fedex

MAKAVELI

It's not a high horse to tell people to leave Ground to Ground. That should be clear.

We used to get bitchy calls from the local Express if we took their stuff.
You got bitchy calls most likely because the package missed the outbound CTV/ feeder. If we pick up your package it most likely goes out that same night.

It will be fine

I may be wrong but I'm guessing whatever they are picking up is from the night before. By the time most ground drivers get back is past our CTV times.
That's the opposite of how it is around here. We pickup from the express stations at 5, well before most of them get back. Express does their last sweep of us at 7, same time they do Kinkos.

throwaway10

Express can't pick up Ground because of past lawsuits(Ground Contractors want their penny, even if it takes them 2 days to get around to getting the package)

Ground Shouldn't touch Express because of accountability, package is un-trackable until it hits the express system.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ground Shouldn't touch Express because of accountability, package is un-trackable until it hits the express system.

Which is why I inform those customers who try to give me their airmail envelopes... "U can't track them until 24-48 hours after u give it to a ground or HD driver"

"Does it really have to get there overnight or is this a return shipper deal which u don't give 'a flying :censored2: ' when it gets back to them?" will be my following statement...

to either service the customer or give him/her a blank status door tag to call that 800# and ask for an "airmail pickup"

throwaway10

Which is why I inform those customers who try to give me their airmail envelopes... "airmail pickup"
Airmail what's airmail..
hehe, I point to the [G] or [H] on the label and say "I'm not permitted to take those, I wish I could, but the Express and Ground are not the same company" If it goes on a few days and the package is still sitting, I may take it from a regular customer.

Ground for the most part takes forever to get pickups.

Ran into a ground driver the other day outside of a pickup(in the hallway at a office)
I said "hey they have one in there for you too"(customer was holding door for me)
his immediate response was "I can't don't have a hand truck."
I said "it might be all of 2lbs"
Mr Ground "well I guess I can grab it.."

I mean WTF really, if your first instinct is to avoid work, you are in the wrong business..

OrioN

Airmail what's airmail..
hehe, I point to the [G] or [H] on the label and say "I'm not permitted to take those, I wish I could, but the Express and Ground are not the same company" If it goes on a few days and the package is still sitting, I may take it from a regular customer.

lol, well you guys are airline workers, yes!?! i'm training my customers that Express= Airmail

i grabbed a ground pickup from a residential customer on Saturday.

me: did you called it in for a ground or HD pickup?

customer: yes on thurs, for a friday pickup...

me: i didn't get the call and the ground driver doesn't work on saturdays... looks at the box, no pickup barcode on the box, i guess he got confused and left it.

customer: oops, sorry about that ~ this was not ordered/ wrong item sent

me: DEX 006 on the original barcode on the box, chose the proper reason, have them signed it. gave them the PAL sticker with the original tracking number, and filled out the date/station# as their receipt. Told them to wait until Wed to start tracking it since i'm off Mon & Tues

yea throwaway, i don't know why those guys / gals at Ground are lazy to just scan the "unlisted pickups" and add it to their day (maybe they don't have time/room in their big stepvans for their regular scheduled pickups) <shrugs>

OrioN

And I'm sure every ground driver makes it back before 7. Lmfao

it all depends on the route and how far away from the station it is... i'm in a mixed rural route, but i drive lots of miles and have my orion trace to have my last stop closest to my home instead of traveling back to the station. The QA clerks can process my sendagains and my rare one to 3 pickups in the morning...

off to do some brake jobs and oil changes! gotta compensate for the LWOP day off today

MAKAVELI

it all depends on the route and how far away from the station it is... i'm in a mixed rural route, but i drive lots of miles and have my orion trace to have my last stop closest to my home instead of traveling back to the station. The QA clerks can process my sendagains and my rare one to 3 pickups in the morning...

off to do some brake jobs and oil changes! gotta compensate for the LWOP day off today
I'll put it this way you guys don't have a hard cut off time to be back at your station to bring back Express outbound. So if it doesn't make it, oh well it doesn't make it.

OrioN

well, Ground does have a semi-hard (or semi-soft, whichever way you see things) return to base times, for their pickups.

HD, they'll process the pickups, DEX006 (RTS), HAL diversions in the AM during/after the sort

bonus: 2 hours of wrenching 2 brake jobs and 2 oil changes = to about a 10-11 hour day on my route (mebbe i chose the wrong job)

MAKAVELI

well, Ground does have a semi-hard (or semi-soft, whichever way you see things) return to base times, for their pickups.

HD, they'll process the pickups, DEX006 (RTS), HAL diversions in the AM during/after the sort

bonus: 2 hours of wrenching 2 brake jobs and 2 oil changes = to about a 10-11 hour day on my route (mebbe i chose the wrong job)
Hopefully you're charging him a mechanic's hourly rate.

STFXG

lol, well you guys are airline workers, yes!?! i'm training my customers that Express= Airmail

i grabbed a ground pickup from a residential customer on Saturday.

me: did you called it in for a ground or HD pickup?

customer: yes on thurs, for a friday pickup...

me: i didn't get the call and the ground driver doesn't work on saturdays... looks at the box, no pickup barcode on the box, i guess he got confused and left it.

customer: oops, sorry about that ~ this was not ordered/ wrong item sent

me: DEX 006 on the original barcode on the box, chose the proper reason, have them signed it. gave them the PAL sticker with the original tracking number, and filled out the date/station# as their receipt. Told them to wait until Wed to start tracking it since i'm off Mon & Tues

yea throwaway, i don't know why those guys / gals at Ground are lazy to just scan the "unlisted pickups" and add it to their day (maybe they don't have time/room in their big stepvans for their regular scheduled pickups) <shrugs>

Ground driver did the right thing... you didn't. You don't pickup something that has been delivered without a new label or a call tag.

OrioN

Ooh, so I can finally get dq? Heh, I put in the service cross to RTS, didn't order item. It did count as an additional stop when I finished at my end-of-day close out

I shall see Wednesday if I'll still be driving for my investor-class bosses...

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's not a high horse to tell people to leave Ground to Ground. That should be clear.

We used to get bitchy calls from the local Express if we took their stuff.
Labeling anyone not Ground who picks up a Ground package as a thief IS a high horse in my book.

OrioN

Hopefully you're charging him a mechanic's hourly rate.

Which is why I made more $ than working a full day at my HD route

DSC_0012.JPG

Caught this in time; rear pads almost destroying the rotors if allowed to go in service for another week.

funny thing is the pads should either has a squealing tab or an electric plug to alert the driver of thinning brakes pads.

None were present on this Ford.
DSC_0014.JPG

The thick rotor was not scored at all, so easy pads replacement were just needed. Lucky for that subcontractor!