FedEx Home forges my signature on an ISR pkg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Spoken like a true GOP apologist. Hey, isn't Fred a big GOP supporter? My guess is that if you're in management, you had better say you're a Republican if you want to stay in their good graces. You obviously have your bases covered.

Here's an idea for you Dano. Pay a living wage (and benefits) and quit making it seem like these people just aren't working hard enough to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. That's Horatio Alger Libertarian crap. Ground is a big effing scam that Fred has foisted on the public, and you've got the big brass ones to try and blame the drivers.

It's not an employer's job to take you and your whole family to raise and care for. I've yet to find a Ground ISP that pays less than $30,000. If a guy can get a better paying job elsewhere with better benefits, why the hell isn't he taking it? If a $30,000 Ground gig is the best that he can do then the question should be why won't anyone else offer him anything better.

If a family isn't making enough money because one of the spouses doesn't want to work, that's not the employer's fault.

59 Dano

Oh I get it, every Ground family is set up exactly like you say. So in other words you think it's easy to survive on $450-$650 a week before taxes?

No, it's not that easy for a family to survive on that. That should be the 1st clue that maybe the wife needs to go to work for a while.

Get a clue. But I'm sure that shills like you are well compensated so you're not worried about it anyway. By the way don't forget to wax Fred's limo tomorrow, Two coats. Chop, chop!

You're a mature one, aren't you?

HomeDelivery

It's 1/2 that if you take load/sort, driving to 1st stop & dead-head back to terminal times for an HD driver... but not counting those times & just having ~10-15 SPORH then it bumps up to $15-17 per hour

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

No, it's not that easy for a family to survive on that. That should be the 1st clue that maybe the wife needs to go to work for a while.

You're a mature one, aren't you?

So now you're telling us how to run our family lives as well as work? You really need to come out to the real world...and I would love to see you tell his WIFE to her FACE that she needs to work. I would probably pay to see that....even better, come tell mine. She's angry about this one.

bbsam

Staff member
So now you're telling us how to run our family lives as well as work? You really need to come out to the real world...and I would love to see you tell his WIFE to her FACE that she needs to work. I would probably pay to see that....even better, come tell mine. She's angry about this one.
Is she hot?:happy-very:

CJinx

Maybe you need to come out into the read world, too. Both my parents worked full-time jobs to raise my sister and I. Why should your family be any different?

That being said, the same old crap applies here. If you don't feel that you're being compensated fairly for the work you do, then leave. If I hadn't been promoted a couple years back, I probably would have quit for something else too.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Maybe you need to come out into the read world, too. Both my parents worked full-time jobs to raise my sister and I. Why should your family be any different?

That being said, the same old crap applies here. If you don't feel that you're being compensated fairly for the work you do, then leave. If I hadn't been promoted a couple years back, I probably would have quit for something else too.[
/QUOTE]

So now you want to tell me how to run my house too? My wife's job is way more intense, stressful and underpaid than mine will ever be. She takes care of the house and kids plus goes to school. And no, I don't feel fairly compensated for what I do, but that's not my biggest concern. My biggest concern is the fact that I am full time and getting guarantee pay, and there are part timers getting 50+ hours a week.

Goldilocks

That being said, the same old crap applies here. If you don't feel that you're being compensated fairly for the work you do, then leave. If I hadn't been promoted a couple years back, I probably would have quit for something else too.[
/QUOTE]

So now you want to tell me how to run my house too? My wife's job is way more intense, stressful and underpaid than mine will ever be. She takes care of the house and kids plus goes to school. And no, I don't feel fairly compensated for what I do, but that's not my biggest concern. My biggest concern is the fact that I am full time and getting guarantee pay, and there are part timers getting 50+ hours a week.

That sounds like Bad Management to me! I dont blame you...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey, 2 FT courier incomes at Fedex is great! $24.73 dollars an hour plus time/half! Thank you Fred!!!

Just think how much more you'd have made if you didn't return to the station off the clock, or if your wages had kept pace with inflation? Your "benefactor" has been laughing all the way to the bank at your expense.

DontThrowPackages

I'm hearing over and over," if its so bad, then leave". Well we all know that can't happen in the current economy but if things get better in the country and options open up , you will see people leave for sure. I can picture a courier even putting the keys in the gas cap and telling dispatch the address of the truck so they can have someone take over the rte because he quits right now.

SmithBarney

MFE, I disagree with you on that one, top rate at FedEx in most locations is Fair, unfortunately CRR like Goldilocks enjoy their porridge while 50-75% of CRRs(Couriers hired in the last 15 years) are less than 50% of Range and have little hope of ever topping out.

On a side note the Market level thing is really screwy, why an unnamed luxury mountain town in WY, is at the same Market Level(B,II) as a Slum city in SC, I'll never know.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE, I disagree with you on that one, top rate at FedEx in most locations is Fair, unfortunately CRR like Goldilocks enjoy their porridge while 50-75% of CRRs(Couriers hired in the last 15 years) are less than 50% of Range and have little hope of ever topping out.

On a side note the Market level thing is really screwy, why an unnamed luxury mountain town in WY, is at the same Market Level(B,II) as a Slum city in SC, I'll never know.

I imagine that most, if not all Jackson Hole employees live in ID, and FedEx exploits that to the fullest extent possible.

59 Dano

So now you're telling us how to run our family lives as well as work?

Nope. I don't give a flying flip how you run your family life.

You really need to come out to the real world...and I would love to see you tell his WIFE to her FACE that she needs to work. I would probably pay to see that....even better, come tell mine. She's angry about this one.

I don't know who needs to work and who doesn't, nor do I care. It's a suggestion to those who get on here and cry about not making enough money to support a family on 1 income. That's not the employer's problem if there's only 1 person working. You don't get paid extra based on the size of your family or the work status of your spouse.

Common sense suggests that if 1 income isn't enough, another income might come in handy, but we won't tolerate any of that around here.

vantexan

Nope. I don't give a flying flip how you run your family life.

I don't know who needs to work and who doesn't, nor do I care. It's a suggestion to those who get on here and cry about not making enough money to support a family on 1 income. That's not the employer's problem if there's only 1 person working. You don't get paid extra based on the size of your family or the work status of your spouse.

Common sense suggests that if 1 income isn't enough, another income might come in handy, but we won't tolerate any of that around here.

I was listening to a right wing talk show host tonight lament our entitlement society. Seems the Obama administration wants to extend food stamp privileges to non-citizens, i.e. illegals. Considering our debt not a good idea, but that's not my point. She was going on and on about people taking handouts from government and it occurred to me that there's an underlying reason why, beyond the bad economy. Used to be that in many towns across this country a person could, if he chose to, get a good paying job in a local factory and work there 40 years. And these good paying jobs supported the local economy. Now we can talk all day about why those jobs disappeared, but fact is much if not most of the workforce today wasn't around when unions were pushing for better pay and companies were packing up and moving overseas. Today's worker only knows that it's very difficult to get into anything that pays without getting yourself into serious debt. And he's herded with the masses into corporate McJobs that really only allow one to exist. I believe in the value of hard work, but people aren't fools. They know there's little if any incentive to work hard at many of these companies. So it's no surprise that quite a few are looking for a way out and if the gov't is offering there are plenty of takers. The whole system seems predicated on the notion that people should be willing to live for the benefit of their company's leadership. And with so little opportunity to get ahead or even find another job it becomes necessary to be dependent on the very company that's taking advantage of them. So whether it's dependency on government or a corporation a very large portion of the population is being turned into the kind of exploited people that we fought a civil war over. A kinder, gentler version, but in order for these schemes to work it's necessary to have a compliant, docile underclass that accepts it's place. If you don't believe that look around. Where would Walmart, Office Depot, Target, mall stores, McDonald's, etc, etc be without the majority of their workforce being poorly paid? And FedEx is there with Ground, and getting closer every day with Express. So risk your neck in the military or in an oilfield, or get training in something that pays(but only so many of those jobs are available) or accept that for most disaster is a paycheck away, so keep your mouth shut and your nose clean and don't forget your place.

vantexan

Was told by a senior out west when discussing that very thing that FedEx doesn't base payscales on cost of living. It's a factor but not the first consideration. If a city has a diversified economy with good paying jobs available then to be competitive FedEx pays more. If a town like Jackson Hole has people looking for anything just to hang on and live there then FedEx pays less, and usually as little as possible. And then there are the very expensive areas of the country like the Northeast, West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii where for various reasons the cost of living is so high they have to pay more. But their first goal is to pay as little as possible and still attract workers. Years ago they eliminated the two lowest payscales because they just didn't pay enough. Then they figured out that all they have to do is raise starting pay to attract workers. So now you have situations where a person works for a couple of years and makes little more than a newhire as the starting pay was increased. And the lowest payscales, especially the lowest B payscale, are falling further and further behind the others since increasing starting or top-out is based on a percentage. For example 3% of $16 is 48 cents. 3% of $20 is 60 cents. So you can see that higher payscales year over year are pulling away from the lower ones. The company knows this, just another way they are screwing us.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I was listening to a right wing talk show host tonight lament our entitlement society. Seems the Obama administration wants to extend food stamp privileges to non-citizens, i.e. illegals. Considering our debt not a good idea, but that's not my point. She was going on and on about people taking handouts from government and it occurred to me that there's an underlying reason why, beyond the bad economy. Used to be that in many towns across this country a person could, if he chose to, get a good paying job in a local factory and work there 40 years. And these good paying jobs supported the local economy. Now we can talk all day about why those jobs disappeared, but fact is much if not most of the workforce today wasn't around when unions were pushing for better pay and companies were packing up and moving overseas. Today's worker only knows that it's very difficult to get into anything that pays without getting yourself into serious debt. And he's herded with the masses into corporate McJobs that really only allow one to exist. I believe in the value of hard work, but people aren't fools. They know there's little if any incentive to work hard at many of these companies. So it's no surprise that quite a few are looking for a way out and if the gov't is offering there are plenty of takers. The whole system seems predicated on the notion that people should be willing to live for the benefit of their company's leadership. And with so little opportunity to get ahead or even find another job it becomes necessary to be dependent on the very company that's taking advantage of them. So whether it's dependency on government or a corporation a very large portion of the population is being turned into the kind of exploited people that we fought a civil war over. A kinder, gentler version, but in order for these schemes to work it's necessary to have a compliant, docile underclass that accepts it's place. If you don't believe that look around. Where would Walmart, Office Depot, Target, mall stores, McDonald's, etc, etc be without the majority of their workforce being poorly paid? And FedEx is there with Ground, and getting closer every day with Express. So risk your neck in the military or in an oilfield, or get training in something that pays(but only so many of those jobs are available) or accept that for most disaster is a paycheck away, so keep your mouth shut and your nose clean and don't forget your place.[/QUOTE]

You are spot on sir. In decades past, you could work your way up from an entry-level position to upper management (even WITHOUT that vaunted college education) and know that unless you really were just a total screw-up, you would be able to retire from that company in 30-40 years. Also, the low paying retail jobs were the area for high school kids saving up for their first car, then move on to the factory where Mom and Dad, maybe even their Grandparents, worked. It was called "following in their footsteps". Now it's changed, most of the good paying blue collar jobs are overseas and you have to fight for those low paying retail jobs with the high school kids and a thousand other folks in the same position you are. I guess I am just waxing nostalgic. Hope it gets better for my kids, putting the young one through college is probably going to put me in the ground, but it'll be worth it.

59 Dano

So whether it's dependency on government or a corporation a very large portion of the population is being turned into the kind of exploited people that we fought a civil war over. A kinder, gentler version, but in order for these schemes to work it's necessary to have a compliant, docile underclass that accepts it's place. If you don't believe that look around. Where would Walmart, Office Depot, Target, mall stores, McDonald's, etc, etc be without the majority of their workforce being poorly paid?

These types of jobs existed back in the glory days when any fool could get a job at a factory and the pay stunk then, too.

And FedEx is there with Ground, and getting closer every day with Express. So risk your neck in the military or in an oilfield, or get training in something that pays(but only so many of those jobs are available) or accept that for most disaster is a paycheck away, so keep your mouth shut and your nose clean and don't forget your place.

That's the way it's always been when times were tight.

It's going to take another generation or 2 before we finally get rid of the idea that an employer takes an employee (and his family) to raise and care for until they die.