FedEx contractor revolt?

bacha29

I agree, the contractor model is proving to be a failure and it’s not y’all’s fault. FedEx has always exerted a high level of control and now y’all are wanting to take that away a little bit and that spooked them
Spot on. Contractors are simply tired of being cuffed around by X while still being called "independent contractors". Truth of the matter is migrant farm workers have better protection under the law that Ground contractors.

The contract they sign is so vague and ambiguous that it's a license to treat them badly. And judging by the underlying sentiment behind what the contractors on here are saying it's clear that the profitability of being a contractor long longer justifies the abuse they have to take.

floridays

What was Reagan's little stunt?
I was gonna ask the same question.
I wait with bated breath to see the response, if there is one. Immediately the answer I was expecting, it appeared in the next post.

I can't wait to see the discussion if there is any. On to the next post.

floridays

I answered your question. Literally no one cares what you’d call it.
He called it correctly.
Literally your last statement is incorrect, 100% incorrect. I care, the truth was told and I am sure there are more like myself that care about the truth.

You answered the question exactly how he knew you would, I knew the same answer would be offered.

floridays

There is a current events forum on this site if you’re looking for a political argument.
He walked through a door that another poster opened
With unions losing their foothold in the 80’s after Regan pulled his little stunt
@59 Dano asked a question, you were quick to answer.
I find it hard to believe you didn't anticipate another question would follow.
Dano was correct. Your non-responsive answer was proof you don't have a suitable response if truth is the arbiter.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He walked through a door that another poster opened

@59 Dano asked a question, you were quick to answer.
I find it hard to believe you didn't anticipate another question would follow.
Dano was correct. Your non-responsive answer was proof you don't have a suitable response if truth is the arbiter.
Someone else already answered before I could tell him. Didn’t you bother to read that? Or did you want me to do a game if Pete and repeat?

bbsam

Staff member
What do you have to tell me?
I think all the words have been spoken. FedEx has a situation.

Neither contractors nor investors are happy. Wall Street has all but laughed off the “global recession” as an excuse for poor performance.
Cutting back on unnecessary capex feels mind-blowingly late. FedEx seems intent on going forward with “schedule L” which is a money grab from contractors in the guise of a safety program.
Contractors can’t seem to find drivers for the regular year let alone peak season.

So we remain where we were months ago. Contractors continuing to fail and the company attempting to telling Wall Street that everything is fine.

Oh. And there’s that bit about FedEx suing Patton. A move that I continue to believe was asinine, sophomoric, and will have serious repercussions for the company.

Overall I’d say there’s an overwhelming sense of disgust with the company coupled with a huge DGAF attitude of people just going through the motions.

It will be fine

Still seeing plenty of full fleets go up for sale. Former contractors selling all their equipment, uniforms, scanners etc. Still getting plenty of notices about new open CSAs. Just because Spencer isn’t banging the drum in the media doesn’t mean the problems he spoke about are solved.

This peak will not be good for most contractors. I expect more contractor bankruptcies early next year as a result, much like this year.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Still seeing plenty of full fleets go up for sale. Former contractors selling all their equipment, uniforms, scanners etc. Still getting plenty of notices about new open CSAs. Just because Spencer isn’t banging the drum in the media doesn’t mean the problems he spoke about are solved.

This peak will not be good for most contractors. I expect more contractor bankruptcies early next year as a result, much like this year.

You buy and sell used uniforms?
That’s just nasty