FedEx express swing courier. New hire.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Starting pay is 18.87/hr. How much do benefits cost each month and what kind of bs do you have to deal with? My current job is along the line of delivering product to stores. But I have to deal with the selling of that product as well. In my head its going to be much easier to drive somewhere, grab a package and drop it off as opposed to having to try to convince store to buy more product than the need, or set of displays of said product.

I pay about $47 a week for the top insurance, for my daughter and myself. Then there is a large deductible.

MAKAVELI

Can someone answer him? I use my wife's insurance because ours was already getting really bad years ago. You are basically paying for your own insurance last I looked.
For him and his wife he will be paying about $200 a month for consumer choice, dental and vision. About $433 a month for consumer premium, dental and vision. There is no longer an employee+ spouse option. The options are employee only , employee + child(ren) or employee + family.

Last edited:

Express Courier

They are hiring swings straight off the street? That's kind of rare... well maybe not nowadays but that's a tough gig coming straight off the street. Usually at our station we hire handlers and let them learn the lingo for a minute and then promote them.

Swinging is not like a regular route where you can figure out the route area and the flow of the route after a couple days and just coast. You are literally on a different route EVERY DAY. Maybe you get lucky and land on one for a week. Just long enough for you to perfect that route and then never be on it again lol.

I say go for it though if you think it's what you want to do. You can gut it out and then get a regular route eventually. But be aware that much of what has been said in this thread is true. Especially that raise %. That was some complete :poop:. I've gone up about $4.00 in 10 years.

dezguy

Your guys' benefits are insane. I was just complaining to the UPS guy that mine were too much. I pay just under $20 a week for me, my wife and kids.

Code43

But we're told that we have the best benefits in the industry and that us paying for these benefits is better than having to pay those nasty Union dues. FedEx wouldn't lie to us! LMAO

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They are hiring swings straight off the street? That's kind of rare... well maybe not nowadays but that's a tough gig coming straight off the street. Usually at our station we hire handlers and let them learn the lingo for a minute and then promote them.

Swinging is not like a regular route where you can figure out the route area and the flow of the route after a couple days and just coast. You are literally on a different route EVERY DAY. Maybe you get lucky and land on one for a week. Just long enough for you to perfect that route and then never be on it again lol.

I say go for it though if you think it's what you want to do. You can gut it out and then get a regular route eventually. But be aware that much of what has been said in this thread is true. Especially that raise %. That was some complete :poop:. I've gone up about $4.00 in 10 years.

My station hires swings off the street all the time.

dezguy

But we're told that we have the best benefits in the industry and that us paying for these benefits is better than having to pay those nasty Union dues. FedEx wouldn't lie to us! LMAO
I love those lines. I was telling the UPS guy I'm spending almost $200/month between my benefits and our group RRSP and how during our last union drive that the company said we'd be spending hundreds of dollars a month on union dues. He told me he pays $88/month on union dues and gets most of it back on his taxes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I love those lines. I was telling the UPS guy I'm spending almost $200/month between my benefits and our group RRSP and how during our last union drive that the company said we'd be spending hundreds of dollars a month on union dues. He told me he pays $88/month on union dues and gets most of it back on his taxes.

Lol. That's what FedEx used to tell us when the Teamsters would stand in front of our station. If I had only known the truth then... They haven't come by in a long time.

dezguy

Lol. That's what FedEx used to tell us when the Teamsters would stand in front of our station. If I had only known the truth then... They haven't come by in a long time.
Yeah, a lot of people bought that crap. Being part of the union before, I knew they were lying. Still pisses me off that I could be saving $120 a month if we had a union. Probably be getting better benefits and an actual pension too!

BigWork13

Quick update. I should have listened to everyone who said not to come here. After 5 years I have moved on from Fedex to a much better opportunity. Fedex has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They don't give 2 :censored2:s about the employees.

chris45

Quick update. I should have listened to everyone who said not to come here. After 5 years I have moved on from Fedex to a much better opportunity. Fedex has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They don't give 2 *s about the employees.
You got hired around when I did, I also may be trying to leave(honestly I got it pretty good but I know that can change at any time, my old station was :censored2:ing terrible) what kind of job and what place you going to work at now 🧐

MassWineGuy

No 4-6 percent annual raises. FedEx as lots of bs just like every other corporation. Medical plan deductions go up each year. The deductible and out of pocket maximum are high.

Definitely split shifts with a mandatory 60 minute break if working 8 or more hours. DOT physical is fine. If you’re truly worried about random drug tests then stop using whatever you use or don’t work here. I’d love to smoke some weed occasionally, but my job’s more important. If this is a hard choice then you know you have a serious problem.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Quick update. I should have listened to everyone who said not to come here. After 5 years I have moved on from Fedex to a much better opportunity. Fedex has to be one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. They don't give 2 *s about the employees.
You people are amazing. There are very few companies these days that actually offer any kind of pension. Ford got rid of the pension all together. A pension is free money given to you for nothing. To complain about it is crazy. We deliver and pick up packages for a living. This job could not be any easier. I have no idea how everyone feels so entitled to be paid like your doing a job that is changing the world. It's just crazy.

There are way worse jobs out there. I've been a swing courier for 3 years now. When I first started I was on this board and asked about working for Fedex. Everyone here is just so negitave, very whiney, and overall not very helpful at all. This job is easy and you make good money. If I would have listened to the people on here I would have never taken the job, but I'm very glad I ignored them.
We‘ll accept your apology now. Lol.

AB831

Bar none the worst company I’ve ever worked for. Leaving can’t come soon enough.