FedEx contractor revolt?

bbsam

Staff member
So what you're saying is that the average contractor will be damn lucky if he does not have to make anymore concessions let along trying to make settlement gains.
Concessions? No. I see it more like “if the route makes no money, it goes out every other day”.

Again. For the 100th time.

Why would people do this job and continue to lose money?

floridays

In July Biden created the Presidential Emergency Board and given the specific task of mediating the ongoing dispute. In addition 3 cabinet secretaries, Biden's top legal advisor and chief of staff were all directly involved in trying to get to an agreement. At 9PM Biden personally called the negotiators and told them that a strike was "unacceptable " and strongly urged that a settlement be reached. So again what Biden did was using executive powers to create a board that served as a mediator. So in this case what did RLA have to do with it?
Don't give a :poop: , every thing he did is contrary to existing statute, not hard to believe for that clown though.

The RLA is the controlling law, not some figment that Biden comes up with in his head to make people think he is doing something. Many of your opposition have claimed your bunch is lawless, this is just another exhibit.

bbsam

Staff member
Don't give a :poop: , every thing he did is contrary to existing statute, not hard to believe for that clown though.

The RLA is the controlling law, not some figment that Biden comes up with in his head to make people think he is doing something. Many of your opposition have claimed your bunch is lawless, this is just another exhibit.
Stop it. You can’t defend Trump and wail about lawlessness. You just look stupid.

floridays

Concessions? No. I see it more like “if the route makes no money, it goes out every other day”.

The man refuses to understand simply because he is roooting for the contractors to lose everything, be it immediate or by 1000 small cuts. He's a bitter old man.

bacha29

Why? Simple. It's because they're trapped . People put up every tangible asset they owned just buy into an intangible asset. Not a good choice. All they can do now is to quit crying and see if they can get through the tough times ahead.
Problem is many had never been in that business before and therefore never experienced it's extreme volatility and therefore wrongly believed that the good times would never end.

bacha29

In his after interview comments this AM Cramer pointed to an important fact. The corporate structure is just too damn costly to continue to operate in it's current form Instead of one management structure overall they've got one for each OPCO.

bbsam

Staff member
Patron put out his response to the FedEx lawsuit

floridays

@bbsam

Just a question

You have said you are making more from covering or however this increase comes.

The question,

Do you drivers reap any benefit of this increase?

floridays

Somewhat. Went through and gave out raises from the savings when we stopped running sundays
Good start, and I understand how business works.
I will say over the years of viewing you here I think you probably are a good employer.

Don't forget the guys that butter your bread as it seems Fdx ground is forgetting those that butter
their bread.

I didn't have to tell you that though.

yadig

If FedEx could get rid of all the contractors and hire desirable employees with good pay/benefits wouldn’t it boost morale and productivity? The problem I see is horrible employees with criminal records and high school dropouts. I promise you that wasn’t the case 28 years ago! What’s changed and why? I understand that cheap labor and high stock prices is the main goal in the corporate world but it’s took a toll on FedEx service levels. Something is gonna have too change and soon or it’s gonna keep spiraling downhill. What’s the change gonna be?