Feeder Driving Test

oldngray

nowhere special
groundhog.gif

Like the groundhog "Phil"?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I don't have much info on area 2. I heard that the runs are not as long. So more 8hr days. I doubt you would be making much the first 4 years. Expect a significant pay cut and a lot of unpaid travel time to the locations listed to start your day.

"Phil"

I don't have much info on area 2. I heard that the runs are not as long. So more 8hr days. I doubt you would be making much the first 4 years. Expect a significant pay cut and a lot of unpaid travel time to the locations listed to start your day.
Significant pay cut, compared to what? Was told I will have more overtime than I can handle. I am sure I will find out, but any idea where Area 2 runs go to?

"Phil"

Once you have all the preliminaries done, is there a short training period?

silenze

Significant pay cut, compared to what? Was told I will have more overtime than I can handle. I am sure I will find out, but any idea where Area 2 runs go to?
Your going to be working half the year. all nights. When there is no work they will make you work a split shift inside loading or unloading trailers. 60hrs is a thing of the past. They broker out all the extra loads now at peak. They will expect you to be available everyday and only give you an hour notice to come in. All while being treated like a piece of trash. Welcome to ups.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Your going to be working half the year. all nights. When there is no work they will make you work a split shift inside loading or unloading trailers. 60hrs is a thing of the past. They broker out all the extra loads now at peak. They will expect you to be available everyday and only give you an hour notice to come in. All while being treated like a piece of trash. Welcome to ups.
Oh c'mon, it's not that bad.... We still get 60 hours here if we want it.

"Phil"

They can give me an hour notice for work, but that will not be likely as I live 45 minutes from La Crosse, others are farther. So I get there when I can.

"Phil"

Other than the slow times from January to April, what other slow times might there be. I know you are Area 1, but just curious if it is similar to Area 2.

silenze

Other than the slow times from January to April, what other slow times might there be. I know you are Area 1, but just curious if it is similar to Area 2.
Entirely depends on when the drivers above you take vacations.

barnyard

KTM rider
If you cannot bump a dock or parallel park a trailer, you should not pass.

The job that I covered last week built 3 sets a night and put 6-8 trailers on doors.