FedEx Nightmare

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
spoilers-1.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Go to this charting service http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com and input UPS compared to FDX and Transportation index(Dow Trans Index) for the last two years. A little less than two years ago (february 2018) Amazon announced its Amazon delivery service. You will see that while Fedex has lost 40% against the Dow Trans Index, UPS has held up quite nicely.

I find it telling that our unionized supposedly overpriced drivers are holding up so well compared to Fred Smiths cheap contractor non-employee model. Guess being a cheap prick doesn't always pay off!
The UPS driver does more by noon than the contractors do all day.

ThePackageDeli

What does a revenue loss in the billions of dollars look like for UPS?

I think that's a fair question. We'll see how this plays out.

Worst case scenario: 1000's of layoffs.

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

In a few years Anazon's logistic chain will be big enough to ship for Target, B&BW, Walmart, Newegg etc. And Amazon can force 3rd party sellers to ship with them and not us. They most definitely have the ability to take a large market share. And Amazon could simply buy BeyondMenu or any of those other meal delivery kit places. The Government should probably step in and put more regulations in place. Amazon is way too powerful. It's not just bad for UPS it's also bad for everyone.
I dont run a business. I'm not the smartest person in the world. However, there is no :censored2:ing way brick and mortar or any other serious player in retail will ever want to have Amazon ship their stuff.

clean hairy

I dont run a business. I'm not the smartest person in the world. However, there is no :censored2:ing way brick and mortar or any other serious player in retail will ever want to have Amazon ship their stuff.
I am waiting for the day they 100% ship their own stuff.
Make the promise "order by the 23rd, and delivered on the 24th"
What will be the excuses when they have no one else to blame for the failure to meet deadline?

rustys954rr

What will be the excuses when they have no one else to blame for the failure to meet deadline?
Or they just won't make that promise because they won't have anyone else to throw under the bus. They aren't stupid.

ThePackageDeli

Amazon doesn't have to gamble with same-day or 1-day shipping. It's guaranteed. Here's why:

(By the way, we should all be admiring the genius of this model and the impact it is having on the culture.)

Amazon only needs to offer same-day and 1-day shipping for products that Amazon has already determined are inventoried at the fulfillment center(s) closest to your location.

This means that Amazon has full control over which products it offers same-day or 1-day shipping on and which products it doesn't.

If you're wondering how they do this, they use your IP Address to fetch the most relevant search results based on your location.

ONLY the locally inventoried products will have same-day or 1-day shipping offered. They can't lose. It's brilliant.

If you're using a VPN though, the results may be skewed.

Last edited:

clean hairy

Amazon doesn't have to gamble with same-day or 1-day shipping. It's guaranteed. Here's why:

(By the way, we should all be admiring the genius of this model and the impact it is having on the culture.)

Amazon only needs to offer same-day and 1-day shipping for products that Amazon has already determined are inventoried at the fulfillment center(s) closest to your location.

This means that Amazon has full control over which products it offers same-day or 1-day shipping on and which products it doesn't.

If you're wondering how they do this, they use your IP Address to fetch the most relevant search results based on your location.

ONLY the locally inventoried products will have same-day or 1-day shipping offered. They can't lose. It's brilliant.

If you're using a VPN though, the results may be skewed.
If they are not staffed to handle all the deliveries, there will be a problem...