FedEx contractor revolt?

It will be fine

Ironic. You’ve posted about Corporate Executives incompetence, then bolster their decisions concerning freight allocation.

You remind me of the prostitute who was incensed that she was offered $100, after agreeing to a million. Still a prostitute, just establishing her worth….
Your pathetic attempts at insults not withstanding. I’m saying what the corporation is doing, not what the egotistical express couriers wish would happen. Sorry that upsets you.

bbsam

Staff member
No it wouldn't. They wouldn't need to replace every truck. And even if they had to they would not be paying full price like a contractor would. Besides, FedEx spends $Billions every year in capital expenditures and acquisitions. What makes you think they wouldn't have the cash to make the switch?
They’re going to buy trucks from contractors? Who would they buy them from? Who would have that many?

MAKAVELI

They’re going to buy trucks from contractors? Who would they buy them from? Who would have that many?
I'm sure some contractors would sell to liquidate their assets. But FedEx has the purchasing power to buy large fleets just as they have the $ to buy planes.

bbsam

Staff member
I'm sure some contractors would sell to liquidate their assets. But FedEx has the purchasing power to buy large fleets just as they have the $ to buy planes.
Large fleets from whom? It’s one thing to order 12 new jets. Who’s going to build 80,000 stepvans and when will they be delivered?

As a contractor, the day they make that order, what would my response be? Certainly wouldn’t be fixing any trucks. Probably wouldn’t be delivering that which isn’t profitable.

If the company can get those 80,000 stepvans in 30 days they might have a chance.

MAKAVELI

Large fleets from whom? It’s one thing to order 12 new jets. Who’s going to build 80,000 stepvans and when will they be delivered?

As a contractor, the day they make that order, what would my response be? Certainly wouldn’t be fixing any trucks. Probably wouldn’t be delivering that which isn’t profitable.

If the company can get those 80,000 stepvans in 30 days they might have a chance.
They don't need to get 80,000 step vans in 30 days. It will be a long drawn out process either way. You can't just flip a switch overnight.

bbsam

Staff member
They don't need to get 80,000 step vans in 30 days. It will be a long drawn out process either way. You can't just flip a switch overnight.
As soon as FedEx starts buying stepvans (and presumably hiring drivers to drive them) contractors will fold more than they are now.

MAKAVELI

As soon as FedEx starts buying stepvans (and presumably hiring drivers to drive them) contractors will fold more than they are now.
And that's why I said it will be a long drawn out process either way. Whether they give Ground all Express or vice versa.

bbsam

Staff member
And that's why I said it will be a long drawn out process either way. Whether they give Ground all Express or vice versa.
How can it be long and drawn out? Once contractors see the company moving in, contractors will stop spending money to keep operation’s going.

MAKAVELI

How can it be long and drawn out? Once contractors see the company moving in, contractors will stop spending money to keep operation’s going.
All employee workforce in Alaska. What most of you contractors believe is not possible, is very possible.

Mutineer

All employee workforce in Alaska. What most of you contractors believe is not possible, is very possible.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but over the years I've spent alot of time in Alaska during both seasons.

The circumstances of the supply chain are very different and unique compared to the lower 48 and Hawaii.

MAKAVELI

Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but over the years I've spent alot of time in Alaska during both seasons.

The circumstances of the supply chainFed are very different and unique compared to the lower 48 and Hawaii.
Regardless of the differences, FedEx hasn't tried the opposite in the lower 48 until now. It's a desperation move that won't work.

HedleyLamarr

To anyone who actually thinks Express will absorb Ground. In the past 2 years, how many Express pieces has Ground delivered and how many Ground pieces has Express delivered? I am beginning to wonder what planet you guys live on.

It will be fine

The circumstances of the supply chain are very different and unique compared to the lower 48 and Hawaii.
Hawaii is next. Ground is contracting out all its P&D there to Express as well. All the Ground freight came in on planes anyway. We used to have Ground service to Puerto Rico too, but it went away for the same reason.

MAKAVELI

To anyone who actually thinks Express will absorb Ground. In the past 2 years, how many Express pieces has Ground delivered and how many Ground pieces has Express delivered? I am beginning to wonder what planet you guys live on.
Not saying Express will absorb ground. Just stating the facts that the contractor model is failing and the company admitting two separate systems is inefficient. What the company actually does to combine the two is really just a guess at this point. Express is delivering ground in Alaska, we pu and move the 4Z and INJECT freight. So it's not out of the realm that eventually FedEx could go to an all employee workforce or at least majority.