Minimums have gone away

!Retired!

What rumor hasn’t been true? It seems to me that most “rumors” have been true.
Where did I say it wasn't true? I only said there's no proof, just a rumor.
It's not a rumor buddy, already been confirmed with management at my station. At least in Irvine, California they took em away.

If you are still at fedex get out before they rape you.
Is that the same managers that said everyone was getting a 2 step raise a couple of years back? I still keep in touch with some co-workers, including one from Irvine. He hasn't heard anything from his co-workers.

P.S. You didn't see my username?

FedupExpress

Is that the same managers that said everyone was getting a 2 step raise a couple of years back? I still keep in touch with some co-workers, including one from Irvine. He hasn't heard anything from his co-workers.

I probably know him if he's at nzj, I don't what to tell ya... They already made the announcement and I never heard any manager say we are getting step raises. When I started most of the old timers mentioned that the steps were not actually real (just illusion to keep the new hires) from quitting .

Aquaman

I’ve been told by managers we’re getting two step raises, market level adjustment is coming, and we were getting that retention “peak pay”…. None of which ever happened. All was said to deflect and distract. The “legacy station” BS is the same thing. FedEx ops managers don’t know enough to tell employees much of anything. If they’re reassuring you…. They’re lying. Every single time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That’s what happens when you got hundreds of Dano’s making decisions!😂
I'm just flattered that I have such a presence in your head that you can't help but to invoke my name.

Hey there's a thunderstorm outside. Dummies like Dano probably think thunderstorms are good

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It’s not really you. It’s the overall consensus of hope that Express employees seem to be clinging to. The blatant “legacy station” lies they’re being fed. People want to believe their job isn’t being eliminated. But if you’re a courier…. Your job is 100% being eliminated. They’re not being shy about this.
I'm thinking that they're all being told they're at a 'legacy station'!

Artee

Couries aren't included in this. Handlers and Shuttle drivers. You boys got a hair trigger these days. 🤣🤣🤣
Yet......If this change produces the desired result, one could see it expanded to other job codes....or being walked back.

The Express stations around here have been told by the new Ground director, that they will be doing ground deliveries within the next year. The director said that means increasing the number of handlers from the current 5 to 25. Not going to happen without minimums. Some of these current handlers are only getting 10 hours a week. Two have told the manager this week they are quitting as its not worth the 30 minute drive to the station from their home for 10 hours a week.

One of the managers at this station was a manager at the Oakland hub. They have wide, double belts at the hub like the Ground facilities have to handle the bulky oversized freight. They are not going to run Ground freight on this small little belt in this station. Unless they plan on tearing the belt out and upgrading. The new director is coming in for a meeting this week and she was just in Pittsburgh last week for the big meeting there. Betting some bad news is coming their way.

FedupExpress

Yet......If this change produces the desired result, one could see it expanded to other job codes....or being walked back.

The Express stations around here have been told by the new Ground director, that they will be doing ground deliveries within the next year. The director said that means increasing the number of handlers from the current 5 to 25. Not going to happen without minimums. Some of these current handlers are only getting 10 hours a week. Two have told the manager this week they are quitting as its not worth the 30 minute drive to the station from their home for 10 hours a week.

One of the managers at this station was a manager at the Oakland hub. They have wide, double belts at the hub like the Ground facilities have to handle the bulky oversized freight. They are not going to run Ground freight on this small little belt in this station. Unless they plan on tearing the belt out and upgrading. The new director is coming in for a meeting this week and she was just in Pittsburgh last week for the big meeting there. Betting some bad news is coming their way.
Exactly, no handlers = no freight being moved... Most couriers don't want to handle any packages let alone deliver them.

Guitarman01

I think the changes in how FedEx will calculate overtime is a much bigger deal at least for now than changes in paid minimum hours.

There is obviously various ways they can manipulate this standard overtime policy to cut costs while the employees now lose thousands yearly. I say for now because with combined services, I doubt any full timer will be consistently under 40 hrs a week regardless.

I also think paid minimums is more of a barometer for how many hours a person should be working for managers as opposed to expecting to be paid on a regular basis for not even working. If anyone is consistently under minimum hours obviously the higher ups are going to make sure that changes pretty quick.

As far as package handlers there are various shifts at UPS where they only work a couple hours and I don't think they are guaranteed any minimums. Obviously the big difference is their part time benefits and union starting pay of 21 an hour.

Brown Down

I think the changes in how FedEx will calculate overtime is a much bigger deal at least for now than changes in paid minimum hours.

There is obviously various ways they can manipulate this standard overtime policy to cut costs while the employees now lose thousands yearly. I say for now because with combined services, I doubt any full timer will be consistently under 40 hrs a week regardless.

I also think paid minimums is more of a barometer for how many hours a person should be working for managers as opposed to expecting to be paid on a regular basis for not even working. If anyone is consistently under minimum hours obviously the higher ups are going to make sure that changes pretty quick.

As far as package handlers there are various shifts at UPS where they only work a couple hours and I don't think they are guaranteed any minimums. Obviously the big difference is their part time benefits and union starting pay of 21 an hour.
There are minimums for our part time shifts. Not sure what they are anymore as I believe they've changed but they're still are minimums.

!Retired!

I’ve been told by managers we’re getting two step raises, market level adjustment is coming, and we were getting that retention “peak pay”…. None of which ever happened. All was said to deflect and distract. The “legacy station” BS is the same thing. FedEx ops managers don’t know enough to tell employees much of anything. If they’re reassuring you…. They’re lying. Every single time.
Don't tell me, tell FedUp. I learned 2 things very early on
1. Managers don't know what's coming up next. Upper management is very good at staying tight lipped.
2. It doesn't exist until it happens.

The managers credo:
Just like the pied piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the symphony of destruction

tourists24

Don't tell me, tell FedUp. I learned 2 things very early on
1. Managers don't know what's coming up next. Upper management is very good at staying tight lipped.
2. It doesn't exist until it happens.

The managers credo:
Just like the pied piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the symphony of destruction