Feeder Transfer

Indecisi0n

That's how it is here. Took me 25 years in pkg before I got into feeders. Went from the top of pkg vacation picks to my 6 weeks in feeder vacation over within the first two months of the year.
Who the hell transfers at 25 years ? Only transfer I would be doing then is retirement.

quad decade guy

Yeah that’s crazy. I’ve heard you guys wait forever. Our package seniority doesn’t carry over here so it thins the list out. Package guys with 10+ years don’t want to lose that seniority. We just had two 20+ year pkg guys come to feeders. Right to the bottom. Worst jobs. Worst start times. I couldn’t stomach that. 20 year package guy working with a street guy who’s been there a year and has more seniority. SMDH

Try that with almost 40 full time years. The way it is here. No-one leaves and stay way over 30 years generally, especially the guys that got lucky and got into feeders early in their careers. And when I ask why it's this way....blank stares and "just the way it's always been..." yeah but why? shrugs. Union reps? "IDK".

aucbake

I am a part time cover feeder driver in alabama. Do I automatically go to the bottom of the part time cover feeder list at the center I do an educational transfer to? Or do I have to wait and sign up on a bid sheet?

ManInBrown

I am a part time cover feeder driver in alabama. Do I automatically go to the bottom of the part time cover feeder list at the center I do an educational transfer to? Or do I have to wait and sign up on a bid sheet?
Everywhere is different. Here, once you’re in feeders you are guaranteed a start time for the week. You are guaranteed 8 hours per day of feeder work. I’ve heard of places where you’re on call. I’ve heard of places where you can be bumped back to package. Every local is different.