Fedex gives away free money to its employees

Ghostwriter

Slide of the hand. There is no such thing as "free money". One could argue: that while you start 5 minutes early, that time was deducted from the courier clerical or post trip. Or perhaps the one more stop per hour and/or your shortened stem time, maybe the time was deducted from your return to building time. So as you can properly conclude there is no such thing as "free money". One could also apply this formula to cost of living expenses; such as a person receiving a "raise" then higher premiums and /or med. deductibles.

LTFedExer

One could argue: that while you start 5 minutes early, that time was deducted from the courier clerical or post trip. Or perhaps the one more stop per hour and/or your shortened stem time, maybe the time was deducted from your return to building time.
Wrong....

franknitty

That's what the management says at our station, "You're missing out on FREE MONEY" ! Sorry mr. manager, I don't drink the kool-aid !

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

we were told the 5 minutes early was mandatory...interesting...what I like is the days I go in to the check out room and everyone is punching in early, so I just follow the herd, that's my free money..lol

LTFedExer

we were told the 5 minutes early was mandatory...interesting...what I like is the days I go in to the check out room and everyone is punching in early, so I just follow the herd, that's my free money..lol
Mandatory....no. Free money.....yes, since you don't actually start work until your scheduled time. 5 minutes/day may not be much for EACH person. But, multiply 25 minutes/week by how many couriers your station has.

SmithBarney

Its ok our whole station pretty much screwed themselves this year because of the 30 minute allowed lunch...
they'd take a short lunch so they didn't feel the extra pressure during the day SPH goes down, so now they've
restructured most of the routes to press SPH up.. Now CRRs are back where they started, under the gun...
If they took 1 hr lunches for every 16 crrs we could have another FT driver...(or even a PTr or two to help out)

franknitty

25 minutes per week ? Free Money ? Please ! Like its been said already, if those 25 minutes are Free, then the courier is at a deficit before the end of the week, because he or she is taking less than a 30 minute break, or flat out working on their break in order to improve SPH and return to building times. MEMPHIS DID HEAR THAT ? Everyday, more and more of you couriers are breaking company, local, state, and federal laws for 25 minutes of "so-called" Free Money ! So do me a favor, and keep your Free Money !