feeling abused and not sure what happens after holidays

bjghtiiiii

I started working in August as a full time driver and was told after 60 days, we all become UPS employees and our probation is over. Well, that never happened. Instead, we're told, they're going to make a decision after the holidays. I've been busting my ass working almost 50+ hours a week with no days off and everything is so up in the air right now. I honestly think they're looking for excuses to get rid of me by intentionally :censored2:ing up my truck, throwing boxes everywhere and giving me packages on purpose outside of my route so I finish late and then have to get yelled at upon returning. Man, the :censored2:ing job is easy, its just that this company beyond toxic and :censored2:ed up. Is it possible, that after busting my ass, the last 4 months with the expectation of becoming a ups employee with actual days off and vacation that they could just throw some of us away? I mean, I know the obvious quick answer is going to be OF COURSE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. I've been in no accidents, never missed a day in the last four months, NEVER SAID NO TO ANYTHING, but yet I feel like it was all for nothing. Has anyone gone through this mental torture with this company during your first 4 or 5 months? YES, I DO COME BACK LATE SOMETIMES BECAUSE THEY @#$@#$@$ UP gosh darn TRUCK SOMETIMES, THROWING BOXES ALL OVER THE PLACE THAT IT TAKES ME TIME ORGANIZE IT. I SWEAR TO GOD, I THINK THEY DO THIS ON PURPOSE. MY TRUCK THE OTHER DAY WAS AN ABSOLUTE ABOMINATION THAT YOU LITERALLY HAD TO SCREW IT UP ON PURPOSE. TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND ANY PACKAGES SO YEAH, I WAS LATE A FEW TIMES. THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY ON ANY OF THE PACKAGE HANDLERS, ITS SO ANNOYING. SOMETIMES I THINK THE MANAGERS PURPOSELY GO IN THERE AND TELL THEM TO MESS IT UP WHICH IS EVEN WORSE.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Starting out as a FT driver in the few months before peak seems to be the perennial issue here. Good luck to you man. These are horror stories I wish didn’t happen at UPS.

bjghtiiiii

Starting out as a FT driver in the few months before peak seems to be the perennial issue here. Good luck to you man. These are horror stories I wish didn’t happen at UPS.

thanks, same here. I actually like the job and find it easy and relaxing. you know, the part where we deliver packages, but this other BS doesn't have to be this way. Does anyone high up in corporate actually know what goes on with the most important aspect of their business? I can't believe they can be this deattached. i swear, i really think my truck is being ruined on purpose so I come back late and get yelled at. I honestly think they throw packages way outside my route and make me deliver them at 9pm at night in really horrible areas. But, I do with no complaints and still get yelled at.

542thruNthru

I started working in August as a full time driver and was told after 60 days, we all become UPS employees and our probation is over. Well, that never happened. Instead, we're told, they're going to make a decision after the holidays. I've been busting my ass working almost 50+ hours a week with no days off and everything is so up in the air right now. I honestly think they're looking for excuses to get rid of me by intentionally :censored2:ing up my truck, throwing boxes everywhere and giving me packages on purpose outside of my route so I finish late and then have to get yelled at upon returning. Man, the :censored2:ing job is easy, its just that this company beyond toxic and :censored2:ed up. Is it possible, that after busting my ass, the last 4 months with the expectation of becoming a ups employee with actual days off and vacation that they could just throw some of us away? I mean, I know the obvious quick answer is going to be OF COURSE THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT. I've been in no accidents, never missed a day in the last four months, NEVER SAID NO TO ANYTHING, but yet I feel like it was all for nothing. Has anyone gone through this mental torture with this company during your first 4 or 5 months? YES, I DO COME BACK LATE SOMETIMES BECAUSE THEY @#$@#$@$ UP gosh darn TRUCK SOMETIMES, THROWING BOXES ALL OVER THE PLACE THAT IT TAKES ME TIME ORGANIZE IT. I SWEAR TO GOD, I THINK THEY DO THIS ON PURPOSE. MY TRUCK THE OTHER DAY WAS AN ABSOLUTE ABOMINATION THAT YOU LITERALLY HAD TO SCREW IT UP ON PURPOSE. TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIND ANY PACKAGES SO YEAH, I WAS LATE A FEW TIMES. THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY ON ANY OF THE PACKAGE HANDLERS, ITS SO ANNOYING. SOMETIMES I THINK THE MANAGERS PURPOSELY GO IN THERE AND TELL THEM TO MESS IT UP WHICH IS EVEN WORSE.

What date did you actually start? What supplmental contract are you under? What do you mean you've worked with no days off?

bjghtiiiii

What date did you actually start? What supplmental contract are you under? What do you mean you've worked with no days off?
Its seasonal, but they promised all 3 of us that if we just did our job, never called out, no accidents and did good work, we would become full time employees with all the benefits and perks of a full time employee. I just feel like they've lied and abused us. My start date was August 1st. I mean, I never called out one time

542thruNthru

Its seasonal, but they promised all 3 of us that if we just did our job, never called out, no accidents and did good work, we would become full time employees with all the benefits and perks of a full time employee. I just feel like they've lied and abused us. My start date was August 1st. I mean, I never called out one time

I've never heard of a seasonal period lasting from Aug 1st till Jan 1st. That's a 5 month seasonal period. What state are you in?

BlackCat

They will offer you a preload gig in due time.

Maybe they will offer you a PT permanent job until a FT job opens up.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
You’re best bet is to move on from this job. This is how the company operates, very toxic work environment. If you’re already this upset/frustrated you’ll never make it.

bjghtiiiii

You’re best bet is to move on from this job. This is how the company operates, very toxic work environment. If you’re already this upset/frustrated you’ll never make it.

I've thought about it, but it just pisses me off because I actually love the job. I love being outdoors and doing the deliveries. its just so frustrating.

brownelf

Have you been paying union dues? If you have I would contact your local and talk with someone there. You may already be a permanent FT employee depending on local contract agreements. Don't rely on what your management team is telling you.

MattM

Are you or were you considered union? Did anyone else make the cut and you didn't?

Could you have asked about your concerns months back?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Nobody here can help you

Call your local union hall and talk to a business agent

@Indecisi0n
1BB44720-E01D-4335-9CD7-D2943D0C5A3A.gif

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
You need to find out what supplement your area is covered under in NY. Then post that here in order for anyone to give you specifics. Do not post your actual physical location. The best general advice I can give is try not to get frustrated. What you are going through is typical and happens every year. My area does not work exactly the way you describe. There is vastly different language regarding “seasonal employees” and when they can be used depending on what supplement and or rider your area falls under.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY ON ANY OF THE PACKAGE HANDLERS, ITS SO ANNOYING. SOMETIMES I THINK THE MANAGERS PURPOSELY GO IN THERE AND TELL THEM TO MESS IT UP WHICH IS EVEN WORSE.

Management told me to mess your truck up, so that's why I did it. Pretty big conspiracy. Goes all the way to the top.
David Abney wanted you out till 9 every night. He told me so.