FDX Management pay cuts

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
I think that all the big buck CEO's, etc could stand to take a pay cut. Most companies stock options & bonus's are more than I made in 20 years.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
When I read why Fred decided to do this kinda made me think. Do you think that when times were really good that all the management people got an extra 5-10 percent raise on top of what they already received. Probably not, but now times are tougher so they take money back...

Testicular Fortitude

mattwtrs,try in 50 years you wont make what these corporate honchos make in 1 year with their stock options.Go to Fedexwatch and learn the truth on what Fred S really makes in 1 year.

ImWiredIn

Agreed....but the stock holders support it otherwise they'd sell. It's free market supply & demand. Not much that can be done...I certainly don't want more government to step in.

quadro

This article is from December, 2008. Management just got a raise effective January 1, 2010.
At least someone's paying attention. :happy2: Actually I don't think they got a raise 1/1/10, I think that they became eligible for a raise whenever their next raise date hits. At least that's the impression I got from my manager on my checkride last week.

FedEx2000

At least someone's paying attention. :happy2: Actually I don't think they got a raise 1/1/10, I think that they became eligible for a raise whenever their next raise date hits. At least that's the impression I got from my manager on my checkride last week.

Quadro is correct, mgt became eligible for a merit increase at their respective times. It was not an across the board hike, nothing changed 1/01/10. It's also capped at 2.2% max, same as the hourly increase that takes place in march.