Feeder Pay??

spif91

Just curious, I'm a ramp transport driver for FedEx Express here in SoCal. What does a topped out feeder driver that drivers a tractor trailer to and from the airport make?

For example I have been driving for Express for just over 12 years and I make slightly more than 22 an hour.

Thanks, a pro union FedEx driver.

29.79 triples here in oklahoma
28.99 doubles
28.25 for a pup

705red

Browncafe Steward
Thanks. I knew I was making less than you guys, I just wanted to know how much less, especially since this "brown bailout" stuff has started. They put a flyer out at work trying to tell us that we made MORE than an air driver. LOL
They are comparing you with our part time air drivers who make $23 an hour. Our fulltime air drivers make package scale which right now is $28.90 an hour, feeder a little over $29 an hour, inside 22.3 at about $23 an hour. Fedex becoming union.....PRICELESS!

tae111

I did package for over 20 years before I went to feeders. I should have gone much earlier. 29.87- 30.72 for doubles

UnconTROLLed

perfection
They are comparing you with our part time air drivers who make $23 an hour. Our fulltime air drivers make package scale which right now is $28.90 an hour, feeder a little over $29 an hour, inside 22.3 at about $23 an hour. Fedex becoming union.....PRICELESS!

No, our fulltime air drivers ( at least OUTSIDE of 705) are making 23.32/hr top rate until Aug 1 2009.

Our part-time air drivers are making $2/hr less than full-time air drivers ( around 21) Inside 22.3 and full-time air drivers have the same pay scale.

b. Full-time air drivers will be paid as follows:
Start $13.50
Seniority $14.50
Seniority Date plus 12 months $15.00
Seniority Date plus 18 months $15.50
Seniority Date plus 24 months Top rate
1. Effective August 1, 2008, the prior $22.62 twenty-four (24) month (top) rate will change on August
1st and February 1st of each year of the Agreement

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Even better is feeder scale without the feeder physique or hours. I drive an automatic 1000 cube and pull a TP60 out to a satelite. As of right now my scale is 29.32, which translates to feeder scale for pulling only one trailor. Dont get me wrong when the temps hit in the three digits and I'm sweating my rear off I am a little jealous of your A.C., but that is short lived when I'm leaving work in the afternoon and I see Feeder coming to work. My hats off to you guys who can do that, but its deffinitely not for me.

paidover95

the feeder work is great compared to pkg,but if you cant sleep during the day and dont have the senority to get a day job, feeders can be very difficult!trying to adjust is awfull.sometimes I wonder if its better back in the grind.I guess there is no perfect job at ups.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
the feeder work is great compared to pkg,but if you cant sleep during the day and dont have the senority to get a day job, feeders can be very difficult!trying to adjust is awfull.sometimes I wonder if its better back in the grind.I guess there is no perfect job at ups.
Why would anyone want a daytime driving job? Perfect run is 2300 start going to cach or jef. Off by 0700-0800. No traffic, just a little pressure to get loads back and real good money for hours worked.