Fellow teamsters anti union

Brownt10

It is more apparent in the current facility I’m in that my fellow teamsters are anti union in the sense that these scum bags watch other teamsters get burried & slammed having no egress, complain when they miss a package while the lazy people are in the easy pulls. Yet these lazy people complaining about the guy buried missing a couple packages collect the most grievance checks for supervisors working. Anyone else experience this? In my opinion if you knowingly turn a blind eye & don’t report incidents or help out fellow teamsters in anyway but instead attack them then you don’t deserve grievance checks & you shouldn’t be a member of our union. I’m ready to throw these 2 clowns under the bus who give junior upcoming teamsters a hard time, laugh & teehee w/ management, walk around b.s.ing all shift by letting the stewards know they are screwing fellowing teamsters

meritocracy

Best thing you can do is educate the new people so they can do what they need to in order to make sure they aren't getting slammed all the time or when they are getting slammed they aren't worried about it and they are in a safe work environment. Tell em that:

- speed is the company's problem not our problem
- the company is required to maintain a safe path to egress and it says it in the contract -- teach em how to file on it
- when supervisors work they're stealing from our pockets -- teach em how to file on it and get that money (chances are they see instances of it that the higher seniority guys don't)
- sucking up to management won't get you anywhere

You can confront the other guys you're talking about but I'd say just leave it to reminding them that they're :censored2: talking their union brothers and sisters and that we're all on the same team here. When we hurt each other management wins.

UPSER1987

It is more apparent in the current facility I’m in that my fellow teamsters are anti union in the sense that these scum bags watch other teamsters get burried & slammed having no egress, complain when they miss a package while the lazy people are in the easy pulls. Yet these lazy people complaining about the guy buried missing a couple packages collect the most grievance checks for supervisors working. Anyone else experience this? In my opinion if you knowingly turn a blind eye & don’t report incidents or help out fellow teamsters in anyway but instead attack them then you don’t deserve grievance checks & you shouldn’t be a member of our union. I’m ready to throw these 2 clowns under the bus who give junior upcoming teamsters a hard time, laugh & teehee w/ management, walk around b.s.ing all shift by letting the stewards know they are screwing fellowing teamsters
Believe …it’s a “brotherhood” when convenient only. Your bother will throw you under the bus as soon as look at you. Happens ALL the time.

freehoodies

And then blame the victim because they didn't vote.
Its better not to vote if you dont understand what you are voting for.

Honestly alot of drivers dont even know whats in the contract, they shouldn’t be making decisions like whos going to have final say on contract language or setting the tone for interactions with the company

NYJetsfan87

Take it from me at some point you will need the union and be thankful you have one. For years I always thought it was a waste of my money to be in the union. I was fortunate to work for some pretty good management people. Some better then others but nothing like this piece of garbage we have now. Just to give you a quick background on myself , I am am 22.3 inside overnight employee. Long story short this tyrant full time supervisor was transferred to my shift after being thrown out of basically every hub in New York. How this man still has a job is mind boggling. He messes up people’s pay , doesn’t put vacations in correctly , abuses the work force and talks down to people (including his own management team ), doesn’t know anything about the job and is a compulsive liar. Some say he reads and writes at a 1st grade level which is why he needs other people to do his paperwork for him. He’s so incompetent he needs part timers under him with less years on the job to do his job tasks. This man has been caught throwing packages into trucks only to then try and write the union member up for loading misloads. He tells bulk drivers to put the bulk in the wrong places then argues and tries to write them up for it. He’s union busting and constantly trying to turn everyone against each other. He doesn’t follow seniority , actually he doesn’t follow any rules. He’s notorious for not being accessible , never being in the operation and for having no compassion. This from a person that leaves early and takes off weeks and days anytime he has the slightest family problem. He works about 4 hours a day , out of which 2 he hides somewhere and the rest he’s yelling /screaming/and threatening a member , a supervisor under him or even one of his fellow full time supervisors. He’s creating a miserable environment by creating such a stressful environment. All that being said , he could be YOUR next boss. If and when that happens you’ll thank almighty god himself for the union like I did. It’s obvious management can’t get rid of him despite all his terminable offenses he’s committed against his own management team and the union. He cries racism but is the biggest racist and sexist I’ve ever met. He literally hits on every female new hire that walks in the place. We were talking in the cafeteria the other day in between the shifts the twilight and night about why he has not been fired for sexual harassment yet. Anyhow I left the best part for last. There are talks that may make this idiot a manager lololol. How laughable. But that’s what we are dealing with. And as long as UPS allows tyrants like this in the management ranks we will unfortunately need the union.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Take it from me at some point you will need the union and be thankful you have one. For years I always thought it was a waste of my money to be in the union. I was fortunate to work for some pretty good management people. Some better then others but nothing like this piece of garbage we have now. Just to give you a quick background on myself , I am am 22.3 inside overnight employee. Long story short this tyrant full time supervisor was transferred to my shift after being thrown out of basically every hub in New York. How this man still has a job is mind boggling. He messes up people’s pay , doesn’t put vacations in correctly , abuses the work force and talks down to people (including his own management team ), doesn’t know anything about the job and is a compulsive liar. Some say he reads and writes at a 1st grade level which is why he needs other people to do his paperwork for him. He’s so incompetent he needs part timers under him with less years on the job to do his job tasks. This man has been caught throwing packages into trucks only to then try and write the union member up for loading misloads. He tells bulk drivers to put the bulk in the wrong places then argues and tries to write them up for it. He’s union busting and constantly trying to turn everyone against each other. He doesn’t follow seniority , actually he doesn’t follow any rules. He’s notorious for not being accessible , never being in the operation and for having no compassion. This from a person that leaves early and takes off weeks and days anytime he has the slightest family problem. He works about 4 hours a day , out of which 2 he hides somewhere and the rest he’s yelling /screaming/and threatening a member , a supervisor under him or even one of his fellow full time supervisors. He’s creating a miserable environment by creating such a stressful environment. All that being said , he could be YOUR next boss. If and when that happens you’ll thank almighty god himself for the union like I did. It’s obvious management can’t get rid of him despite all his terminable offenses he’s committed against his own management team and the union. He cries racism but is the biggest racist and sexist I’ve ever met. He literally hits on every female new hire that walks in the place. We were talking in the cafeteria the other day in between the shifts the twilight and night about why he has not been fired for sexual harassment yet. Anyhow I left the best part for last. There are talks that may make this idiot a manager lololol. How laughable. But that’s what we are dealing with. And as long as UPS allows tyrants like this in the management ranks we will unfortunately need the union.

Get him transferred or promoted to our building, we be a waiting... we have a long history of demigods that stepped over the line that are no longer with the company...A dime a dozen...

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Make sure he doesn't trip in the parking lot

Commercial Inside Release

Take it from me at some point you will need the union and be thankful you have one. For years I always thought it was a waste of my money to be in the union. I was fortunate to work for some pretty good management people. Some better then others but nothing like this piece of garbage we have now.
Everyone that read your story, can see their own Management in what you described. To some it might sound like a carbon copy.

NYJetsfan87

Get him transferred or promoted to our building, we be a waiting... we have a long history of demigods that stepped over the line that are no longer with the company...A dime a dozen...
Unfortunately, I’m not sure there is much you or anyone can do against this tyrant. Like I stated he’s been kicked out of two buildings in NY already. Then he was kicked off the twilight in my building. Apparently nobody in management wants to work with him . From a union

Member standpoint my problem is he was thrown out of all those sorts because the management teams he worked with hated him and refused to work with him. Not because of the union. Which scares me. Among other things from what I hear he would make his management partners do his work for him and then blame them when something went wrong. He would create drama and turn the management work force against each other by making up stories and being a liar. And I believe all of that and more because that’s exactly what he does in my building. On my shift employees from management and the union have called corporate on him many times because of his countless payroll mistakes and for harassment. Our union is pretty powerful but seems powerless against him. In fact even the business agent avoids him. The most our union BA ever did was file an anonymous corporate complaint against him for not paying people correctly. I think when that happened he messed up four newly made 22.3 full timers paychecks in just one week. It’s the BA’s job to take this guy on straight up. Not behind the scenes ! So we weren’t happy with that. The outcome of that BA complaint was UPS doesn’t let this full timer do timecards anymore. A Full time management person making maybe close to 100,00 a year or more who has nothing nice to say about anyone else can’t correctly do his own timecards. Part time employees with less experience and who are making much less have to complete this important task for him. And don’t think for a second he appreciates it. He will blame them and scold them in a second for any mistakes they might make. And the crazy thing is , it’s across the board , both union and management are in agreement about him and have filed complaints against him. He’s been sat down by LP security more times then I can count. Yet somehow he’s still around. And not only still around but there are talks of him becoming a manager? We were talking in the cafeteria about this and were saying if they make this illiterate compulsive liar a manager how UPS will lose all credibility and become an absolute laughing stock. My union also says if they make him a manager they will refuse any future discipline based on his past history of getting away with multiple terminable offenses . That being said he’s on his 10th vacation or time off period for the year this week . Which we find ironic because whenever any other employees in the building has a problem he harasses them and tells them to leave their problems at the door. Then tries to write them up. But , when he has any sort of problem those harsh rules don’t apply to him. He will be the first one to leave early and will take days and weeks off at a time. Even when he’s at work he hides in an office and makes the other full timers and part time management people do his work for him. Then leaves early. Takes the credit for anything that goes well and for anything that doesn’t go right he blames everyone else. Great system. And it’s working for him. You can tell when this tyrant is off too. Less tension and arguments in the building. Operation runs smoother . So everyone is enjoying our time away from him this week. But he will be back with his usual bag of tricks on Monday so like the Boy Scouts we will need to be prepared. The crazy thing is before this tyrant showed up on my shift I worked for some pretty decent full timers. Some better then others. Ive had my share of disagreements over the years with some of them. But I was lucky enough to never even need the union until this man showed up. UPS created the need for having a union. They only have themselves to blame. If they didn’t keep people like this full timer we wouldn’t need a union. So this will remain a mystery. Pay a full timer all that money and he takes off half the year because of his personal problems , works 4 to 5 hours a day , hides in offices and makes part timers do half if not more of his job for him ? Only at UPS! And they are worried about 1 misload when it’s 125 degrees inside the trailer ! I just gave you some examples of this mans behavior. There is plenty I left out. To much to even remember and or type. So yeah it’s sad some of us have to deal with people like that at UPS. But in closing don’t feel bad for me. Because like I said prior to him I had some pretty good management people working with me. I only read about the bad ones. I guess it’s my turn to actually work with one now.

NYJetsfan87

Everyone that read your story, can see their own Management in what you described. To some it might sound like a carbon copy.
That’s unfortunate to hear. I guess I was lucky all these years. Prior to this tyrant my management team ranged from decent to pretty good. Add in a few knuckleheads here and there but nothing like the guy I work with now !

Commercial Inside Release

I see a ton of what you describe in some of our management, but I always had hope they would eventually get what's coming to them. Now I wonder if that was just wishful thinking.

You know, if you all put your heads together, a tyrant like that could be easy to set up for a fall.