Feeder question 2.0 newbies

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yeah, dispatch maps suck. They sent me somewhere one night with an old map. "You can't miss it!" they said. "This map is good!" they said. Wrong. And wrong again. I ended up on a dead end dirt road. Luckily I was TO. Always ask any driver you see if they have ever been where you're going. They usually know.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Got some new meat coming into feeders fresh from feeder school. Need ideas about hazing, initiation rituals you all have done. We are quite the pranksters as it is (gloves with grease inside) one of my favorites. But would like to hear from the feeder brotherhood.
How about you treat them with respect and like an adult. Teach them how to be better feeder drivers. Instead of trying to make a stressful situation that much more stressful. These aren't children, they are grown men and women. You might just "haze" the wrong person.

Amen to all, as a new 8 month driver we have plenty to worry about, from the equipment to techniques to backing anxiety to not knowing where we are going... Fortunately I'm in a center that is FANTASTIC at making us newbies feel welcome, and everyone has been extremely helpful with all of it -- tips, directions, mirror adjustment, etc. It was a relief to hear from a senior driver that he had bad backing days on occasion -- so slow it down, try again, and either concentrate or stop thinking (over thinking) it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Amen to all, as a new 8 month driver we have plenty to worry about, from the equipment to techniques to backing anxiety to not knowing where we are going... Fortunately I'm in a center that is FANTASTIC at making us newbies feel welcome, and everyone has been extremely helpful with all of it -- tips, directions, mirror adjustment, etc. It was a relief to hear from a senior driver that he had bad backing days on occasion -- so slow it down, try again, and either concentrate or stop thinking (over thinking) it.

Still working on that one, myself. lol

barnyard

KTM rider
Got some new meat coming into feeders fresh from feeder school. Need ideas about hazing, initiation rituals you all have done. We are quite the pranksters as it is (gloves with grease inside) one of my favorites. But would like to hear from the feeder brotherhood.

Hazing??? Sounds more like 'being a dick to new drivers.'