FEDEX Smart Post

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
hummmm, jimjamesjimmy? maybe you should go to work for fredex, if there so much cheaper, or spread the word to fellow employess so we all can go over there,man some people just dont get it i guess.

Umm, I was just stating that I thought it was a pretty rigid position to never buy from a company unless they use UPS to deliver their items. Though I would prefer that those I buy from ship to me using UPS, if they don't, I will still buy from them if I cannot find the item I want from another vendor at the same price or lower.

As for using UPS myself, I stated I would never use FedEx but I do use the Post Office. As do we all at some level even it is just for letters.

barnyard

KTM rider
I am going to eat some crow and thank the OP for posting. I honestly did not realize there was that substantial a difference between UPS and FE regarding basic services.

It also explains why I have never seen the FE dude at the PO. Even though DHL hit the PO at a different time than me, I knew about when he was there and generally how much volume he left (it was generally, quite a bit more than me.)

Thanks all for the explanations.

TB

i always ask when i call to order anything,, do you ship ups? if not i polietly ask why not . i know its not the person im talking to fault, and i tell them ill have to buy elsewhere that does use ups. i belive you stated in early comment that its not convient for you to use your center to ship from? well ours is the same way, so i went to the c.m and told him about this, let it be known , if you get no response from him, and ya see a suit walking around tell him also. with the economy the way it is, each and every package really counts. i do use the p.o for letters , but anything else i use my bread and butter, i would rather spend a extra 5 bucks shipping a box, and still get that pay check.

barnyard

KTM rider
My wife works for a high volume UPS shipper. I have her ship my stuff. It is usually quite a bit cheaper than USPS as an added bonus.

TB

scoutjumper

Love it or hate it, UPS pays my bills, I would never buy something from a company that did not ship UPS. Notice I said "I". How anyone else spend their money is up to them. I'm not for spreading the wealth. I like to keep it in the family.

AKCoverMan

I was told that you can submit yourself as a sales lead, have an account opened for yourself and get a pretty decemt discount. I guess you used to have to show some volume before getting a discount but not anymore.

H_E_Pennypacker

Large Member
What is fedex smartpost? I ordered an item from a company in Texas and they would only ship via fedex smartpost. I cannot believe that companies or customers find this service acceptable. This item shipped on Dec 4th and is still in transit as of the 12th. I ordered another item from a company in Memphis and they shipped it UPS ground - it will be here in 4 days with a weekend thrown in for good measure. I did contact the fedex shipper but they did not want me to turn in a lead.

http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=02185456301030769943

I guess some people just don't care about service.

SmartPost and Basic primarily target the smaller lighter weight packages. FedEx and UPS have trouble competing with the USPS in the 1-5 pound range. The USPS offers big discounts in those weights.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
always ask to have it shipped UPS. if they say no, put in a sales lead.

i have cancelled a brooks brothers order for a new shirt because it was coming fedex. believe it or not, they eventually called back and said they would ship it for free if I would just place my order.

i had to accept it (needed the shirt), but I also got the customer service person's managers name and submitted a sales lead.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
nope, closed as "not interested". dont worry, I submit it every few weeks just so the call center will call them.

if they were in my district, they would be shipping UPS already :)

rwsmith67

always ask to have it shipped UPS. if they say no, put in a sales lead.

i have cancelled a brooks brothers order for a new shirt because it was coming fedex. believe it or not, they eventually called back and said they would ship it for free if I would just place my order.

i had to accept it (needed the shirt), but I also got the customer service person's managers name and submitted a sales lead.

rwsmith67

Sales Guy, I also cancelled some clothes from Brooks Bros. for the same reason, they used to ship with us, I guess FDX low balled our price, oh well, Jos. A Bank uses us exclusively and I started buying from them.:laughing: