FedEx workplace intimidation

GoodGrief

All I said was "welcome to the reality of FedEx". Even though this guy comes-off as inarticulate, what he says is right on the money. Pretty hard to refute the video.

Thank you. It may be your reality, but it's not mine....so I hope you can see how I may be a little skeptical.

bbsam

Staff member
Exactly, except FedEx is above the law.
Perhaps. But a stupid internet video goes absolutely nowhere positive. This guy could have an OLCC file full of crap. He could have a history of baiting the supervisors into these outbursts. None of that makes it OK, but if he had a case it should be in the lap of OSHA.

Goldilocks

I dont get why this guy had to make a video of himself, swearing, drinking and looking like trash. However, he does tell the truth. I think he should have come on told the facts showed the video without all the swearing, liquor, tatoos. Gosh, can we have a good video of a decent guy speaking. Good Lord....

bbsam

Staff member
He does tell his side of the truth. I'd be willing to hear the supervisor's side of it...provided he's not drunk and cursing.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
He does tell his side of the truth. I'd be willing to hear the supervisor's side of it...provided he's not drunk and cursing.
Why? Most managers are gonna lie anyway. That's how they're taught down at Fred's School Of Charm.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The fact that he is a punk is beside the point. The truth is that FedEx (Express) is an abusive employer.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
This could have really been good. The guy had a great message.

Unfortunately he completely blew it by coming across as an inarticulate, low-life buffoon.

He does not represent me, and I'm sure he doesn't represent most of you (at least I hope). We need to express our displeasure for the way things are going, but to go off like loose cannons such as this fool has done, will do nothing but cause people to roll their eyes at us all.

He could have actually had something genuinely useful there had he just played the video, put on a shirt, removed the hat, left the joy juice alone and spoken coherently into the camera.

But instead he chose to blow it, and unfortunately it reflects poorly on all of us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dont get why this guy had to make a video of himself, swearing, drinking and looking like trash. However, he does tell the truth. I think he should have come on told the facts showed the video without all the swearing, liquor, tatoos. Gosh, can we have a good video of a decent guy speaking. Good Lord....

Google "wigger", or check the definition of the word at UrbanDictionary.com, and you'll get a idea of what this assclown is, or is trying to be. Bad ass...not. Ass...YES.

FedEx2000

This is the same maroon who was taking video of himself driving around doing pups and talking to the camera while doing so, and posting it on YouTube. Take a bottle of water with you in your side pocket, problem solved. And like he said, they were almost done.....he really couldn't wait a few minutes to get a drink after they finished? You live in FL, you know it gets hot.....plan better.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is the same maroon who was taking video of himself driving around doing pups and talking to the camera while doing so, and posting it on YouTube. Take a bottle of water with you in your side pocket, problem solved. And like he said, they were almost done.....he really couldn't wait a few minutes to get a drink after they finished? You live in FL, you know it gets hot.....plan better.

That's not the point, Mr. Manager. If you need a freaking drink of water, you should have a freaking drink of water available to you. Not across the facility, not in the breakroom, but where you are actually working. Did you leave your humanity at the door when you joined the management team? If he didn't act like such a liitle street punk, his message would have sounded a lot more credible. However, that doesn't diminish the fact that he's right about FedEx being an oppressive sheethole.

vantexan

That's not the point, Mr. Manager. If you need a freaking drink of water, you should have a freaking drink of water available to you. Not across the facility, not in the breakroom, but where you are actually working. Did you leave your humanity at the door when you joined the management team? If he didn't act like such a liitle street punk, his message would have sounded a lot more credible. However, that doesn't diminish the fact that he's right about FedEx being an oppressive sheethole.

If he didn't act like a street punk no one would notice. He's selling an idea, and people take notice. Pretty clever on his part. Almost a human cartoon.

Goldilocks

Google "wigger", or check the definition of the word at UrbanDictionary.com, and you'll get a idea of what this assclown is, or is trying to be. Bad ass...not. Ass...YES.

Just googled 'wigger', what an ass and beside that, he's too old to be acting like that, and does not represent the majority of 'US'. I am glad he video taped what happened but once he opened his mouth all credibility was lost.

vantexan

Just googled 'wigger', what an ass and beside that, he's too old to be acting like that, and does not represent the majority of 'US'. I am glad he video taped what happened but once he opened his mouth all credibility was lost.

But y'all can't stop talking about him.

CJinx

The manager was probably a tyrant(hey, most dock managers are) but we don't have the full story. Whos to say this guy wasn't slacking off and this is the 30th water break of the day? We have package handlers in my station that leave their posts 5-6 times a morning to get another cup of coffee(3-4 hours a shift).

Now.. Those trailers can get freaking hot in the summer months. I agree that water should be made available. Stations should invest in an ice machine or something; fill up a cooler with ice and pass out bottled water to the guys.

FedEx2000

Did I say he shouldn't have water? No. Just saying that it's FL, it gets hot...take a bottle of water with you when you know there isn't a water source nearby to where you will be working......instead it gets blown way out of proportion. Do you take water with you on-road? My guess would be yes so that you don't have to stop 10-20 times a day to get a drink somewhere.......think ahead, it will eliminate a lot of problems.

STFXG

Management needs to install water coolers in every truck so water is readily available. I can't believe they haven't all ready! What a horrible company! OSHA violation!!!