Fedex Express job?

Mfav24

What a perfect answer for this guy...right on the money. Even the best transportation jobs have strange hours, long days, and weekends, especially if you are new. If he goes to a union company he'll probably be on the extra board, and almost everywhere, he'll be some sort of cover driver. You make your real money on OT.

Mike Fava. You need to talk to people who already are doing the job. Every one of them will attest to what SPH said. If you're looking for normal, you're in the wrong industry.
I understand that your life isn't always normal getting a driving job. But I'm not getting it to be an over the road driver. I know plenty of people who have a m-friend yea it's early hours and you don't know when you're getting off but sometimes you work short days others long. But I'm getting it for township jobs county jobs or utility companies which always want you to have a cdl.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I understand that your life isn't always normal getting a driving job. But I'm not getting it to be an over the road driver. I know plenty of people who have a m-friend yea it's early hours and you don't know when you're getting off but sometimes you work short days others long. But I'm getting it for township jobs county jobs or utility companies which always want you to have a cdl.

You're not getting it. Know anyone who works for a city or utility? A lot of them are on-call part of the time. Our local utility works 24 on, 24 off when there is a windstorm, and the same with the plow drivers who work for the city.

pkg4me

Because it seems like it's a good job and could end up being a decent gig. I know a lot of people say it's not but I don't know. I signed up for cdl classes instead.

Get a hazmat endorsement etc - the more endorsements you have, the better chances of getting a great job...