FedEx As Second Job

vantexan

Ukraine flirting with NATO would be like Mexico or Canada flirting with joining the Warsaw Pact in the 1980s. Do you think the US would have allowed it? We didn't even allow Cuba to get nukes in the 1960s. Russia doesn't want a country that has historically been under their control to go an join the west and put nukes right up on their border. Moreover, Ukraine's government was overthrown in 2014 and had a western puppet government installed in its place. The problems with Ukraine and Russia have been brewing for a while now.
There are already NATO nations on Russia's border and another, Finland, just joined. Ukraine is a sovereign nation and shouldn't be dictated to by Russia. It's a matter of coveting Ukraine's resources. The government overthrown in 2014 was Putin's puppet. The Ukrainians voted for Zelensky. He wasn't installed.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If Russia has its hands full with Ukraine how are they going to handle NATO?
I don't think Russia is going to accept defeat and give up the doorway just because Ukraine joins NATO. I don't think NATO countries believe that either. If they did, they would have already let Ukraine join.

You said there won't be all out NATO war.
If they let Ukraine join, you will be wrong.
Which brings me back to my point....
There are a lot of very stupid people pushing for Ukraine to be admitted to NATO.

vantexan

I don't think Russia is going to accept defeat and give up the doorway just because Ukraine joins NATO. I don't think NATO countries believe that either. If they did, they would have already let Ukraine join.

You said there won't be all out NATO war.
If they let Ukraine join, you will be wrong.
Which brings me back to my point....
You honestly believe Russia will attack NATO over Ukraine? Everybody thought last year that Russia would steam roll Ukraine. Hasn't happened yet.
Russia didn't want Finland in either. They're in.

Serf

Unless you’re working as a handler for ground or you some how get hired by Express (hiring freeze) in these wild times. I wouldn’t go on the road for ground. Not worth it.

bacha29

Been seeing much of that for awhile. NATO countries have about 9 times the population, and many, many times the manufacturing compared to Russia. Putin isn't going to attack anyone in NATO. Not to mention Russian troops are getting chewed up in Ukraine. This is likely the last major war Russia can conduct because their demographics are collapsing.
As long as Putin has somebody to buy his oil namely China and India he'll still have some military capability . What happens in the next 6-12 months I'm not sure that even the best military and political minds know for certain outside of moves and countermoves across the political chessboard.