks it's necessary.

shaco

The Demon Jester
None of us do anything super important, but if you're young, now's the time to get your progression started. You don't wanna be at the bottom of the seniority list making $28/hr and out all night when you have a family. Keep padding that retirement and you can get out young with a pension better than you probably make now. Not sure about this gig stuff, prob not worth the wear and mileage on your personal car, but idk. Just do all of us a favor and park on the right side if the :censored2:ing road.

As for your issue, just file on supervisors working and do your job. Take it up with stewart if your worried about the seniority issue, file on that if he thinks it's necessary.
haha, will do cant say I'm not guilty of parking on the left side I just flip the hazards on in the Prius and drive down whatever side of the street the house is on.

Maybe it is time to get behind the wheel of that big brown truck.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
if the general consensus is to not give a damn and let management do whatever they want then not giving a damn is what I'm gonna do the whole point of the post is not that I'm mad this guy gets to leave early its that only this guy and maybe a handful of other brown nose's land on the get out of jail free space.
That’s why you use your seniority to put those brown nosers in their place especially if they have lower seniority and if management doesn’t budge file for it. Also don’t throw the people under the bus in front of management, that should be handled in house with the union. We’re not supposed to sell each other out tbh. I’d reach out to them and let them know the situation and if they get mad oh well. Make them learn and respect your seniority.