FBI Raids Mar-a-lago

Fenris

Sounds like we're assuming that Trump will be tried and convicted on felony charges as a result of the raid. If he's not he's gonna be more determined to run for President again than ever after this and a lot of people who were starting to take a good look at DeSantis will probably fall in line behind him.
We obviously don't know the probable cause the FBI has to raid his home but if it is because of what has been publicly shown in the Jan. 6 committee theater, I can't see any unbiased jury voting to convict. Of course the trial would probably be held in DC, so there may be zero chance of an unbiased jury.

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
We obviously don't know the probable cause the FBI has to raid his home but if it is because of what has been publicly shown in the Jan. 6 committee theater, I can't see any unbiased jury voting to convict. Of course the trial would probably be held in DC, so there may be zero chance of an unbiased jury.
That’s not what happened.

ask @floridays about the steps that had happen for this to go down.

floridays

That’s not what happened.

ask @floridays about the steps that had happen for this to go down.
Well we are going to have to see the object of the search warrant and then it can be determined why it was issued. And on what information, tendered by who or whom.

This did not come from FISA so I can assure you it can't be held in secret.

I will remind you and anyone else reading that FISA warrants were issued and renewed against Trump previously and we all know how that turned out.

floridays

FZrYfeMWYAILRV7
Right, the two clowns that had to know about the FISA warrants and signed off on them that were issued when Trump was a candidate his first time around.

vantexan

Well we are going to have to see the object of the search warrant and then it can be determined why it was issued. And on what information, tendered by who or whom.

This did not come from FISA so I can assure you it can't be held in secret.

I will remind you and anyone else reading that FISA warrants were issued and renewed against Trump previously and we all know how that turned out.
Most likely signed off on by Merrick Garland and the White House.

vantexan

And the Director of the FBI was powerless?
It was an FBI raid so of course Wray was involved. You don't do an unprecedented raid on a former president unless you go above Wray's level. What's really ridiculous is it's a known fact that Hillary Clinton broke numerous national security laws, deleted 33,000 emails she was ordered to turn over under subpoena, destroyed the server they were on, and nothing happened. They're after Trump for anything they can find.