FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

fatboy33

Last spring we went deep sea fishing and caught caught Mingo Snapper and had a good time. I like Crappie fishing back home a little better though. Not sure what a Dorados is, I assume it's a drink of some type. Not a big drinker myself.

Did have a blast at Disney though. Crowds were moderate and weather was flawless. Off to Atlanta tomorrow for a trip to the Aquarium and the World of Coke before spending the weekend at the racetrack for this weekends race.
In Mexico, they call dolphin fish, "Dorardo". It translates to Golden in English. Best Tasting fish imo.

Serf

Not just any other Thursday at Express. But a Thursday in which I walk in, go upstairs, look for my check in my Managers mailbox. Open sesame. Another step increase in pay. Savour the flavor, because it will be a long 18 months until another one comes.:euro:

BootsOnTarmac

I believe you will be surprised with no increase in this weeks paycheck. Hours reported between April fools and this coming Saturday will have the raise paid out next week.

Have a nice day.

Oldfart

Not just any other Thursday at Express. But a Thursday in which I walk in, go upstairs, look for my check in my Managers mailbox. Open sesame. Another step increase in pay. Savour the flavor, because it will be a long 18 months until another one comes.:euro:
Would you rather get the raise Oct. 1.

Serf

I believe you will be surprised with no increase in this weeks paycheck. Hours reported between April fools and this coming Saturday will have the raise paid out next week.

Have a nice day.
I stand corrected. I could have sworn they said 26 March it goes in. No worries.

Oldfart

Would you rather have gotten a real raise in October? Or are you happy with just a bonus check???
If step 10 got a raise, people would complain because they would be further away from topping out. I would rather have a raise but I understand why we didn't get 1. I will take my $1000 bonus and be happy.

People are still complaining about getting a raise now instead of October. They need to break out a calculator and see how getting a raise now is better than October. Even if you do have to wait 18 months for the next raise. Do the math.

Meat

If step 10 got a raise, people would complain because they would be further away from topping out. I would rather have a raise but I understand why we didn't get 1. I will take my $1000 bonus and be happy.

People are still complaining about getting a raise now instead of October. They need to break out a calculator and see how getting a raise now is better than October. Even if you do have to wait 18 months for the next raise. Do the math.

I think people are more disappointed with the fact that jobs that were once on the cusp of being upper-middle-class are completely disappearing - affordable (free?) healthcare, profit sharing, and defined pensions are a thing of the past. Why wouldn’t your average worker be a little miserable?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think people are more disappointed with the fact that jobs that were once on the cusp of being upper-middle-class are completely disappearing - affordable (free?) healthcare, profit sharing, and defined pensions are a thing of the past. Why wouldn’t your average worker be a little miserable?
Totally agree.

Oldfart

Would you also agree, assuming that OF is in earnest regarding his wealth, that he had a little help along the way (i.e. inheritance), despite his proclamations that his economic status is self-made?
Indeed I did get an inheritance. My aunt died a few years ago and she left her estate to all her nieces and nephews. I got $1700 and used it to fly my family to Disney. Had to put about another $1700 with it to have a good time.

Oldfart

Free healthcare? Who has that?
So you are miserable because Obama made insurance premiums skyrocket? How is that Fedex fault?

I have seen post on here about Ramp Agents making 6 figures.

Others saying couriers were close to that in certain markets with OT.

FT topped out couriers are in the 60k to 80k salary range. I would consider that upper middle class. Stay away from Starbucks and quit driving cars that cost a years salary and maybe you can live large.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Indeed I did get an inheritance. My aunt died a few years ago and she left her estate to all her nieces and nephews. I got $1700 and used it to fly my family to Disney. Had to put about another $1700 with it to have a good time.

What's up with everyone "mourning" the death of a loved one with a vacation to Disney?