FedEx Home forges my signature on an ISR pkg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know at least one courier who did this. I was sent to help this courier out on P2 during peak one year, I meant him around 1430, and he gave me some SOS due by 1500, but he asked me not to scan about 4 or 5 on the far end of the route, because he had already released them on the power pad. I told he could deliver those ones himself, and I'd take the rest. This was a 25 year man, who was being squeezed by his manager, but it's still no excuse. I'll take the lates over falsification any day.

Good call to make he deal with those.

My favorite story?
The package showed a POD at 1122 or something like that but the customer had been home all day and a FedEx truck hadn't been by. The recipient was on the phone with the station (the call center patched the call through) when the courier arrived an hour later. Talk about bad timing! He didn't last long after that.

Another guy was a bit smarter in that he get a message on the power pad asking where the POD'd pkg was because the customer couldn't find it. He'd reply that he must have misdelivered it but that he would retrieve it and deliver it to the right address. That seemed to happen a bit too much so they put the bloodhounds on him so to speak and eventually fired him.

59 Dano

This thread started about Ground/Home. The more that's posted, the more it sounds Express is no different. Except we make higher profits.

Let's not forget that Ground drivers do it because they are unprofessional, but Express couriers only do it because of extenuating circumstances. At least that's what the board guru has explicitly stated.

59 Dano

No excuse. And for that manager, well, he needs to be squeezed on his SFA...

Hardly anyone here takes the SFA. They would rather keep a bad manager than to sink his score and, I don't know, get him demoted or forced to another station.

bbsam

Staff member
Let's not forget that Ground drivers do it because they are unprofessional, but Express couriers only do it because of extenuating circumstances. At least that's what the board guru has explicitly stated.

Let's also not forget that the consensus is that there IS NO EXCUSE for forgery and lack of integrity.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This thread started about Ground/Home. The more that's posted, the more it sounds Express is no different. Except we make higher profits.
You forgot about the crappy wages Ground pays so the drivers can rely on government assistance.

bbsam

Staff member
You forgot about the crappy wages Ground pays so the drivers can rely on government assistance.

Impossible to say. Contractors pay differently. My highest makes $1000/week, lowest $600/week, midrange $750 to $800. Low to mid range stand to make bonuses of $200 to $400 per month. Not sure if they qualify for government assistance, but I am guessing not. And considering Express limits to 35hr/week and has those crappy split shifts, my drivers may actually be better off at Ground than at Express.

DontThrowPackages

It is rampant at Express, which has higher standards, so why wouldn't it be widespread at Ground as well? The pressure to "get it done", and work during breaks can be intense, because bringing back unattempted pkgs (Code1's) is going to get you yelled at,.........................................

Back when the station would make a manager stand by the cage, to bark at us if we came in with too many 8's, I remember getting questioned why my dolly was full of un-delivereds. I replied, if you give me permission to leave these ASRs , I'll come back with an empty dolly everyday. That was the start of no more manager at the cage.
As for ISR, unless the neighbor is outside or making their way over to me, thats an 8 as well. No credit if either neighbor isn't home so why ruin my SPH..

Cactus

Impossible to say. Contractors pay differently. My highest makes $1000/week, lowest $600/week, midrange $750 to $800. Low to mid range stand to make bonuses of $200 to $400 per month. Not sure if they qualify for government assistance, but I am guessing not. And considering Express limits to 35hr/week and has those crappy split shifts, my drivers may actually be better off at Ground than at Express.
And tell us about the generous vacation time and insurance Ground offers.

bbsam

Staff member
And tell us about the generous vacation time and insurance Ground offers.
Two weeks paid. You're on your own for insurance. Thank God for Obamacare. But then again, you're moving the bar. You started off saying that all Ground driver require government assistance. That's not the case. So now you move to other areas, areas that you routinely bitch about but now tout as making Express the inherently better company to work for.

59 Dano

Two weeks paid. You're on your own for insurance. But then again, you're moving the bar. You started off saying that all Ground driver require government assistance.

A guy could always opt in to be covered under his wife's plan. Oh wait, his wife doesn't work. She stays at home with the 2 or 3 kids. Clearly, it's the responsibility of Ground/the ISP to support the who family. If they decide to have yet more kids, Ground/the ISP should be the ATM to pay that family's bills. Heaven forbid that the wife go to work or that either of them figure out what birth control is or come to the realization that getting knocked up (again) means more bills.

That's not the case. So now you move to other areas

Just another day at the BC...

BoxDriver

I get paid vacation, and insurance is offered. At the time I was covered by my wifes so I declined, then she lost her job. I searched around and it was still cheaper to find my own insurance.

HomeDelivery

2 weeks paid vacation? sucks that you're not in my terminal...

unpaid vacation is the norm around here. some do pay $50 for holidays & that's about it.

insurance is offered, but it's worth it when the wife has better coverage...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
A guy could always opt in to be covered under his wife's plan. Oh wait, his wife doesn't work. She stays at home with the 2 or 3 kids. Clearly, it's the responsibility of Ground/the ISP to support the who family. If they decide to have yet more kids, Ground/the ISP should be the ATM to pay that family's bills. Heaven forbid that the wife go to work or that either of them figure out what birth control is or come to the realization that getting knocked up (again) means more bills.

Just another day at the BC...

Spoken like a true GOP apologist. Hey, isn't Fred a big GOP supporter? My guess is that if you're in management, you had better say you're a Republican if you want to stay in their good graces. You obviously have your bases covered.

Here's an idea for you Dano. Pay a living wage (and benefits) and quit making it seem like these people just aren't working hard enough to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. That's Horatio Alger Libertarian crap. Ground is a big effing scam that Fred has foisted on the public, and you've got the big brass ones to try and blame the drivers.

Cactus

Oh I get it, every Ground family is set up exactly like you say. So in other words you think it's easy to survive on $450-$650 a week before taxes? Get a clue. But I'm sure that shills like you are well compensated so you're not worried about it anyway. By the way don't forget to wax Fred's limo tomorrow, Two coats. Chop, chop!
Two weeks paid. You're on your own for insurance. Thank God for Obamacare. But then again, you're moving the bar. You started off saying that all Ground driver require government assistance. That's not the case. So now you move to other areas, areas that you routinely bitch about but now tout as making Express the inherently better company to work for.
No different from your approach bbscam. You're always telling us how much better Ground is but when I point out the many deficiencies about working for Ground you go into defensive mode. Don't I recall you saying that "you'd never be a Ground driver?" By the way where's your extra volume you've been lu$ting over?