fedex

throwaway10

Sometimes I like to moonwalk back from the Ring doorbells.
I always sing the same song... hoping that one day I'll go viral...
BTW the RING interface is so slow, if the customer is using their smartphone they usually don't answer until I'm back at the truck. I hear them saying "HELLO HELLO"

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Which is why I made more $ than working a full day at my HD route

View attachment 136717
Caught this in time; rear pads almost destroying the rotors if allowed to go in service for another week.

funny thing is the pads should either has a squealing tab or an electric plug to alert the driver of thinning brakes pads.

None were present on this Ford.View attachment 136719

The thick rotor was not scored at all, so easy pads replacement were just needed. Lucky for that subcontractor!
If you didn't break the glaze on the rotors you compromise your stopping ability.

SmithBarney

No one will prosecute you for taking it, that doesn't change the fact that it represents revenue that I have every right to earn. Taking that freight takes money out of my pocket. Legality aside, that's theft.
You have the right to work at McDonalds but you don't.(someone else will)
You have the right to pickup that package but you won't.(someone else will)

Regardless of what you think your "rights" are, the customer comes first and always should so if an Express CRR sees a System Failure, ie package sitting for days, and customer says they've called, then yes the CRR has the right to serve the customer if they want to.

I don't pick up ground, unless the situation requires it, ie system failure.(see above) I need to make my customers happy even if it means fixing a Ground failure. Had a customer tell me their ground driver "explained" that he knew there was a pickup, but wasn't going to get it until he had a delivery for them..

It will be fine

You have the right to work at McDonalds but you don't.(someone else will)
You have the right to pickup that package but you won't.(someone else will)

Regardless of what you think your "rights" are, the customer comes first and always should so if an Express CRR sees a System Failure, ie package sitting for days, and customer says they've called, then yes the CRR has the right to serve the customer if they want to.

I don't pick up ground, unless the situation requires it, ie system failure.(see above) I need to make my customers happy even if it means fixing a Ground failure. Had a customer tell me their ground driver "explained" that he knew there was a pickup, but wasn't going to get it until he had a delivery for them..
It's not your freight. If a customer actually calls in and schedules a pickup it doesn't get missed. The penalties are too high. I haven't had a missed pickup in years. Tell the customer to call in, call your dispatch to let Ground know so they can schedule a pickup. Taking the freight yourself is taking money from someone else, period. There are ample solutions that don't involve theft. Ground is not your company, its problems are not yours to solve.

MAKAVELI

It's not your freight. If a customer actually calls in and schedules a pickup it doesn't get missed. The penalties are too high. I haven't had a missed pickup in years. Tell the customer to call in, call your dispatch to let Ground know so they can schedule a pickup. Taking the freight yourself is taking money from someone else, period. There are ample solutions that don't involve theft. Ground is not your company, its problems are not yours to solve.
What you fail to understand is that customer is our customer as well. And as far as most are concerned they don't care which OPCO is supposed to pick it up. Ground's failures reflect negatively on the company as a whole. So when it comes down to choosing us or UPS they may just choose UPS causing a loss of business for Express. So in essence that Ground driver who fails to pick up pkgs is stealing $ and business from Express.

dezguy

Man, some of you guys take too much ownership in a company you don't own.

My customers? Last time I checked, they were FedEx's customers. I'm just the guy FedEx pays to drive around in their truck.

As I said before, this is the system FedEx has set up and, as far as I'm concerned, they deserve exactly what they get.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always sing the same song... hoping that one day I'll go viral...
BTW the RING interface is so slow, if the customer is using their smartphone they usually don't answer until I'm back at the truck. I hear them saying "HELLO HELLO"

Kind of like the old people who are still yelling "Come in!!" as I am making my way back to the pkg car.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ground driver did the right thing... you didn't. You don't pickup something that has been delivered without a new label or a call tag.

Well WDFD, I'm still there...QA clerk said that was OK since both shipper and customer knew it was going RTS.

we got slammed and I bricked out my van to 158 out of the 160 packages that I squeezed and filled out the passenger seat as well. Clocked out at 23:00

Volume not coming down anytime soon, feels like peak without the snow, ugh

Ps, yea I know about deglazing a rotor by using sandpaper to put a non-directional finish so the new pads can be properly "bedded" to the rotors.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You as a Fedex employee going in and taking that package removes the opportunity for me to earn that revenue.

"This package has been here for 3 days. PLEASE take it."

Express gets a small amount of revenue for each Ground package that we pick up and transfer to Ground. The revenue is there for whichever opco gets to it first.

If I were in your shoes this wouldn't be a much of a problem.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There is a real estate office on my route that every time I go there, someone different asks me to take a Ground package. I told them to call it in or drop it off. It's been about a week now and the package is still sitting there. Next time I go in there I'm going to grab it. Lol.

upschuck

There is a real estate office on my route that every time I go there, someone different asks me to take a Ground package. I told them to call it in or drop it off. It's been about a week now and the package is still sitting there. Next time I go in there I'm going to grab it. Lol.
They will win the battle of wills, don't do it.