FedEx to give employees bonuses, raises, 401k

Oldfart

I like Disney. I just think that it sends the wrong message when we mourn someone’s death by flying the family to Orlando.
It's not like I left the funeral and boarded a plane. It was months after the funeral and the will was read that I got the money. We upgraded our previously planned drive to a flight. I hope my kids do something fun and bucket list material with the money I leave them. Have fun with it.

Serf

Free healthcare? Who has that?
So you are miserable because Obama made insurance premiums skyrocket? How is that Fedex fault?

I have seen post on here about Ramp Agents making 6 figures.

Others saying couriers were close to that in certain markets with OT.

FT topped out couriers are in the 60k to 80k salary range. I would consider that upper middle class. Stay away from Starbucks and quit driving cars that cost a years salary and maybe you can live large.
This is actually quite good. Folks should learn more about self actualization than self image actualization.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Indeed I did get an inheritance. My aunt died a few years ago and she left her estate to all her nieces and nephews. I got $1700 and used it to fly my family to Disney. Had to put about another $1700 with it to have a good time.

Disney World/Disney Land thinks that everyone that walks through their gates is a millionaire.

$20 for a hot dog, fries and a drink? friend that.

It will be fine

Disney World/Disney Land thinks that everyone that walks through their gates is a millionaire.

I've never tried at Disney, but many theme parks teach their staff to "replace" food if you go up and say you dropped it. It avoids people making a scene and getting upset.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...which is why you stay in Buena Vista at a hotel that lets kids eat for free....you then eat a huge breakfast and dinner at the hotel....

Oldfart

My wife had free healthcare with her old job.

I would have no problem with my ids going to Disney, or anywhere else they choose, with the money I leave them when I pass. That's what it's for.
Her OLD job. How long ago was that? I dont believe UPS gets free insurance and everyone here wants what they have. I could be wrong about their insurance not being free. Free family coverage is a bonus if you can find it. Good luck finding it. Maybe join the military.

Meat

Her OLD job. How long ago was that? I dont believe UPS gets free insurance and everyone here wants what they have. I could be wrong about their insurance not being free. Free family coverage is a bonus if you can find it. Good luck finding it. Maybe join the military.

You’re focusing on a single aspect of my post. I also mentioned AFFORDABLE health care. The current high deductible coverage is a shell of the plan offerered 5 plus years ago.

Oldfart

You’re focusing on a single aspect of my post. I also mentioned AFFORDABLE health care. The current high deductible coverage is a shell of the plan offerered 5 plus years ago.
YOU are the one that said your wife got FREE health care at her old job. Once I questioned that, you now back peddle. What gives?

Find one person who isn't paying 25% or even 50% more in insurance premiums today than they were 5 years ago. It isn't isolated to FDX.

Meat

YOU are the one that said your wife got FREE health care at her old job. Once I questioned that, you now back peddle. What gives?

Find one person who isn't paying 25% or even 50% more in insurance premiums today than they were 5 years ago. It isn't isolated to FDX.

I don’t recall complaining about occupational status in my entire life.