Feeder driver

djones264

I done my drug test and dot physical on Wednesday February 17th for one of the 50 feeder driver jobs out of Charlotte NC. Should I have gotten a call yet or be patient. I got and email on Thursday the 18th they were starting my background check. Never been arrested or anything bad. A few tickets for speeding when I was 16 and 17. But that’s been over 30 years ago.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Thank you. Sorry to be impatient. I should know that. It took 3 months to get background check and everything for my job at Abf Freight. Great company but Ups is better. I’ve been at Abf 8 years
Nice, well I guess you’re familiar with how long these processes can take
I’m dying to know, do they hold interviews anymore for even feeder drivers?
Or was it just come in and fill out a form to take a road test here is your Dr.’s appointment

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Or was it just come in and fill out a form to take a road test here is your Dr.’s appointment
The road test is your interview.

Driver7906

Now you wait for them to send you to the DMV to get your CDL learners permit, which you have to test for. After you attain that, you can begin the class. The training isn’t easy but it’s more than worth it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Now you wait for them to send you to the DMV to get your CDL learners permit, which you have to test for. After you attain that, you can begin the class. The training isn’t easy but it’s more than worth it.
Dudes been driving for ABF the last 8 years, I'm reasonably sure he's already got his CDL.

djones264

I went in. Filled out paperwork. Took drug test there at Ups facility as they were streamlining the process and brought in the drug tester to the facility. Filed out more paperwork went to Fast med and got my dot physical. Now just waiting for background check to be completed. I did all that in one day on February 17th. Told us starting pay and pay progression and how things worked bid wise and emphasized driving at night. Which I love driving at night, less traffic less chances for backups due to accidents

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I went in. Filled out paperwork. Took drug test there at Ups facility as they were streamlining the process and brought in the drug tester to the facility. Filed out more paperwork went to Fast med and got my dot physical. Now just waiting for background check to be completed. I did all that in one day on February 17th. Told us starting pay and pay progression and how things worked bid wise and emphasized driving at night. Which I love driving at night, less traffic less chances for backups due to accidents
Another thing that typically slows them down is the number of driver trainers available. If they are attempting to fill that many positions simultaneously the fact that you’ve got a union job currently may keep them from giving you first priority. In other words they’ll come back to you later due to the fact that they think your a sure thing. Hang in there brother, you’ll get your shot.

Fuzzy Brown

They will ask you to recite the 5 seeing habits and the 10 point commentary word for word first day, if you can’t you’ll be gone.
The feeder boss over Charlotte is a real stickler for that.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They will ask you to recite the 5 seeing habits and the 10 point commentary word for word first day, if you can’t you’ll be gone.
The feeder boss over Charlotte is a real stickler for that.
I was never asked once to recite the 5 and 10. That’s more of a package thing. In feeders, they are sticklers for your pretrip. Word for word, just like the 5 and 10 is for package. Funny enough, I was never asked to perform a pretrip for package. They just signed everybody off on it. 🤷‍♂️

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was never asked once to recite the 5 and 10. That’s more of a package thing. In feeders, they are sticklers for your pretrip. Word for word, just like the 5 and 10 is for package. Funny enough, I was never asked to perform a pretrip for package. They just signed everybody off on it. 🤷‍♂️
We had to know all the DOK verbatim including the 5 and 10.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
We had to know all the DOK verbatim including the 5 and 10.
I guess for smaller hubs and centers they can be more selective. You can’t be too picky when you need to get from 450 to 750 drivers in 4 years.

djones264

I will be out of Charlotte hub
Pretty much what you said. Come in. 10 min interview. Filled out paperwork. Don’t drug test and went over to get a dot physical as I already had one good for another year but ups wanted a new one. They said would run background check and if everything good, they would call. They called today. 13 days after interview. I start this Monday March 8th

Fuzzy Brown

If you started feeders in Charlotte over the past 5 years you would, there were 4 people in 3 years from my barn get sent home day one for not knowing them word for word.