Feeders where do you plug in your stuff?

brown67

Most feeder drivers at our center have a cb, xm, and stereo system in their trucks. Where and how to they plug everything in? Do the trucks have inverters? Plus, I know the truck have speakers in them, so how do they plug their radios into the speakers?

terrymac

no power inverters, we use the power posts on the dashes of most tractors , also some tractors have speaker connectors for tractor speakers. UPS is supposed to provide the cb ant. and coax, but it is usually poor quality. I build radio boxes for some of the drivers in my area.

raceanoncr

Most feeder drivers at our center have a cb, xm, and stereo system in their trucks. Where and how to they plug everything in? Do the trucks have inverters? Plus, I know the truck have speakers in them, so how do they plug their radios into the speakers?

Brown trucks have cables and quick-connect power plugs already installed, either from the factory or from the shop when servicing for initial use.

No inverters. Don't need em unless you're planning on bringing your home VCR, electric guitar, hospital bed, hot-wired vibrator.

Most new tractors also have quick connect speaker connections. All you have to do is run your speaker wires to em. I always put some kind of soldered or hard end on em so's they don't get frayed and kinked up all the time. Works real well.

Have the antenna aleady installed too. Some bring their own, tho, cuz factory might not be too zippy. Will NOT have XM antenna installed. That's up to you.

Any more questions? Contact Engineer79. He's smarter than anyone else on here...just ask him.

SmithBarney

Xm is easy, in most cases its a magnetic base, just run it out the door jam
and slap it on the roof(if its metal)
If your in the same rig/feeder day after day, you could leave antenna's installed.. etc... but that of course comes with the chance it'll go missing tomorrow if your center/hub does that kind of thing.

xracer

We are each assigned our own tractor here and either install or have the mechanic install our radio's for us. The antennas are already factory installed and we just need to hook up to them, in most cased we upgrade the coax and the cb antenna because the stock ones are pretty much crap (jmho) the speakers vary with the tractors, the Internationals have the best speaker setup, the Sterlings are ok and the Macks are marginal at best.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Ive got a great idea, solar powered embroidered pillows. Lets see how much juice will the pillow need? How many power outlets will it need? Seriously just think how much money can be made here, Lets patten it.