FedEx contractor revolt?

Gone fishin

It’s what they’ve announced they’re doing. It’s what they are piloting in several markets. It’s by far the cheapest option going forward.
They’re quickly learning “cheap “ isn’t the answer for success. Companies literally won’t use Fedx because the inadequacy of ground. Recent events and numbers have brought even more publicity on ground. It’s no longer sustainable to move forward if fedex intends to be successful in the future

It will be fine

They’re quickly learning “cheap “ isn’t the answer for success. Companies literally won’t use Fedx because the inadequacy of ground. Recent events and numbers have brought even more publicity on ground. It’s no longer sustainable to move forward if fedex intends to be successful in the future
There is no evidence they are learning that.

HedleyLamarr

They don't care about the future. They are just like politicians, milking everything they can get out of Ground now and praying that the duct tape will hold just long enough for them to get out before the system crashes.

It will be fine

It means the company is trending in the wrong direction making poor decisions. It wasn’t simply a fluctuation , but the result of bad business
I don’t disagree with your assessment of the reasons for low volume. I disagree that corporate is learning from it. I think the executives of FedEx are grossly incompetent and way too arrogant to admit they’ve made any mistakes.

MAKAVELI

The public has goldfish memories and is easily manipulated. Corporate will take a few more press releases over buying billions of dollars of trucks.
$Billions in trucks? More like $millions. They have the money to switch to an all employee workforce, they just don't have the intelligence and will to do it. They'd rather tank the corporation and take their golden parachutes in the end.

It will be fine

$Billions in trucks? More like $millions. They have the money to switch to an all employee workforce, they just don't have the intelligence and will to do it. They'd rather tank the corporation and take their golden parachutes in the end.
Do the math. It would be in the billions to acquire enough trucks to replace the current Ground fleet.

MAKAVELI

Do the math. It would be in the billions to acquire enough trucks to replace the current Ground fleet.
No it wouldn't. They wouldn't need to replace every truck. And even if they had to they would not be paying full price like a contractor would. Besides, FedEx spends $Billions every year in capital expenditures and acquisitions. What makes you think they wouldn't have the cash to make the switch?

It will be fine

No it wouldn't. They wouldn't need to replace every truck. And even if they had to they would not be paying full price like a contractor would. Besides, FedEx spends $Billions every year in capital expenditures and acquisitions. What makes you think they wouldn't have the cash to make the switch?
I didn’t say they don’t have the money. I said it would be stupid to waste money replacing a fleet that they already have use of. If you think that would be a good use of funds it’s probably good you’re still at an entry level job.

MAKAVELI

I didn’t say they don’t have the money. I said it would be stupid to waste money replacing a fleet that they already have use of. If you think that would be a good use of funds it’s probably good you’re still at an entry level job.
FedEx is imploding on its current path. It's probably good that you don't actually own a business.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Do you have that nagging feeling that your days as a contractor just might be numbered?

It will be fine

Do you have that nagging feeling that your days as a contractor just might be numbered?
Not at all. Minnesota and Colorado are already doing large scale integrations of operations with the majority of the work going to the Ground contractors. Corporate executives have spoken about shifting express volume to the Ground network. The only people that have said it would go the other way are express couriers that are terrible at math and drastically overestimate their value.

Gone fishin

I think we understand it , but common sense tells us otherwise. I don’t think you understand the negative impact you’re having on the company.
Customers won’t bundle express because they won’t use ground. That’s been told to me several times. It’s a problem

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Not at all. Minnesota and Colorado are already doing large scale integrations of operations with the majority of the work going to the Ground contractors. Corporate executives have spoken about shifting express volume to the Ground network. The only people that have said it would go the other way are express couriers that are terrible at math and drastically overestimate their value.
Ironic. You’ve posted about Corporate Executives incompetence, then bolster their decisions concerning freight allocation.

You remind me of the prostitute who was incensed that she was offered $100, after agreeing to a million. Still a prostitute, just establishing her worth….

It will be fine

I think we understand it , but common sense tells us otherwise. I don’t think you understand the negative impact you’re having on the company.
Customers won’t bundle express because they won’t use ground. That’s been told to me several times. It’s a problem
Your common sense tells you they should take the most expensive option to gain efficiency? What negative impact do you think I’m having exactly? You have no idea how my operation runs or how any of the other 6,000 contractors operate. You have one or two local customers that don’t use Ground, WDFD. You can find customers that won’t use every service, that’s not a big deal.