Feeder position open

Xpodriver

Small package is hiring feeder drivers for the Lenexa and Egerton Ks terminals, I have applied for both, can anyone tell me if one terminal is better than the other, also how does the job of feeder driver compare to LTL linehaul? Are all runs meets/drop hooks? Also any idea what starting pay is? And are all feeder drivers hired as temps? Thanks in advance

Brown Now

Small package is hiring feeder drivers for the Lenexa and Egerton Ks terminals, I have applied for both, can anyone tell me if one terminal is better than the other, also how does the job of feeder driver compare to LTL linehaul? Are all runs meets/drop hooks? Also any idea what starting pay is? And are all feeder drivers hired as temps? Thanks in advance
I can't speak for your area, but if your called in for an interview, Go! Some are meets and some you go to other UPS facilities. You usually drive the same tractor once you get a bid or you're covering someone's bid for the week. It's somewhat similar to freight with the exception our trailers are all scheduled. More so than freight. Picture an airline. Once you arrive, in most cases that trailer has a date with a door on the building almost immediately when you arrive. It just moves at a much faster pace.

Many drivers are hired as seasonal employees. This is how you get screened. In many cases, if you do well, they'll ask you to come back permanently. I work with so many ex FedEx Freight and FedEx Express drivers, Conway/XPO, Holland, YRC etc.

Most runs are paid hourly, some paid by mileage. Me personally, I like hourly runs. I like not having to run like a scalded cat or worry about traffic or weather. Heavy hitters usually go after mileage runs.

It's a 4 year progression to scale.You start at around $19/HR and top out at roughly $37, mileage is I believe around 81cents per mile. Time and a half after 8 hours, if youre running hourly, pension provided and insurance is free to you and your family. It's hard to get in, and a hard road to get to bid coverage, but it's arguably the best position in transportation! You'll have a job for life.Good luck to you.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I can't speak for your area, but if your called in for an interview, Go! Some are meets and some you go to other UPS facilities. You usually drive the same tractor once you get a bid or you're covering someone's bid for the week. It's somewhat similar to freight with the exception our trailers are all scheduled. More so than freight. Picture an airline. Once you arrive, in most cases that trailer has a date with a door on the building almost immediately when you arrive. It just moves at a much faster pace.

Many drivers are hired as seasonal employees. This is how you get screened. In many cases, if you do well, they'll ask you to come back permanently. I work with so many ex FedEx Freight and FedEx Express drivers, Conway/XPO, Holland, YRC etc.

Most runs are paid hourly, some paid by mileage. Me personally, I like hourly runs. I like not having to run like a scalded cat or worry about traffic or weather. Heavy hitters usually go after mileage runs.

It's a 4 year progression to scale.You start at around $19/HR and top out at roughly $37, mileage is I believe around 81cents per mile. Time and a half after 8 hours, if youre running hourly, pension provided and insurance is free to you and your family. It's hard to get in, and a hard road to get to bid coverage, but it's arguably the best position in transportation! You'll have a job for life.Good luck to you.
Don't you go straight to top scale as feeder? Even if under four years