Fed Ex Purchase

Rich Z

Is there a significant registration fee in NY State for registering ten trucks? I am considering purchasing a Fed Ex business and did not factor in potential registration fees. The business would be held and run in a C corp, not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

bacha29

Is there a significant registration fee in NY State for registering ten trucks? I am considering purchasing a Fed Ex business and did not factor in potential registration fees. The business would be held and run in a C corp, not sure if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.
If you mean purchasing new license tags every year of course you would despite the fact that you will be operating under FXG DOT authority . Yep, it's on you and with 10 trucks it will add up especially in NY.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Thanks in advance.

1,000,000 each

bacha29

Thanks in advance.
If you are going to run it as a C-Corp rather than an S-Corp you may also be subject to NY state corporate income tax. Remember, you're buying those routes on the belief that the profitability is going to go up. Trouble is you're buying them from a guy who is equally convinced that it's going to go down.

FedGT

Thanks in advance.

If you run it as a C-corp you will be getting a letter to cure. And if it isn't fixed they will take them from you. Can only do an S-corp

FedGT

It does say in a statement in the article that a C-corp was acceptable but I remember asking my terminal about it and they said absolutely not. But my terminal is also filled with morons.

bacha29

It does say in a statement in the article that a C-corp was acceptable but I remember asking my terminal about it and they said absolutely not. But my terminal is also filled with morons.
In the beginning I know that LLC's and LLP's were prohibited but I don't recall C-Corp's being banned. Then again that policy as with X policy in general can change in a moment. Keep in mind most of the investor class are registered as C-Corps and given the influx of the investor class I wonder if they might have made X fearful that the investor class was getting a little too powerful . Then too it may have seen too many occasions where the investor class bought up routes for the sole purpose of flipping them soon afterward for a quick profit. X has publicly stated that it's one and only objective is to acquire trucking and labor at the lowest possible cost not to create equity for contractors and or speculators.